Sign in to follow this  

My public apology.

dirt3joe said:
Fortunately, I haven't been playing GAS for quite some time so was oblivious of these problems.
However, after many years of being around this community I have always tried to keep things balanced, criticism and praise when due.

I've played many racing/driving games (my most recent heavy indulgence being, The Crew), and have still not found any game with better [for me] driving physics than Grid 1 and GAS, imo.
I'm not into criticising racing games across forums other than to give a brief comment about them.
 Forget The Crew as a "racing" game (I bought it for TDU type "cruising") although many have bought it mistakenly thinking that it is.
The Crew, like just about every other game out there these days, has a mountain of stuff to patch . . .and where so many think of it as TDU3 it very much comes across as another NFS game also.

So CM have had their problems ? . .tell me of a company which hasn't ? . .but at the end of the day we'll keep coming back because no other game drives like a CM game . . .when they get it right.
Probably a bit OT but ...

I have been trying to find other racing games that I like the handling of, but I really struggle. Of the CM games I don't like the handling on Dirt so much (although its not terrible). Dirt2, Dirt3, Grid, GA, F12012, F12013 all have fine handling for me. Grid 2 I skipped, so am in no position to criticise.

For the WRC series the handling is merely OK, ditto GT6. Both of these games I don't find as rewarding as the CM ones.

The one I really struggle with is need for speed. I picked up Rivals recently because it was on offer and many have said it was a good game. But the handling on it really doesn't work for me. I can't figure out whether this is because I am so accustomed to CM handling that now this is the only handling I like, or whether its because the CM handling is truly better than others.

I think it's the former. Prior to GAS, I wasn't much into new racing titles so I've grown extremely accustomed to GP4's handling, which I played the most. (Aside from that I mostly played classics briefly, such as GPL and NR2003.) So, at first, despite being heralded as a simcade (a fairly realistic, but easy to pick up game) I struggled at first. But step by step, I found my way around.

(Judging by some lap times, I'm still not that great, but at least I'm comfortable now.)

That's good of you saying sorry. But you had the right to be mad at cm. we all spn good money on a game and it was broken since day 1. And all we got was headaches for it and just few million in game credits. I think that wasn't good enough. She'd gave a free dlc or something. 

PGR4  hit the nail on the head.  1 patch needed.  To fix 1 glitch with the Audi RS4
Weather, mirrors, cars n bikes,  Simcade handling.    

All that was needed was a PGR5,  
Never thought I'd agree with you, but holy hell. PGR was my favorite racing series and I'm disappointed that it never gets put into much racing discussion.

I too love PGR4.  Picked it up for $2.00 in 12/13.  The more I play it the more I love it.  Takes me back to my GT4/TT days.  Both cars and bikes.  No tuning or painting, tons of tracks (forward and reverse) and weather conditions galore.  I'd love to run some with anyone here.

I'd have to pick up the game again, as well as a new Live subscription. Maybe when I get a new job it'll happen, as I miss that game dearly.

I'd have to pick up the game again, as well as a new Live subscription. Maybe when I get a new job it'll happen, as I miss that game dearly.
imho one of the best racing games ever made... the true rank leaderboards, team champs/events and nordeschleife in the RT12 :)

It's 7 years old now... I believe the rank matches are dead but there are still people playing it online in custom races.

You should treat yourself for christmas !

imho one of the best racing games ever made... the true rank leaderboards, team champs/events and nordeschleife in the RT12 :)

It's 7 years old now... I believe the rank matches are dead but there are still people playing it online in custom races.

The ring in reverse in the weather elements and on a bike.  Sweet.  I'll do that tonite.

Tark9m said:
Hopefully that means your negative and redundant posts will stop too.

Could I ask you, what exactly you think your comments like this bring,  other than negativity? 

Are you baiting me for an argument? 

Are you expecting me to explode with a reply full of swearing and anger? 

I can only hope your trolling and negative posts towards me, stop,  as they serve no purpose other than trolling. 

Have a good Christmas, and a great new year, friend. :smile: 

Better yet, I wish people would jump on XBConnect or something and game up on PGR2. That's my favorite racing game of all time.

As for the RT12, though, I was never a RUF fan. Class B would be either the Jaguar XJ220S or the Ferrari GTO Evoluzione. Both beautiful cars, fun to drive and tough to master.

I'll grab the game eventually, and when I do, we should gather a group and have some jam sessions. I need PGR back in my life.

Better yet, I wish people would jump on XBConnect or something and game up on PGR2. That's my favorite racing game of all time.

As for the RT12, though, I was never a RUF fan. Class B would be either the Jaguar XJ220S or the Ferrari GTO Evoluzione. Both beautiful cars, fun to drive and tough to master.

I'll grab the game eventually, and when I do, we should gather a group and have some jam sessions. I need PGR back in my life.

Which game are you going to grab?  PGR2 or PGR4.  Because I will have to buy the 2 version.

C class - Turbine superbike  was one of my favourites,  along with the D class,  Merc CLK-DTM AMG
B class dodge viper was amazing through the turns.  GTO evo ferrari had a power station for an engine.....Awesome car. 

Team championship was the most fun for me on that game.   And the global/daily tournaments.

dirt3joe said:
Fortunately, I haven't been playing GAS for quite some time so was oblivious of these problems.
However, after many years of being around this community I have always tried to keep things balanced, criticism and praise when due.

I've played many racing/driving games (my most recent heavy indulgence being, The Crew), and have still not found any game with better [for me] driving physics than Grid 1 and GAS, imo.
I'm not into criticising racing games across forums other than to give a brief comment about them.
 Forget The Crew as a "racing" game (I bought it for TDU type "cruising") although many have bought it mistakenly thinking that it is.
The Crew, like just about every other game out there these days, has a mountain of stuff to patch . . .and where so many think of it as TDU3 it very much comes across as another NFS game also.

So CM have had their problems ? . .tell me of a company which hasn't ? . .but at the end of the day we'll keep coming back because no other game drives like a CM game . . .when they get it right.
Probably a bit OT but ...

I have been trying to find other racing games that I like the handling of, but I really struggle. Of the CM games I don't like the handling on Dirt so much (although its not terrible). Dirt2, Dirt3, Grid, GA, F12012, F12013 all have fine handling for me. Grid 2 I skipped, so am in no position to criticise.

For the WRC series the handling is merely OK, ditto GT6. Both of these games I don't find as rewarding as the CM ones.

The one I really struggle with is need for speed. I picked up Rivals recently because it was on offer and many have said it was a good game. But the handling on it really doesn't work for me. I can't figure out whether this is because I am so accustomed to CM handling that now this is the only handling I like, or whether its because the CM handling is truly better than others.
Agreed apart from the generally over aggressive AI and dodgy handling on F1 2013 I pretty much like all of CM's games.

C class - Turbine superbike  was one of my favourites,  along with the D class,  Merc CLK-DTM AMG
B class dodge viper was amazing through the turns.  GTO evo ferrari had a power station for an engine.....Awesome car. 

Team championship was the most fun for me on that game.   And the global/daily tournaments.

Was playing PGR4 last nite again.  I especially enjoy the bikes.  Yes, they are very arcadey, but it opens up the game for double the fun.  Throw in the weather and with the 3 different difficulty levels you can run career forever.  Because I got to the game late (last Dec 2013) I never had the chance to do the team Championships.  But Bulldog is fun with the ability to run all the streets in a certain city.  I wish I could just explore on my own.  But you need 2 players.