Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Camber Settings backwards??

So I'm currently doing the German GP in career mode and I've been playing around with camber as a means to help control tire temps...Firstly I've noticed (which I think we can all agree on, correct me if I'm wrong though) that the sliders are actually backwards and moving to the left increase negative camber and vice versa and -3.5 is actually the maximum allowable amount of negative camber (I know in actual math -3.5 is less than -2.0 but in terms of camber "less is more")

Secondly it seems that (and I've really only tested at Germany so far, as I've just made this correlation while trying to adjust my setup for this race weekend) that the less negative camber I run the quicker the tire carcass heats up and the overheats.  My first setup I ran -2.8 at the front and -1.4 in the rear and after 1 out lap and 2 laps of the track acclimation program my front tires were in the 212F-214F range and my rears weren't far behind them about 209F-210F...so I pitted after the second lap and changed the camber to about -3.3 and -1.6 (which is roughly around what I usually run at most tracks) and kept my toe setting the same for both at .10 in front and .41 at the rear...I went back out on the same tires about 3mins of actual game time after my first run and after 1 out lap and 3 track acclimation laps my tires were at about 205F for the fronts (specifically the left tire for all examples, I'm aware one side heats up more than the other depending on which way the track goes and if there are more left or right turns) and The rears we're about 207F, if I remember correctly, definitely less than the first run though.

Now I'm still a little new to sim racing...I've only been playing F1 games for less than 2 years and have gone from a basic thrustmaster Ferrari red edition (no FFB) to a G29 with several pedal mods and am currently working on upgrading to a Fanatec CSL Elite+ (with the F1 2018 Formula Rim and ClubSport V3 pedals) but from what I've learned and experienced in other games (pc2 and AC PS4 versions) is that the more negative camber you run (-3.3 being greater than -2.8 in this example) the more tire temp you will have especially at the front.

I have wondered if this may be due to me sliding more thru the corners at -2.8 than -3.4 but to be honest at the time the car felt way more stable and planted at -2.8 than -3.4.

Has anyone else experienced a similar situation? Or if my understanding is incorrect please let me know...I'm really starting to dive into the world of creating setups so any knowledge anyone can pass along would be awesome!!!

I can only comment on the carcass temps and devs have accepted that there is an issue there which is why they have made the option to turn carcass temps off. But therefore not solved the issue, just helped those, especially using controllers, to keep up with the AI who seem not to suffer these issues at all. That would be one thing for such temperature rises to the extreme.