Sign in to follow this  

My public apology.

This apology is for you @Loore and the rest of Codemasters. I have just played about 1 and a half hours on the Everything Online Playlist and have had no problems whatsoever. The reason I feel compelled to apologize is because I thought for sure that GAS on the Xbox was not going to be fixed. Even though we were told it was going to be fixed. I did not believe it.

You all (CM) could have just thrown up your hands and said "Nothing can be done to fix it!" And just left it at that. But, no you fixed it like you said you would and for that I say thank you. I would gladly buy you all a round. Here's to you all for following through on your promises. 

Fair play to @Fostbitten, takes a man to apologise, especially after the grief CM and @Loore got over the issue.

Some people really can't forgive and forget though can they! 

Also most games can be bought for less than 50% of their new price 6 months later so your point is invalid, next time just buy a game 6 months after release and have comfort you didn't pay full price and the patches will have been done.

I have found with age that some things you just need to let go of because there are far bigger things in this world to worry about, if you let the little things go you can deal with the more important things more efficiently but then some people like to carry bitterness and anger with them.

Don't take your anger through life with you or you will end up bitter, twisted and lonely!

@RWBSUPERCHARGER‌ What in the blue hell are you talking about? My point is invalid?

Also if you are thinking I am still mad about you accusing me of being a cheater. No I am not mad at you, hell I even forgot about it. And I had to stop to think what you are even going on about. Stop flattering yourself I forgot about it a while back. Obviously you didn't, and for that you have my apology too. 

Chalk that up to a lesson learned for me. The next time someone calls me a cheat, after I did not cheat I should apologize right away so as not to upset the accuser. Never to old learn something I guess.

@RWBSUPERCHARGER‌ What in the blue hell are you talking about? My point is invalid?

Also if you are thinking I am still mad about you accusing me of being a cheater. No I am not mad at you, hell I even forgot about it. And I had to stop to think what you are even going on about. Stop flattering yourself I forgot about it a while back. Obviously you didn't, and for that you have my apology too. 

Chalk that up to a lesson learned for me. The next time someone calls me a cheat, after I did not cheat I should apologize right away so as not to upset the accuser. Never to old learn something I guess.
@Fostbitten, that wasn't responding to you, there was a post before that has been edited, it was in response to someone else.

Im wouldnt consider apologising, infact its CM who should be apologising, not a paying customer of a broken product, thats now fixed 5 months later.  

No one should have to wait untill 5-6 months later for the product to work.  

If that is the case, then the game should be delayed for 6 months, then they could release a working game, that players wont get fed up with, due to game breaking issues. 

Im happy the game is fixed,  but I still feel, its taken too long, and it should never have happened in the first place. 

I also dont feel codemasters really are sorry about it.   The pitiful gesture of in-game cash as an apology is just an insult.  

I think they are just happy all the complaining and "trolling" has finished.   As the game is now playable. 

Will I buy CM's first xbox One title???? I very much doubt it.   They just dont seem to learn from the mistakes.  

Where is the FREE DLC?   The players still here, put up with some serious crap,  I expect some serious FREE DLC for my troubles.   

Why should anyone be a CM customer in the future? 

Im wouldnt consider apologising, infact its CM who should be apologising, not a paying customer of a broken product, thats now fixed 5 months later.  

No one should have to wait untill 5-6 months later for the product to work.  

If that is the case, then the game should be delayed for 6 months, then they could release a working game, that players wont get fed up with, due to game breaking issues. 

Im happy the game is fixed,  but I still feel, its taken too long, and it should never have happened in the first place. 

I also dont feel codemasters really are sorry about it.   The pitiful gesture of in-game cash as an apology is just an insult.  

I think they are just happy all the complaining and "trolling" has finished.   As the game is now playable. 

Will I buy CM's first xbox One title???? I very much doubt it.   They just dont seem to learn from the mistakes.  

Where is the FREE DLC?   The players still here, put up with some serious crap,  I expect some serious FREE DLC for my troubles.   

Why should anyone be a CM customer in the future? 
      DITTO !

Why would anyone apologize to CM for all the aggravation that is 100% their fault? Geesh!

That's like finding a wallet and returning it to the owner and think you have done something special. That is just normal. Nothing special about being honest, and nothing special about CM fixing all the headaches. It's CM that need to be doing the apologizing!

kimdurose said:
Yayyyyyy well done. Pity there's nobody left playing it.

I know it was written tongue in cheek fashion.  I'm still here and will play it for a while.

I will say thank you to them for fixing the game....

BUT, I wont apologize for complaining about the broken game that was sold to us and not fixed for 5 months, Not a chance of it!

I'm wondering where their public apology is, if there is one? 500k ingame cash is not a apology, its more of a "if you buy this game you get a extra start up bonus of 500k"......Its a incentive for people to buy their game, a bonus for new players, the core players who have stuck around dont need the 500k and it does nothing to compensate the hassle they went though for months, they were loyal to CM and this is how CM repays their loyalty?

Not good enough!

Maybe my apology was misunderstood. I only apologized for not believing @Loore & the rest of CM would not fix the freezing problem. And just leave us hanging. That is why I have been M.I.A. on this board for more than a month. I just gave up hope that the freezing would be fixed. I would scan through the posts every once in a while to see if there was a patch yet. And just kept reading that soon there was a fix coming again & again. Like I said above I got to the point where I did not believe it. 

