Jump to content Jump to content

Perfect Mount Panorama - Lola B12/80

Atticvs said:
if i would wanted respect from hardcore racers, i would buy a steering wheel and game without wallgate opportunities)
I, for one, agree with you. You are just doing everything possible to win, you are 'pushing the limits' as they say and that's nothing to be ashamed about, regardless of what others say. It's the game makers' fault that this is the fastest way around, not yours.

And, really, don't let other people's opinion bother you. If you don't agree with them, just shrug your shoulders. If they can only talk about that one corner, that's sad, but it is how it is. As far as I remember, I've already told you my opinion about the rest of the lap, so you do have one person's view about it. ;)
Well you can say that but tell it to the people who got the fastest lap correctly without 'wallgate' on the Intel Challenge where there were actual prizes up for grabs but lost out to those who used 'wallgate' and won the prize, some people have morals even if it means losing!!
Woo, that's gross. I mean from Codies - they should have clarified things first (at the very least, if not patching up the track altogether). This must have been an absolute mess, I wasn't aware of it.
Atticvs said:
Atticvs said:
if i would wanted respect from hardcore racers, i would buy a steering wheel and game without wallgate opportunities)
I, for one, agree with you. You are just doing everything possible to win, you are 'pushing the limits' as they say and that's nothing to be ashamed about, regardless of what others say. It's the game makers' fault that this is the fastest way around, not yours.

And, really, don't let other people's opinion bother you. If you don't agree with them, just shrug your shoulders. If they can only talk about that one corner, that's sad, but it is how it is. As far as I remember, I've already told you my opinion about the rest of the lap, so you do have one person's view about it. ;)
Well you can say that but tell it to the people who got the fastest lap correctly without 'wallgate' on the Intel Challenge where there were actual prizes up for grabs but lost out to those who used 'wallgate' and won the prize, some people have morals even if it means losing!!
Woo, that's gross. I mean from Codies - they should have clarified things first (at the very least, if not patching up the track altogether). This must have been an absolute mess, I wasn't aware of it.
Yes, it was an absolute Sh..storm but don't blame Codies, Intel had the final decision on the prizes I think, I really do feel for the people who thought they had done the right thing and I am sure if they had the chance again they would still do the right thing.
Atticvs said:
Atticvs said:

Yes, it was an absolute Sh..storm but don't blame Codies, Intel had the final decision on the prizes I think, I really do feel for the people who thought they had done the right thing and I am sure if they had the chance again they would still do the right thing.
Sorry, I meant clarifying what's allowed and what's not, i. e. that wallriding is okay to go for the Challenge.
"It may be a game and all that jazz but would you drive a real race car along a wall? No you wouldn't because it would be scrap so why do it in the virtual world."
I showed you video where i ride track without wallgate and was on second place. I knew about wallgate and specially recorded this, after i get first place using wallgate.
if you are so offended the fact of using wallgate, you're strange. So let's run around my window with plate of protest.

"it right that the winners bent the rules?"
yes.
Du7cH said:
i wanted be first in the list, some cheat at one turn for this, because otherwise is no way and anyway made good lap, but all look only at this shitty turn)
If you want any type of respect from any of the hard core racers you'll have do a clean lap without "wallgate" and drop it on the top spot, forget what others may or may not be doing and concentrate on your own race craft, just because you can get away with it doesn't mean you should.
But this brings up the point of why its possible in the first place and just brings me to despair, can't be a lot to ask for track limits to be limits and walls to cause at least some damage  

I'm nowhere near the top of any LB that I participate in.  But I have the satisfaction of knowing that I'm considered a clean racer by all.  You can always do the cheater lap away from the competion and then you wouldn't have any problems.  One of the things I liked about FM3/4.  Laps like that always placed below my slow, clean ones.
"It may be a game and all that jazz but would you drive a real race car along a wall? No you wouldn't because it would be scrap so why do it in the virtual world."
I showed you video where i ride track without wallgate and was on second place. I knew about wallgate and specially recorded this, after i get first place using wallgate.
if you are so offended the fact of using wallgate, you're strange. So let's run around my window with plate of protest.

"it right that the winners bent the rules?"
yes.
And as I said I stopped watching after 'wallgate', completely lost interest, just shows your morals then doesn't it if you agree to bending the rules, race clean or don't race at all!

I maybe strange but I have a clear conscience.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just-world_hypothesis

i had to post this link in the my first post and don't answer to any messages.
OK, you are so good this might fit you http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect
Okay, it's about me) But i don't say anything about me in general, apart from my mount panorama is perfect, and it really perfect for grid autosport because i'm first and i'm driving well 90% of the lap. I driving well 100% of the fucking lap without wallgate, i showed you this, but you say me only about my shitty wallgate, pier that no good, it is unconsciously, and i gave you link to wikipedia about this. So i think, that you just can't humiliate me. So, if you want it so much, just cheat in the name of justice and beat my record.

