Jump to content Jump to content

Thought the PC players among you would like to know that we plan on releasing a high resolution texture pack. Due to the size of the files it doesn't quite fit on the disk so we're going to offering it up as a free download from launch day.

It's a 5gb download but will boost the car textures up to 4k resolution. 

Some more info over on PCGamesN

“We have little dashboard reflections. In head cam you can see reflections on the windscreen, something we'd never be able to afford to do on consoles without breaking our fps performance limit. In the past we wouldn't have done features like that but now we're thinking we can do it on PC. Better lighting and things like that. Little bits in lots of places.”

Nice read.

Q: what has happened since G2, that changed Codies' minds about PC?  And having 4K effects really is more important than  user feedback features ?

And since you can do more for PC why not introduce some more features like text chat or spectate mode?

Of course, from PR' POV it's good to put GAS logo next to 4k one :)

Nice read.

Q: what has happened since G2, that changed Codies' minds about PC?  And having 4K effects really is more important than  user feedback features ?

And since you can do more for PC why not introduce some more features like text chat or spectate mode?

Of course, from PR' POV it's good to put GAS logo next to 4k one :)

My guess, (and its not a dig of any kind at CM - I'm sure we really appreciate the returned attention) is that the 4k texture assets are linked in some way to development for the new consoles, and that they decided to use them on the PC too.  I may be way off, but then again I don't see that they expect to sell any more PC copies than last time, apart from a general increase on all formats because of getting it right this time.

I think there's a 'chance' we'll get text chat (as indicated by Loore), but I doubt the same for spectator mode.  Possibly one too many assets for the console version to handle(?).  So its not going to be worth doing solely for the PC.

maskus said:
What are the GPU requirements for this then? D: 2gb VRAM is not enough eh?
Minimum:
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.4Ghz or AMD Athlon X2 5400+
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: Intel HD3000 or AMD HD2000 Series or NVIDIA Geforce 8000 Series Series
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 15 GB available space
Sound Card: Direct X compatible soundcard
Additional Notes: Supported Graphics Cards •Intel HD3000 Series, HD4000 Series, HD5000 Series • AMD Radeon HD2000 Series, HD3000 Series, HD4000 Series, HD5000 Series, HD6000 Series, HD7000 Series, R7 Series, R9 Series • nVidia GeForce 8000 Series, 9000 Series, GTX200 Series, GTX400 Series, GTX500 Series, GTX600 Series, GTX700 Series • AMD Fusion A8 or higher

Recommended:
OS: Windows Vista 64 bit, Windows 7 64 bit or Windows 8 64 bit
Processor: Intel Core i7 or AMD FX Series
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: Intel HD5200 or AMD HD7000 Series or Nvidia GTX600 Series minimum 1GB RAM
Hard Drive: 20 GB available space
Loore said:
maskus said:
What are the GPU requirements for this then? D: 2gb VRAM is not enough eh?
Minimum:
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.4Ghz or AMD Athlon X2 5400+
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: Intel HD3000 or AMD HD2000 Series or NVIDIA Geforce 8000 Series Series
Hard Drive: 15 GB available space
Additional Notes: Supported Graphics Cards •Intel HD3000 Series, HD4000 Series, HD5000 Series • AMD Radeon HD2000 Series, HD3000 Series, HD4000 Series, HD5000 Series, HD6000 Series, HD7000 Series, R7 Series, R9 Series • nVidia GeForce 8000 Series, 9000 Series, GTX200 Series, GTX400 Series, GTX500 Series, GTX600 Series, GTX700 Series • AMD Fusion A8 or higher

Recommended:
OS: Windows Vista 64 bit, Windows 7 64 bit or Windows 8 64 bit
Processor: Intel Core i7 or AMD FX Series
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: Intel HD5200 or AMD HD7000 Series or Nvidia GTX600 Series minimum 1GB RAM
Hard Drive: 20 GB available space
good to know my machine is powerful enough then if these specs are accurate anyway