Sign in to follow this  

13mb update 02/12/14

Sounds like it's worked :)

Thanks to @Loore‌ for relaying our complaints back to the team... can't have been easy lol !!  Further thanks to the ppl who identified the issue and worked on the patch.

It's funny how we got the update for the game. But then hackers got into Microsoft and ruined it for us united states/Canada residents. All day ive been on and off the internet because those stupid hackers. That's some crap going on lol

Lizard patrol are the group who claim they are kings of ddos attacks. They attacked the live services with floods of traffic taking Xbox live offline temporarily. You can read the reports if you Google it. (Off topic but relevant).

I know it worked when I updated all my 28 cars with my club livery without the game freezing. Usually the game would freeze and crash after I updated my livery on 6-8 cars. Now I can design without having to dashboard the game to do a race after updating a livery. 

It isn't over yet....Beware Mini Cooper fans ... Has anyone been denied access to a lobby due to Download content?   I hope this is fixed but  I had some strange problems today....   Damn, I hope I am wrong...

i

Just got the patch this evening.... no freezing with about 2 1/2 hrs racing. Lobbies are still somewhat empty but noticed they build after awhile in touring car. Everything else was dead. Hopefully the racers come back.

Good to hear the patch has had positive effects for everyone :)

Please do let me know how it performs in the long term.

@loore I was on the online playlists last night for around 3+ hours with the only minor annoyance i noticed was longer transitions between loading screens and an odd thing with in game chat, is that it stutters as though the games going to freeze when completing a race and jumping back to the lobby  then carries on just fine and dandy. so you lose a second of anyone chatting in a game lobby between screens  but if  thats the cost of having this game fixed its a very small annoyance indeed. Thank to the team for fixing this addictive racer at least now it can be played with friends and online, without having that bloody game freeze lottery when entering a lobby. 

Du7cH said:
@loore I was on the online playlists last night for around 3+ hours with the only minor annoyance i noticed was longer transitions between loading screens and an odd thing with in game chat, is that it stutters as though the games going to freeze when completing a race and jumping back to the lobby  then carries on just fine and dandy. so you lose a second of anyone chatting in a game lobby between screens  but if  thats the cost of having this game fixed its a very small annoyance indeed. Thank to the team for fixing this addictive racer at least now it can be played with friends and online, without having that bloody game freeze lottery when entering a lobby. 

It does that on PC, always has, you get used to it and work around it as you know it is going to do it.

It isn't over yet....Beware Mini Cooper fans ... Has anyone been denied access to a lobby due to Download content?   I hope this is fixed but  I had some strange problems today....   Damn, I hope I am wrong...

No you are not wrong....MAJOR PROBLEMS with what you are saying.

i

Zebrawire said:

No you are not wrong....MAJOR PROBLEMS with what you are saying.

I am  glad someone realizes there are still problems.... Here we go go again , fix one problem , add a few more.....   Come on codies , admit the game is a mess , give it up and send us a refund on presentation of a receipt or fix the game.... Maybe you could just make the game all over again... This game had so much potential...  Sad, but it is just not fun to play and we have all tried to be patient and have some hope, but you have failed again and will no doubt lose more fan base and with that the end will be near for Codemasters...I really hope for the best and that a quick fix will be available but I doubt it......

@HotRodGramps‌ and @Zebrawire‌ please see this:

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/4904/cant-use-my-owned-cooper-in-racenet#latest

Hope it helps !

Thanks, I still don't understand as I was using a car that I just bought from the garage slot...the ADC Presteza-14 (Touring) Oh well.
I own a Mini JCW GP (not Challenge) but cant seem to find it when playing offline Custom Cup. It is in my garage though. What discipline is it please...Touring? Is there anyone that can use it in Custom Cup? I have tried Touring/ Classic Mini Cup and Mini Cup. It simply is not there. Classic Mini Cup has the Mini Miglia, and Mini Cup has the Mini JCWC. No Mini JCW GP.    Thanks.

Whiners gotta whine haven't they, some people are never happy!
   A fact is not whining and to have a game like this that should have and could have been one of the best racing games ever for the 360 , PS4 , and PC platforms have so many problems , and  patches adding more problems is just not a good thing . I suppose commenting on no mirrors on a race car or a pit stop for the basics is whining  also .
 I happen to really like this game for what it is suppose to be , but it is not.... If you can accept the bugs and long waits for fixes I commend your patience and support of  gaming BS... Not a whine, just a fact....This company needs help and an attitude adjustment....This is not meant to offend anyone or Codemasters but you can't deny the problems exist and a lot of people have spent hard earned money to enjoy it , not whine about it...

The game is fixed, and very playable. It's been frustrating at a different level for everyone concerned, enjoy it.

oldmodelt said:

Day 2.  So far so good Loore.  And thanks for being on the front lines and taking the arrows all the time.  Thinking of you....

http://youtu.be/sqjfq5gsfYk

One does not simply walk into...wait, no that's not right.

Glad to hear everything seems to be holding up :)