Sign in to follow this  

[Career] Can't select a rival

Question

I'm in season 3 of career mode and I moved from McLaren to Alfa at the end of season 2. I was in a rivalry with Bottas at the time, which didn't get finished as the season ended and I moved teams. Yet I now find myself, four races into season three, unable to select a new rival - see picture, it says thers are no available rivals. I'm fourth in the standings, so there should be plenty of rivals to choose from.

*I'm unable to upload my image for some reason, but the rivals screen just has my rivalry with Leclerc on the left and then "no available rivals" on the right with no button to even select one.*

PS4
v1.15
Career Mode

2 answers to this question

I get it switching teams too, used to be worse though, when you went through the rival list that was it, no more full stop. Last move I made I had to wait until the second race to choose, I was first in the standings and got only one choice, my ex teammate who was in 3rd. So looks like it could in part be random how fast you get something. Usually after winning the first rival in a new team I get a normal looking list again.

I think you have to wait till after the next contract negotiation. The game seems to like to assess where you are compared to everyone else.
So when you join a new team I think this resets so it can re-evaluate your position.
It tends to pick people around you in the driver standings.
For my first season the AI cocked up their strategies at Melbourne and I ended up winning with Williams. It took ages for me to drop enough in the standings to select a rival who I had a chance against.

I think you have to wait till after the next contract negotiation. The game seems to like to assess where you are compared to everyone else.
Ah right that would make sense. I'll check after this race and contract negotiation, thanks!