Sign in to follow this  

Cant Use my owned Cooper in Racenet

I own the Mini John Cooper Works Challenge and when I go to play this weeks Party Mode in Racenet (GAS) the only car available to use is a Mini JCWC loaner. Why doesn't my owned Mini JCWC  show up to use? Other cars I own show up to use in the Racenet Challenge.  Also I own a Mini JCWC GT, which my friend also has, and it is in my garage, but will not show up in the game.....Custom Cup, or any other mode. It is as it is discontinued or something.   ?????

Also since patch I am denied access to online racing, message saying "I don't have the Downloadable content", BUT I am using cars that are featured in the game that you can just buy by clicking on the empty garage slot, which allows purchase of the car with game credits. The one other player in the lobby (host) was using the same "game featured car" It would put me in the lobby, but could not join session. The host and I had our own private race using the same car. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

You can't use your own cars in the party mode challenges.  I guess that way it gives everyone a level playing field.

Re the access to online racing....  the downloadable content referred to relates to the extra content that you buy in the PS/Steam/Xbox stores and not the cars that you buy in-game via the garage slots.  For example, if your friend owns the Touring Car Legends pack and you don't you won't be able to join his session.  The best option is to select "No" to the "enable downloadable content" question when setting up the custom lobby (it asks this as soon as you hit Create Game" on the menu).  That way anyone can join regardless of the DLC they own.

Sorry I don't know why your Mini JCWC GT isn't showing for you but I'm sure someone else can answer that for you :)

You can't use your own cars in the party mode challenges.  I guess that way it gives everyone a level playing field.

Re the access to online racing....  the downloadable content referred to relates to the extra content that you buy in the PS/Steam/Xbox stores and not the cars that you buy in-game via the garage slots.  For example, if your friend owns the Touring Car Legends pack and you don't you won't be able to join his session.  The best option is to select "No" to the "enable downloadable content" question when setting up the custom lobby (it asks this as soon as you hit Create Game" on the menu).  That way anyone can join regardless of the DLC they own.

Sorry I don't know why your Mini JCWC GT isn't showing for you but I'm sure someone else can answer that for you :)
Thanks, but as I say, neither one of us were using DLC. (see excerpt  from OP below please)I will use the "NO option as you suggest.
Thanks for the info on "Party Mode"

Also since patch I am denied access to online racing, message saying "I don't have the Downloadable content", BUT I am using cars that are featured in the game that you can just buy by clicking on the empty garage slot, which allows purchase of the car with game credits. The one other player in the lobby (host) was using the same "game featured car" It would put me in the lobby, but could not join session. The host and I had our own private race using the same car.