Or, for saving your virginity just record your best result at this lap without wallgate and upload it for me, and i try to beat it, justiceguy. And say me please, as far my text readable?
I will gladly race you in a custom cup, as I said I don't do the pissing challenge!

My original point that I was trying to make is that you name the thread 'Perfect Mount Panorama' and clearly show the first video of you using 'Wallgate' and justify this is as being perfect, then post a video of you doing it the correct way but it was actually slower, so by your own admission you say that because it is quicker to wall ride then that is the way to do it because you have exploited a glitch that honest racers would never have had looked for to go quicker.

I had no input on your driving skills but as you have addressed it yes you can drive very well which is why you do not need to use an exploit and let yourself down by doing it.

I will post my first attempt at it and that will be my time, then when you beat it you can come and race me in a lobby with our club and we will see how that goes, sound fair?
It's ironic how people are still whining about the wallride to win the prize when we still would've won without.

We even topped the Jarama leaderboard and there's no advantage you can take there. As it stands, neither SuperSic or I use the wallride in public lobbies. We never have and we never will.

I was actually one of the latest people to wallride because others had done it and I'm not going to risk the prize for that, especially when wallriding was permitted in GRID 2's Rockstar Challenge.

I don't condone cheating in public races against other people, but at the end of the day, this isn't a professional league game, this isn't a career, and this won't ruin my future. If someone's going to wallride and I'm going to potentially lose a thousand dollars because of it, I'm going to make sure I keep that spot.
I was always under the impression that there is no such thing as a "perfect lap". I have never had a "perfect lap" in any type of racing. Real-world or the digital one, there is always somewhere you left a bit of time out there on the track. That is what keeps me coming back is the search for that perfect lap. I know by now I will never get it. But, it sure is exciting trying to get it! 

I am lucky enough to have raced Karts that were set up so perfect to the conditions and track that it felt like it would drive itself and I was the one that was screwing the Kart up not the other way around. It is a great feeling going through a corner with minimal input on your part and knowing it was fast. But the flipside of that is thinking that you still left something out there on the track.

Therefore the only perfect lap in the digital world is a lap that A.I. can do by knowing exactly what is the absolute best time is possible to get around that track in that given car. At least that is my thought process anyways. I always wondered if game devs will look at the best possible time for a track & car. And giggle and say that guy at #1 is still about 5 tenths of the best possible time.
I was always under the impression that there is no such thing as a "perfect lap". I have never had a "perfect lap" in any type of racing. Real-world or the digital one, there is always somewhere you left a bit of time out there on the track. That is what keeps me coming back is the search for that perfect lap. I know by now I will never get it. But, it sure is exciting trying to get it! 

I am lucky enough to have raced Karts that were set up so perfect to the conditions and track that it felt like it would drive itself and I was the one that was screwing the Kart up not the other way around. It is a great feeling going through a corner with minimal input on your part and knowing it was fast. But the flipside of that is thinking that you still left something out there on the track.

Therefore the only perfect lap in the digital world is a lap that A.I. can do by knowing exactly what is the absolute best time is possible to get around that track in that given car. At least that is my thought process anyways. I always wondered if game devs will look at the best possible time for a track & car. And giggle and say that guy at #1 is still about 5 tenths of the best possible time.
If i will do terrible lap and say that i have thousand impacts, you will count it all and say something like a learn to count, dumb?
It's ironic how people are still whining about the wallride to win the prize when we still would've won without.

We even topped the Jarama leaderboard and there's no advantage you can take there. As it stands, neither SuperSic or I use the wallride in public lobbies. We never have and we never will.

I was actually one of the latest people to wallride because others had done it and I'm not going to risk the prize for that, especially when wallriding was permitted in GRID 2's Rockstar Challenge.

I don't condone cheating in public races against other people, but at the end of the day, this isn't a professional league game, this isn't a career, and this won't ruin my future. If someone's going to wallride and I'm going to potentially lose a thousand dollars because of it, I'm going to make sure I keep that spot.
i want some races with you, unlikely i will win, but i want to see how you ride)

i want some races with you, unlikely i will win, but i want to see how you ride)
Well you joined us, did you enjoy it?

Well you joined us, did you enjoy it?
Was cool, but i need a lot practice in touring)
I know what you are saying about the "perfect lap" I was just commenting on my thoughts of the quest for the "perfect lap". It is all cool, Ride the walls do whatever you want to do. If it is perfect for you then that is cool with me. It is a free world after all and we are only along for the ride!  :)
^ This. Time and time again my friends ask me why I'm still racing when I always beat the particular group I play with, and why I don't think the game is boring yet. Every race of mine is an attempt to beat my own records, to see if I can up the ante more than I already have. That's the fun of it for myself.

@alexandr3um http://steamcommunity.com/id/Amphydoodle/  Shoot me a request and I'll race whenever you want to.
It's pretty simple. There is a button to kick cheaters right in the lobby. If you want to allow it in yours great... If you want to drive to work rubbing your car on the guardrail thats fine too. You host your game your way and I'll kick you out of mine for cheating.
Atticvs said:

Atticvs said: