Jump to content Jump to content

Anything new this week?

Andi said:
That is a fair point, I think it has more to do the great amount of profit to be made over here since everything in physical copy is overpriced.
No they are not overpriced in Australia, prices are comparable with US/UK. And don't know where you live in Australia but I live in Sydney and I have excellent high speed internet.
Andi said:
That is a fair point, I think it has more to do the great amount of profit to be made over here since everything in physical copy is overpriced.
No they are not overpriced in Australia, prices are comparable with US/UK. And don't know where you live in Australia but I live in Sydney and I have excellent high speed internet.
Not sure what fantasy land you live in but the prices are not comparable to the US at all, next-gen games are $60 USD there and $99 or $120 here. Handheld games are $20 or $30 higher and even digital download games cost $10-30 more on steam.

I live in Melbourne and pay top dollar for fast internet but the majority of people I know have internet that would be considered horrible in any other country. If you have good internet in Australia you are in the minority, when the NBN rolls out (if ever) it might improve.
Andi said:
Andi said:
Not sure what fantasy land you live in but the prices are not comparable to the US at all, next-gen games are $60 USD there and $99 or $120 here. Handheld games are $20 or $30 higher and even digital download games cost $10-30 more on steam.

I live in Melbourne and pay top dollar for fast internet but the majority of people I know have internet that would be considered horrible in any other country. If you have good internet in Australia you are in the minority, when the NBN rolls out (if ever) it might improve.
They should of called the Australian currency Dingo or Kangers so ignorant Aussies wouldn't confuse their AU $ with the US $ which are not related in any way. The minimum wage in US and Australia are not the same. Minimum wage in US is around $8 an hour in Australia it's about $18. Do I need to go on... or do you want to continue to show how ignorant you are about the relative costs of items to people living and earning salaries in their respective countries?
Andi said:
Andi said:

They should of called the Australian currency Dingo or Kangers so ignorant Aussies wouldn't confuse their AU $ with the US $ which are not related in any way. The minimum wage in US and Australia are not the same. Minimum wage in US is around $8 an hour in Australia it's about $18. Do I need to go on... or do you want to continue to show how ignorant you are about the relative costs of items to people living and earning salaries in their respective countries?
So because we earn more we should pay more for exactly the same product? It is cheaper to buy games even individually from USA or UK and get them shipped here which is just impractical. Some physical stores sell games $10-15 lower than others and say it is still profitable... Of course their minimum wage is lower than ours but we pay much higher tax, including GST.

Still doesn't explain why we are getting ripped off when buying games digitally.
Andi said:
Andi said:

So because we earn more we should pay more for exactly the same product? It is cheaper to buy games even individually from USA or UK and get them shipped here which is just impractical. Some physical stores sell games $10-15 lower than others and say it is still profitable... Of course their minimum wage is lower than ours but we pay much higher tax, including GST.

Still doesn't explain why we are getting ripped off when buying games digitally.
P308R said:
@Loore Can we expect some video-footage today? 

A few very nice blogs have been released. Would be nice to see it supported by some moving "voitures" :)
Possibly, but not likely I'm afraid. We had some Community guys in yesterday creating some footage and that'll go live Monday :)
@Loore

Just want to give a shout again to make a 'latest official news' sticky, where we can see at a glance any new information, be they blogs, videos etc posted by yourself - with a locked page so it doesn't become a mess (we can discuss anything in the usual places below it).
@Loore

Just want to give a shout again to make a 'latest official news' sticky, where we can see at a glance any new information, be they blogs, videos etc posted by yourself - with a locked page so it doesn't become a mess (we can discuss anything in the usual places below it).
It's on my list of things to do today :)
Goonertez said:
Does this mean there is a new video to show us?
Not sure if im just missing the posts or something else, but i woulda thought there would be more to show us already no?

We've got some good Touring Car stuff this week :) I'm also updating this thread with all the latest news and bits and pieces.
Goonertez said:
hey, i just took a quick look at your thread you mentioned just there....i couldnt see where that 9 minute long eurogamer vid might be...is it in there somewhere?
Nope, I've kept this to 'our reveals' for now, will be adding Autosport from around the web later on :)
Goonertez said:
Does this mean there is a new video to show us?
Not sure if im just missing the posts or something else, but i woulda thought there would be more to show us already no?

Added a video on our site will search where I posted the 9 min vid and add it on same page.

http://assiemodis-game.ucoz.com/index/grid_autosport/0-12

Edit:
Done the 9 min vid is added to that page
P308R said:
How Big is Lee's present gonna be :-h and Loore, you leave when the best part is going to be revealed :-?? To another great week :D
I know...I was on the plane looking at my watching thinking "Oh, its just gone live, wonder how it's gone". As soon as I landed I fired up the laptop to check.

Cowboy hats all around!
After the amazing touringcar reveal earlier this week and a multiplayer update I was wondering when there will be a new batch of screenshots revealed? Prefer some French beauties :D 

Need some GAS 

:-bd