Sign in to follow this  

ghost car process

Another newbie question.  I have started a few races where there is a big pile up at the beginning of the race which causes me to slow down and pick my way only to find a few drivers behind me never slow down and go through me like if I was a ghost car.  Now this is really unfair.  Does the game automatically detect a great speed differential between two cars and turned them into ghost cars?  

Never mind, nobody answered.  I just watched a video from a fellow competitor and he is hit from behind, turned 180 degrees facing backwards and saw another competitor go through him.   I guess the game does do ghost cars when speed differential is great.  Trouble is if someone gets it wrong, they will destroy their cars or do damage.

Yesterday, I was running on line on PS3 and the car behind me went through my car ever so slightly until he had completely passed, yet I did not feel a bump at all.  This took several seconds.  Is this normal?   

Hi Imtr Asked the same question to myself, but really dont unterstand the System, when a car becomes ghosted and when not. Yesterday I was in the garage in coop mode and my teammate left his pit as a ghost.... I have no clue, why...