Sign in to follow this  

Dirt 3 Rallying

the rallies felt more realistic when you could see the other drivers (both in singleplayer and multiplayer) so it would be fun if you could have the same feature in dirt rally 2.
in the way that you start and some seconds go and the person behind you starts again.

Yes - I would love this feature in dirt rally 2
No - I like it how it is

lol, "more realistic"? If you want it to be realistic it would be a 1-3 minute difference. You would hardly ever see another car; it will be a huge amount of resource wasted for no benefit IMO.

True but it could be fun to have two cars that are in the same spot at the same time, I remember that that's not uncommon here where I live 

Hmm... I’m on the fence really as I didn’t enjoy it but in real life, they are 1,2 or 3 minutes apart (depending on the class)

At the other hand they could do it like this that the car ahead you could start and then you would start 3 minutes later but not after waiting 3 minutes but for example after 10 seconds and the cars ahead you (bots) would be teleported to be 3 minutes ahead on the road but for multiplayer it would not work so it could look like in DiRT 3 or just ghost would be ok.

The next thing is that we have the stage degradation so would be cool if the cars ahead would really go ahead of you and clean the road or crash at any time. I said the cars could be teleported to 3 minutes ahead, i mean more skipping the time, but the car ahead of you would go full stage so it could crash even 1km after the start line.

I don't know if it's possible to do but this sounds realistic and fair for me but what we want for sure is nice stages, good cars and nice physics and i think we will be happy.

I agree, there's little I want to return from Dirt 3, but among them is Online staggered starts. Between 10-30 seconds is more than enough. This is beneficial for several reasons, it was indeed more of a realistic experience but also, you can filter better drivers to the back as a handicap for a closer more exciting championship battle between a wider field of competition made of players of various skill levels.