Sign in to follow this  

Ayrton Senna

http://autosprint.corrieredellosport.it/2014/05/02/documento-esclusivo-telemetria-senna/15126/

btw @DiRTKiNG808  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3sf5WuYV6g

No doubt a hero of mine when I look back on his career, and life. It's a funny question though isn't it how differently he would've been viewed now had he not died in a racing car. Same with Gilles. And Jim. I don't think it would've changed the main perception that he was one of the greatest the sport has ever seen, but for sure I don't think anyone can deny it's gone at least some way to enhancing his legacy. Needless to say though, legacy doesn't make up for the life that was lost. Him and Roland that weekend.

Gotta agree with you there Seb.

Has anyone here who has Sky Sports F1 watched any of their Senna Week programmes? I've watched all of them except the one with Ron Dennis, and they've been great. Over 5 hours of stuff to watch, and I really liked the fact they did a 30 minute show dedicated to Ratzenburger too. Really good.

I watched "The Last Teammate" thing with Damon Hill, and also the journalist special and F1 show special. And I've got the thing on Roland recorded as well. Nothing groundbreakingly new, but was still nice to reflect, and was generally a good tribute from Sky. Can't help but feel Johnny Herbert could've come up with a better word to describe Senna than "edgy" though, when asked to describe him in one word.

Yeah, I know what you mean :p

Richard Williams was pretty good on the F1 Show I think. It's nice to have someone different from the usual Herbert/Chandhok guest list. But Natalie Pinkham, I don't like her and I don't think she knows what she's doing! I mean, Ted will often be saying something quite interesting and then she'll say some odd, completely irrelevant comment, and Ted will be standing there like 'er, yes, right, well, okay then'. I think they should get someone else in.

Yeah, I know what you mean :p

Richard Williams was pretty good on the F1 Show I think. It's nice to have someone different from the usual Herbert/Chandhok guest list. But Natalie Pinkham, I don't like her and I don't think she knows what she's doing! I mean, Ted will often be saying something quite interesting and then she'll say some odd, completely irrelevant comment, and Ted will be standing there like 'er, yes, right, well, okay then'. I think they should get someone else in.
She sounds a bit like Suzi Perry :p Personally, I think Lee McKenzie and Louise Goodman are both incredibly good at their jobs and deserve the positions that Pinkham and Perry hold.

Lukedfrt said:
Pinkham is too fit to be axed!!!
That's the problem. And Georgie Thompson left last year too!

I think Pinkham is great on Sky F1. She is a proper motorsport fan yet also adds a bit of light heartedness to everything she presents, away from the dreary tone of Lazenby, Hill and the predictable Captain Obvious statements from Herbert. That, and what Luke subtlety pointed out :P

So your saying he was a nobody compared to a Champion?
I'm not saying that he's a nobody but he didn't have the same level of success Senna had which is why I think people think of Senna more so than Ratzenberger

trusake said:
The only reason because anybody think he's the best of the best is because he died racing. Vettel is better than Senna and he's still alive.
you can't really compare Vettel to Senna really as they are 2 drivers from 2 totally different era's. I think Vettel has assured himself a spot in F1 history as an F1 great just as Senna did but you can't really compare them

Britpoint said:
The death of Ayrton Senna is my first memory of Formula One. That saddens me.
it's one of my earliest memories too as I hadn't been following long much before that happened

trusake said:
The only reason because anybody think he's the best of the best is because he died racing. Vettel is better than Senna and he's still alive.
you can't really compare Vettel to Senna really as they are 2 drivers from 2 totally different era's. I think Vettel has assured himself a spot in F1 history as an F1 great just as Senna did but you can't really compare them
True. I wish that they could race together though.