Sign in to follow this  

Dirt Rally 2.0 - Field of View slider in console version

I'm hoping to see FOV slider in consoles. If console players are driving a same lobby than PC people, then console players should also have FOV slider.
F1 games have it, there is no reason not to but it in Dirt Rally 2 also.

I am worried that Dirt Rally 2.0 won't have Dirt Rally's amazing near perfect dash view. I haven't seen it in any of the media yet.

If DR2.0 doesn't have this realistic perspective then I am not going to bother buying the game.

https://youtu.be/6MYE6ZHGLXI

I love that cam as well! 

I feel sorry for the console people if it's not in. On PC it's moddable at least.. 

Areyouben said:
DiRT 4 had that cam as well so I’m not too worried.

Except in all the videos so far that incredible view is now missing. The Dash view in DiRT2.0 is now pulled way back and is terrible. 

Can't believe they downgraded one of the best things about the last two Dirt games.

Whoever was in charge of the dash view in Dirt Rally and Dirt4 was brilliant. Whoever decided to pull the view back and down just ruined the game as far as I am concerend. That's a deal breaker.

What the heck were they thinking? 

So dumb.

"If DR2.0 doesn't have this realistic perspective then I am not going to bother buying the game."

In my opininion The new "dash-camera" looks much realistic and better like proper simulators like RBR, AssettoCorsa Android PCars 2. I myself used dash-cam before with pc, but now I'm using fov 38 degrees with cockpit cam and being more immersed;)

In my opinion they should just let the camera control free. Let us place the camera exactly where we want it. 

I really have to second this request - for a FOV slider in console release. The latest bonnet footage has a high FOV, meaning it looks less realistic and too much of a 'fish-eye' view, imho.

Codies, please include this!

lol no ,  because its gives an impression of slowing  down and you have tunnel effect  for high FOV  ,  but if the FOV is limited is ok  for console  or go PC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se95M2ySzDI 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5izDVTJHFE

Great video. Though the FOV on the LHS is too low, this really shows the problem. With a high FOV, the game loses impact and loses the 'you are there' feel.

I am playing DR4 and really enjoying it, except because it's a console release, there is no way to adjust FOV. And it's too high, in every view! Objects distort when your car slides around, and things in the distance look further away than they actually are. It robs the feel of really driving, and makes it all more 'gamey' and less enjoyable, sadly.

I really do hope Codies are listening.

@ChristinaMc is there any chance we could know that the team is aware of this issue? It can make a huge difference to how the game looks/feels. Some of us console players would prefer to not have an artificially narrow road and distorted visuals due to an unnaturally high FOV. Thanks!

Edited by Jake Cushing
Fixed tag