Sign in to follow this  

F1 2019 game engine.

Hi, 
After fev years F1 games with ego engine, which is not bad, but doesn't look like other top racing games i think we should get game with new engine. Would be nice to see such greate game with new, photo realism graphic. What do you think about it? If not in 2019, mayby 2020, with new generation consols.

Totaly agree, but that would mean that we should wait with a very light version of the game like the 2015.
And for me , to change my PC.

Not sure what games you have played but unless you have the very best hardware you can buy for PC most games are pretty much the same. The only real issue F1 has graphically is the bad FPS issue as they had in 2012s version. Other than that its more buggy, grainy or glitchy than poor graphically.
If you are more used to the airbrushing of arcade games such as Forza you won't get that in a simulation game, not even GT does that and they are far more about beautiful looks. Though as technology comes in leaps and bounds these consoles which have been out some time now are ever increasingly being cast as outdated. They have their limits. And I really don't see much difference in PS4 to PS4 Pro in F1 as some games do, not really sure they support the additional power? Or its too small to notice for me!
Every year the graphics improves though, you only need to go back to the previous version to see that difference. As for the engine I feel its the best there is at the moment. There isn't much competition out there for AI. GT are the closest to simulation and their AI are still very basic. Assetto and Project Cars have been improving well but they still lack the overall package.
There is always room for improvement and I do feel 2018 was rushed, the basic prepatch game for PS4 was pretty perfect for me and patching only caused issues but PC was riddled it seems, if its true what they are saying about taking another year off like they did with the basic 2015 game then expect a simple improvement for 2019 and a big leap in 2020. After all it payed off excellently for the epic 2016 release! Have to wait and see. Maybe instead of big performance improvements they will add more content for 2019.
As for the next consoles, its expected more 2021 than 2020. Though hearsay of Christmas 2019 is doing rounds I think that sounds more like a rush for timing, which rarely works out well for a complete package deal. I certainly hope its not a rush out job, rather have an amazing late console than and poor early one ;) 

What are you talking about? EGO engine is one of the best engines out there currently, being very light to run and has the possibility to look really good. Also aren't we quite close to photo realism anyways? For example https://youtu.be/Z3gwF4hZoQA
Also what top racing games? rFactor 2 which is great at calculating stuff, but is very hard to run (50fps, 6 cars, 1080p, low graphics | GTX 1050 Ti & i5 4460). Assetto Corsa doesn't look as beautiful as other people say it is and that game also runs worse than the F1 games.
A new engine wouldn't change anything, as the current engine is highly customizable anyways. I mean have you seen Operation Flashpoint games on the older EGO engine? They are FPS games, they run ridiculously well and have a huge map (Around 200km²!)
I guess you're one of those people who think a newer engine = better game when it just doesn't work like that... F1 2015 and DIRT 4 used EGO3, but were considered worse than the old EGO engine games (F1 2010-2014 and DIRT Rally)

Also another example | Toybox Turbos (Old EGO Engine) vs Micromachines (Unity)
Toybox Turbos is easily considered the better game by such a long shot and Micromachines World Series has so many framerate problems according to people who have played it.

well i want only a better antialiasing support, another games like grid, dirt and etc have aa, msaa, cmaa and anothers filters but f1 only have a worst filters ever maked

The EGO engine just needs to be reworked, not because of graphics but because of all the bugs coming from previous years that they literally don't know how to fix.

Given the time and effort needed to build a game and engine from scratch I doubt we'll see a new engine yet until we see the next gen consoles. Especially if the rumour of them not being far away is true