Sign in to follow this  

Thoughts on new functionality

I had some thoughts to incorporate into the game, yet, there are so many pressing issues as I believe my suggestions will never be implemented. 
1. Decision Tree Tuning Wizard. 
Have the engineers, engineer and the drivers, drive. Feedback about the car from the driver to the engineers to increase lap times, durability, and tire temps via setup changes. I feel we are playing both, and it lessens the importance of the communication within the team and increases the mystery of setups. This will further support driving style to influence setup. 
1b. Voice Commands 
On the Xbox, CM decided to continue a “sun-setting” technology, Kinetic. Regardless, and if there was a viable voice option, and to add to my point from above, it would be great to note setup data points while driving. For example, “Jeff, turn 9, experiencing oversteer.” This will be noted and included in setup changes. 
2. Setup Visual Graphic
What does the setup changes look in relation to the tire contact patch while changing the camber from 2.50 to 3.00? And So on with ride height, spring and etc...?? What are the potential dangers, or/and benefits associated with the changes? Lateral g improvements? Possible, Tire deg reduction? At my first suggestion, maybe the engineers can chime in with possible warnings, suggestions and etc... Further enhancing the relationship within the engineers. 
3. And my last point, and as everyone knows, Jeff is utterly useless. Instead of saying, “it’s important to keep the tires at optimal temperature,” why not say, “you are at 212 degrees, time to cool down the tires.” 
4. Telemetry Data
If it was possible to implement my suggestions, viewing the telemetry data with the engineers to point out driving improvements, braking points, turning inputs, rear tire slip and etc... Since the data is already being captured by my UDP Apps, why not implement this as a functionality to improve the emergence of the game? We can improve from real data.

My suggestions are to improve the emergence of the game, as I believe it lacks. There is so much potential with this game, as I believe the mystery of setups are left to TT Times, lack understanding feel and the importance of articulating possible improvements.

Food for thought, cm. If you want to get a hold of me, Frank knows me. 

Don't be surprised, some topics can be left unseen for days.

Regarding the Voice Recognition, there's no current alternative to that, especially on Xbox. Even on PC it currently uses "keyword" system, so it listens for words like "ahead", "behind", "weather" and so on. More advanced system... Don't know if it's possible yet.
I do agree on your setup point, engineer could work with us to find a setup instead of trying to figure out everything yourself.
On Jeff being "useless", it's not exactly that - all his phrases are prerecorded, so if you'd like very accurate temperatures you'd need a phrase for every single temperature, which would not only cost money and time but also would increase the game size quite significantly. I understand your intention, but I guess the current ones are good, although I guess some phrases like "our sensors show your tyres have reached 105 degrees and they're starting to overheat, try to cool down the tyres a bit" would be nice, slightly more informative.
And sorry, I can't comment on Telemetry, I think I'm okay that it is optional thing to have if you want it.

EDIT: LOL, a legit answer was flagged as Spam. Nice. Very nice indeed.

@ShelbyUSA I've been going on about some very similar ideas for awhile on here and haven't been noticed yet either...it can be very frustrating because you feel like you have all these great ideas that could improve the game and they don't care...but honestly I think there's only a couple CM employees that even look at this forum so they maybe miss some things if it doesn't get many responses...Really Lee Mather should be combing the forum and taking some of these good ideas people have, yourself included, and finding ways to implement them when possible...either via a patch or in next year's installment

mantazzo said:
Don't be surprised, some topics can be left unseen for days.

Regarding the Voice Recognition, there's no current alternative to that, especially on Xbox. Even on PC it currently uses "keyword" system, so it listens for words like "ahead", "behind", "weather" and so on. More advanced system... Don't know if it's possible yet.
I do agree on your setup point, engineer could work with us to find a setup instead of trying to figure out everything yourself.
On Jeff being "useless", it's not exactly that - all his phrases are prerecorded, so if you'd like very accurate temperatures you'd need a phrase for every single temperature, which would not only cost money and time but also would increase the game size quite significantly. I understand your intention, but I guess the current ones are good, although I guess some phrases like "our sensors show your tyres have reached 105 degrees and they're starting to overheat, try to cool down the tyres a bit" would be nice, slightly more informative.
And sorry, I can't comment on Telemetry, I think I'm okay that it is optional thing to have if you want it.

EDIT: LOL, a legit answer was flagged as Spam. Nice. Very nice indeed.
BluntRS is an idiot, don't mind him. Think of him as the Trump of the forum.

mantazzo said:
On Jeff being "useless", it's not exactly that - all his phrases are prerecorded, so if you'd like very accurate temperatures you'd need a phrase for every single temperature, which would not only cost money and time but also would increase the game size quite significantly.
Actually it shouldn't take that long as the game files have already stuff like ".1, .2, .3, .4, .5, .6, .7, .8, .9" and some whole numbers if I recall correctly. They just have to be reused and of course at least some new lines have to be recorded.

I have been playing around with some telemetry data that the game is spitting out and you are right. It can’t be that hard.