Sign in to follow this  

No answer about grid starting problem ?

Avprodigy said:
Just did a check on the Gear Shift blips on Grid Starts in Duel Mode vs any other mode.
Noticeable blips on shifts on Grid Starts in Duel Mode at the following intervals:
1st to 2nd at 90  Kmh
2nd to 3rd at 142 Kmh
3rd to 4th at 189 Kmh
4th to 5th at 216 Kmh
5th to 6th at 234 Kmh

On average the blips seem to stall acceleration by almost 1.5 to 2 tenths.

Compared in quali or sprint in duel mode. Didn't get down to 90Kmh but the blips were definitely not as long or loud at 142, 189, 216 or 234 Kmh. Did multiple Grid starts in single player mode and no significant blips at the same speeds when shifting. In fact the momentary stall in acceleration amounts to maybe a slight vibration of the speedometer vs. the 0.2 stall in duel mode. 

A Kia shifts faster than 2 tenths!!

Again i sincerely hope this helps identify the fix. I think it has been almost a month now.

Thanks so much for this data and feedback :) 

Yep, this issue with Grid Start obviously wasn't intentional and caught us by surprise as much as you guys. I personally flagged it with our team once the feedback began about Grid Starts and we've all been working hard to identify a solution. Proving to be a tricky one. 

Update 3 is just around the corner and we'll be making technical improvements within that. We're hoping to identify the source of the Grid Start issue and include it in U3. :) 
Thanks for the reply, but there is absolutely no point in releasing the update if you don't address the huge pain points people are pointing out!!

When is U3 planed and is there info what is coming in it? Any A.I. improvement in long fast turns?
Also 4 consecutive races events dont count properly...it gives victory to 10 victories event but not 4 consecutive...with grid start racces and this you can barely collect 4 in a row

Solving the grid start is proving to be tricky? How about you try this. Go back to the coding before you screwed everything up and overwrite the code that is now making the game unplayable and use the old working code? Seems logical to me.

Best possible grid start is not to achieve a perfect start but to be a little late. Too quick is as bad as perfect, but a little slow gives better acceleration.