And some of you know I was here from day one actually 3 days prior to release in the U.K. I bought the game on Tuesday morning. So I was here for the corruptions and the other problems. So yeah I am still a little bitter when I looked at some players stats and knew that my level would have been right there with theirs if I had not had 3 data corruptions. And those corruptions came after level 60. But, then again I just stopped playing after the freezing glitch started happening as well. So yeah that contributed to my level not being higher too. I am still at level 131 so who knows where I would have been had it not been for the 3 corruptions & freezing.

The higher level guys I had noticed were not names I recoginzed so most likely they came in after the corruptions. As well as some of the commentors here. So let me clarify my apology again. My apology is to CM for thinking they did not care about fixing the freezing problem. But, as @Loore promised the problem was fixed. It may have taken longer to fix it than what most people (including me) would have liked to have seen but, it was fixed as they said it would be. Again cheers to you CM for fixing as you said you would. 

And to put things in perspective (in my mind) it is a game not a Takata airbag. All seems to be right in world of GAS and for that I am happy and a bit rusty in gameplay. 

I still dont think you should be apologising for thinking they were not going to fix it.  

Lots of us thought that.   Its still broken!!  LOL

Disconnects from lobbies, but not so often that Im on here moaning.  
Upgrades dont work. 

Dont worry about it CM.   Its playable.  Now.  

Just leave it.  
Just give us all the DLC for free. 

Now you may start on your next title.  (what do you mean you've finished your next title?)

There are a few players on the Xbox, who are waiting for their FREE DLC..........................What a surpirse its gone quiet in CM office. 

@Loore - Where is the compensation?  Will 500,000 help me buy your next game?  LMAO
JOKEMASTERS

Well for the time being XBL is down. If it is hackers that are responsible for the outage, they should be made to pay us for the downtime (in my dreams & in a perfect world). And M$ should pay us for the outage too (again in my perfect world). Although if my math is correct that comes down to like 32 cents (U.S.) for two days. So screw it. I will go do something else.

I for one applaud you Frostbitten, we are all pretty good at complaining, but seldom do we give a tip of the hat when Codies get something right. 

Fortunately, I haven't been playing GAS for quite some time so was oblivious of these problems.
However, after many years of being around this community I have always tried to keep things balanced, criticism and praise when due.

I've played many racing/driving games (my most recent heavy indulgence being, The Crew), and have still not found any game with better [for me] driving physics than Grid 1 and GAS, imo.
I'm not into criticising racing games across forums other than to give a brief comment about them.
 Forget The Crew as a "racing" game (I bought it for TDU type "cruising") although many have bought it mistakenly thinking that it is.
The Crew, like just about every other game out there these days, has a mountain of stuff to patch . . .and where so many think of it as TDU3 it very much comes across as another NFS game also.

So CM have had their problems ? . .tell me of a company which hasn't ? . .but at the end of the day we'll keep coming back because no other game drives like a CM game . . .when they get it right.

PGR4  hit the nail on the head.  1 patch needed.  To fix 1 glitch with the Audi RS4
Weather, mirrors, cars n bikes,  Simcade handling.    

All that was needed was a PGR5,  

But Microsoft put an end to it.  

I suppose that created a gap in the market.  

Codemasters could get it perfect.   GAS is almost there.  But the upgrades still dont work, and probably never will do. 
All they need to do, is take a bit more time, to polish the game, before its released.  Every game seems like its rushed these days,  It needs to stop.   Just like the money coming out of my bank for broken games has stopped. 

PGR4  hit the nail on the head.  1 patch needed.  To fix 1 glitch with the Audi RS4
Weather, mirrors, cars n bikes,  Simcade handling.    

All that was needed was a PGR5,  
Never thought I'd agree with you, but holy hell. PGR was my favorite racing series and I'm disappointed that it never gets put into much racing discussion.

Fortunately, I haven't been playing GAS for quite some time so was oblivious of these problems.
However, after many years of being around this community I have always tried to keep things balanced, criticism and praise when due.

I've played many racing/driving games (my most recent heavy indulgence being, The Crew), and have still not found any game with better [for me] driving physics than Grid 1 and GAS, imo.
I'm not into criticising racing games across forums other than to give a brief comment about them.
 Forget The Crew as a "racing" game (I bought it for TDU type "cruising") although many have bought it mistakenly thinking that it is.
The Crew, like just about every other game out there these days, has a mountain of stuff to patch . . .and where so many think of it as TDU3 it very much comes across as another NFS game also.

So CM have had their problems ? . .tell me of a company which hasn't ? . .but at the end of the day we'll keep coming back because no other game drives like a CM game . . .when they get it right.
Probably a bit OT but ...

I have been trying to find other racing games that I like the handling of, but I really struggle. Of the CM games I don't like the handling on Dirt so much (although its not terrible). Dirt2, Dirt3, Grid, GA, F12012, F12013 all have fine handling for me. Grid 2 I skipped, so am in no position to criticise.

For the WRC series the handling is merely OK, ditto GT6. Both of these games I don't find as rewarding as the CM ones.

The one I really struggle with is need for speed. I picked up Rivals recently because it was on offer and many have said it was a good game. But the handling on it really doesn't work for me. I can't figure out whether this is because I am so accustomed to CM handling that now this is the only handling I like, or whether its because the CM handling is truly better than others.