Sign in to follow this  

WILL THRUSTMASTER T80 FERRARI 488 GTB EDITION WORK ON F1 2018?

hi,
I am looking to buy the 

THRUSTMASTER T80 FERRARI 488 GTB EDITION

for my F1 2018 on PC. Will it work with PC F1 2018?

Save up for a logitech g29/920 ones for PS4/PC the others for XB/PC...I've been seeing them for around $200 on Amazon lately...the upgraded pedals alone are worth the extra cost let alone the fact the the Logitech has FFB...Compared to the T80s bungee cord system where you have to completely rely on repetition and sound to some degree to get your information on what a car is doing thru a corner handling wise...I did the same thing bought the TM Ferrari Red Legend edition (essentially a limited edition T80) and upgraded to the g29 within a month.  The only reason I wouldn't recommend the T300 is the stock pedals are the same as the T80 and the total cost of the wheel + upgraded pedal set is pushing like $400 and I've never used the upgraded pedals but I've heard they aren't any better than the g29s (which also have some aftermarket mods available to help make the pedals even better down the road) if you want to continue sim racing... Eventually if you have fun and really want to get good you'll need to upgrade to a Fanatec system or the other higher end options available...my current g29 has lasted me about a year and a half and I will be changing over to a Fanatec CSL Elite+ with ClubSport V3 pedals and the ClubSport F1 2018 wheel tomorrow when the base and pedals arrive
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

It will, but I don't recommend buying it, save up for a force feedback wheel like t150 pro (if you're going to get the t150 or t300, make sure it's the pro that comes with the 3 pedal set). trust me, it's worth to save up rather than get the t80 right now

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

I can definitively say that the Logitech pedals are 1000% better than the Thrustmaster T3PA as I have both. But the wheel I have is the T300 and it is better than the G920 and G27 I have owned. The Logitech wheel is very well made and feels nice in leather. It is also very ergonomically well thought out. The T300 is better from a deadzone and consistent feedback point of view as it is belt / gears. The Logitech is quite crude, harsh and noisy in comparison. The Thrustmaster is more expensive and questionable on build quality. I have had a new PSU under warranty (problem occurred at 14 months use on 75% feedback) I also run in 'always-on' fan and have replaced the fan with a different one.

The T300 standard rim, well, I did not like it. I pretty much got an F1 Rim straight away, but it is not an ergonomic button layout and the wheel looks busy with loads of stuff that is not functional. The shifting is excellent (but I have had to replace one shifter microswitch (the upshift) already). The handling response is very good, but the grips let it down (plasticy rubber).

I recently acquired the Open Wheel rim and it is very nice. The Alcantara is nice in the hand, the wheel is ergonomically well laid out and it will accept a bolt on LED Display (the TM BT one is hideously expensive). Only negative with the open wheel is the shifter throw is a little long for quick shifting in games like F1. It just requires an adaptation of your input, a definite tap with the whole finger rather than a flick of the fingertips. The F1 Rim has a shifter bar which moves on a central pivot point, the open wheel is two separate butterfly paddles. The handling is similar to the F1 Rim. It is suited to quick directional changes. This is where I found the T300 standard rim lacking, it feels too big and wallowy. The G920 was more reponsive but it isn't an F1 Rim.

I would say balance the T150 Pro against the Logitech. The T300 doesn't come with adequate pedals (or Rim IMO) so the servo base is a viable option, the G920/29 is a cruder wheel, the T150 could have Thrustmaster build quality. I also have a Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience wheel with me at the moment and the pedals look like the stock Thrustmaster two pedal set that you will get with the T80; don't look the part but probably just as good as the T3PA (and missing a clutch if that is important, it isn't important for F1).

If you buy once with limited budget, then the Logitech is the best price point and durable. It's not expandable or changeable without modding. 

If SIM racing is a hobby, then the T300 is the way to go because you can change the rim and use the Logitech pedals (with an adapter). Or separate pedals via USB but that is the only way to improve on the Logitechs. The T3PA Pro with loadcell is quite pricey, you could look at Fanatec options at that price.

Beyond that, it is serious money! 

One last tip; be prepared to *** everything up. On disassembly of the T300 there were some screws that weren't tight (don't overtighten). I won't say I didn't have to check the Logitech but there was way more careless assembly in the T300. Stuff that self-taps into plastic was more prevalent in the G920 than the G27. The G27 doesn't have enough buttons! 

Edited by steviejay69
Seriously, Codemasters? N i p is censored?
  • Like 1

Good suggestion, I'm pretty sure there's also a t300 pro that's comes with the upgraded pedals if he wanted to go the t300 route too

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, odeepaanh said:

Good suggestion, I'm pretty sure there's also a t300 pro that's comes with the upgraded pedals if he wanted to go the t300 route too

Yeah the T300 RS GT is what I got. But there are more mods for the T3PA Pro. There are mods, because out of the box they are no better than the T3PA, sure they may have a little more metal where it doesn't really matter and they can be inverted GT style but the pedal feel is the same. So they all need modding, just the Pro has more mods.

A standard Logitech pedalset is way better. WIth mods you may have an argument, but a load cell is a bit more work and pricey. But at the end of the day, it's only money. Save up and get them all if you like. 😉