Sign in to follow this  

Bonus for not restarting stages

Was thinking a lot about that. Rallies feel a lot more realistic online, since we can't restart. I think there should be an option to disable restarts in both Career and Custom Event modes. Maybe adding bonus $$$ on the prize, like the percentage we get for disabling external cameras on DR, among others.

Don't we already get bonus money for not using restarts in Career; up to like 10x before you lose all the bonus money?

I do think maybe instead of a cash prize, maybe allow the user to set a time penalty for restarts that are just added as a flat penalty time to the final completed run. So this way when I have buddies over and we're all racing, maybe we can all agree to enable up to 3 restarts, but each one adds 10 seconds to your final time. So if you finish with a time of 2:50 on a sprint, but restarted twice in doing so, the final recorded time is 3:10

It should be an option, sure. Why not, this is what rallying is about after all, a test of endurance as much as anything else.

Don't we already get bonus money for not using restarts in Career; up to like 10x before you lose all the bonus money?

I do think maybe instead of a cash prize, maybe allow the user to set a time penalty for restarts that are just added as a flat penalty time to the final completed run. So this way when I have buddies over and we're all racing, maybe we can all agree to enable up to 3 restarts, but each one adds 10 seconds to your final time. So if you finish with a time of 2:50 on a sprint, but restarted twice in doing so, the final recorded time is 3:10
Yep, we have to pay for the first 5 restarts when in career mode, with increasing values according to current difficulty. But I like the idea of time penalties too. It'd make local play much more challenging and diverse.

I lean more to the side of "give us an option of no restarts". Much easier for me not to play a card if it's not even in my hand to begin with. Obviously I could simply "not restart" but especially when I crash during a critical moment it's pretty much muscle memory to pause and restart. I do much better with titles that enable an option to get rid of it all together.

• Agree 1

I agree with having an option that does not allow restarts, and a higher reward for that option. I want this game to be as true to life as possible.