Sign in to follow this  

Cockpit view. How can I know when DRS is activated???

How can I know when DRS is activated???
Yep, I know with the rear mirror I can see, but a led in the steering wheel showing that is activated should be appropriate .
Please do not confuse when the DRS can be activated, which currently has a led in the wheel that shows you that is available. 

When DRS is available, the led on the wheel 'flashes' and it stops flashing when it's activated. It's very subtle (sometimes it's almost impossible to see) but it's there. I hope for the next games they can make it a bit more noticeable.

I haven't played 2018 but in earlier games, you could see it in the mirrors sometimes, depends on car and camera angle.

Other than that, it sounded different. Yes, you could actually listen to the airflow and figure out if the wing is open or not.

Some cars wheels have an extra led that turns on when you activate it, some don't and this makes it even more confusing. It should be made clearer (the audio feedback is way too much delayed and I've never noticed the blinking leds to be honest). 

It would be better if CM either adds a dedicated led for all the cars or an instantaneous sound feedback.

On the shifting lights, there are two of the green leds for DRS (if you look closely, only the red and purple ones are used when revving up). One green light means avaivable, two green lights mean activated.

bassser said:
On the shifting lights, there are two of the green leds for DRS (if you look closely, only the red and purple ones are used when revving up). One green light means avaivable, two green lights mean activated.

Not all cars have that.

Ho3n3r said:
bassser said:

Not all cars have that.

I agree, I just only have a led.

On the Toro Rosso there are four green lights on the left hand side and they light up and flicker when available and they stay lit solid when DRS is activated and the Ferrari is the same but with 2 green lights instead of 4...it’s pretty faint and hard to notice with the vibration and screen shaking already going on in the game but if you look closely I would imagine all the cars do that but I haven’t even driven all the cars in game as I mostly just play career mode and really haven’t paid much attention in the other cars I’ve driven

field of view until you can see the mirrors.
raise or lower vertical height until you can see the rear flaps, or whatever they call them things.

peterf1 said:
raise or lower vertical height until you can see the rear flaps, or whatever they call them things.
You're aware of the fact this is a non-solution, right?

D4rio said:
peterf1 said:
You're aware of the fact this is a non-solution, right?
now that I have re-read OP, yes.
"Yep, I know with the rear mirror I can see,"

I use a 3rd party app. Race dash and have a clear DRS light on it!