Sign in to follow this  

dirt rally 2.0 E-sport - general idea

My modest idea is about three points : 
1- players qualifying and cars selection.
2- stages designed specially for E-sports rally season .( no one can play it or try it, like wrc system)
3- the pace notes 

————————————————————-
Point (1) : 
- we have 4 cars until now in R5 class, so the qualifying event will qualify 16 players each 4 players will envolve in one car in one team .

Point (2) : 
- we have 6 rally locations , so I suggest that the specially made stages to be about 120km to 180km in total distance .
the players cannot try the stages they can just test the ground before the rally competition.

Point (3) : 
The players will see a video of each stage before the rally competition , the video will include the pace notes instructions to take a General perception about the pace notes and the stage .

So.. Any thoughts about that ?

stcooza said:
Point (2) : 
- we have 6 rally locations , so I suggest that the specially made stages to be about 120km to 180km in total distance .
the players cannot try the stages they can just test the ground before the rally competition.
I don't think a lot of you guys understand the complexity that goes into making a stage... You're asking for more custom KM's than we currently have now for just the eSports scene. Done between all of the other stuff midseason with DLC. You're asking them to make 4x more locations than we are getting for a season of DLC. This just isn't possible - at all. I know what you're aiming for and the reasoning behind it, but the current system just cannot support this.

The only way it would have ever been possible is if each location was designed to have half a dozen junctions that each stage can hit. From there you just generate different ways through each junction to keep people on their toes. You can know that a junction will either lead to a Left 5, a Right 4, or an Acute Left down - but until you hear the call you can't really prep for it perfectly. That is about the only way they can approach the "drivers shouldn't know the stage" eSport scene. 

stcooza said:
Point (2) : 
I don't think a lot of you guys understand the complexity that goes into making a stage... You're asking for more custom KM's than we currently have now for just the eSports scene. Done between all of the other stuff midseason with DLC. You're asking them to make 4x more locations than we are getting for a season of DLC. This just isn't possible - at all. I know what you're aiming for and the reasoning behind it, but the current system just cannot support this.

The only way it would have ever been possible is if each location was designed to have half a dozen junctions that each stage can hit. From there you just generate different ways through each junction to keep people on their toes. You can know that a junction will either lead to a Left 5, a Right 4, or an Acute Left down - but until you hear the call you can't really prep for it perfectly. That is about the only way they can approach the "drivers shouldn't know the stage" eSport scene. 
Well.. I understand now that’s complicated , for real there’s a lot of details in the stage they did brilliant job with it , actually you lighted me up to two thoughts:

1- for example rally Argentina they can made 16 stages , 10 for the game , 6 for esports scene , after the rally finish they can return it to the game .

2 - for example rally argentina they can made 16 stages all of it for the game and when esports comes  they can just take 6 stages “reverse” , with this they just have to add the pace notes .

stcooza said:
stcooza said:
Point (2) : 

Well.. I understand now that’s complicated , for real there’s a lot of details in the stage they did brilliant job with it , actually you lighted me up to two thoughts:

1- for example rally Argentina they can made 16 stages , 10 for the game , 6 for esports scene , after the rally finish they can return it to the game .

2 - for example rally argentina they can made 16 stages all of it for the game and when esports comes  they can just take 6 stages “reverse” , with this they just have to add the pace notes .
The issue lies more in the 16 stages themselves to be honest... 

carpa said:
stcooza said:
stcooza said:
Point (2) : 

The issue lies more in the 16 stages themselves to be honest... 
What about to add 8 stages in total 
4 of it (7 KM in distance each stage )
 and the other 4 (3 KM in distance each stage )
 40 km in total distance.

each rally location will take 2 stages
(1 long ,1 sprint) + ”reverse”  = 4 stages
in the following division:

1-New Zealand            ( 4 stages )
2-Argentina                  ( 4 stages )         
3-Spain                        
( 4 stages )
4-Poland                      
( 4 stages )

that’s will be more than enough , at the same time not impossible , and these KM’s added are not wasted , it’s will cover a full official esports rally season. 

Theres no need to run totally new stages. That's not how it works in WRC either, more experient drivers have run the WRC stages more than others but that doesn't mean they could be faster all the time. That's part of the game.

Not to mention all that investment can be put into other rallies and cars being added into the game.

AIPacino said:
Theres no need to run totally new stages. That's not how it works in WRC either, more experient drivers have run the WRC stages more than others but that doesn't mean they could be faster all the time. That's part of the game.
That’s slightly right , WRC drivers got an experience from running the WRC stages year after year, not anytime like the game , that’s the difference and that’s why there’s a need of new stages specialized for e-sport rally season also no need to run new stages every year , it can be managed by storage it and rotation it every year .

So the point is not just create a new stages every season like if there’s a two stages for one rally location in season 2019 , next season can take one stage from the past season and the other stage can be Customized and so on until the codies have a good amount of stages they can rotate it however they want.

All of that need a professional drivers so it will be an opportunity for drivers and teams to have their own careers and can be a serious business like f1 esports series.

That doesn't make sense. Then the circuits in F1 would have to be different every year, for everyone. Even if this idea was good in the paper, it's not do-able. Making stages takes a lot of time, and it doesn't really make sense making fictional stages that noone whos watching knows about. People want to see drivers racing in real stages that everyone knows about.
Otherwise then just drop the D4 Your Stage system in the esports and there you have it, random stages for everyone. That will kill the esports quite quickly because, like it has been seen in DWC, that's not what's going to slow down people that much.

I think you got me wrong i mean like f1 esports series with championship series and drivers careers not to change the circuit every year that doesn’t make sense.

D4 your stage not good idea there’s no stage in the world which the same corners repeated to driver so many time at the same stage also the driver can remember all the corners in the rally location that kind of useless and will kill esports as you say.

I don’t think it’s will make a difference if the stages fictional or real the important thing is the stages should be different of each other to test the drivers abilities making them throw there cars on the corners depending on the pace notes that’s what people want to watch a real show even so not bad to get real stages to esports. like I said it will be difficult in the beginning but after couple of years they can just rotate the stages .

@stcooza I think you're missing the entire counter-argument.

It just isn't possible to create that many stages each season.

Just flat out, it cannot be done. The $$$ cost to develop the content would be insane. The time crunch would be astronomical trying to fit literally an entire game's worth of content into each season. The devs would be looking at 80 hour weeks for the entire year trying to support that model. It just isn't feasible. I could see the argument for maybe introducing a single new Long stage with two new Sprint stages from it (6 stages total including their reverse) as the final event in the esports season.

That is about the best you can get. What you are asking for is just not possible, and it doesn't even happen in real life. Local racers or vets who've been to an event in years past have advance knowledge on the stage. They just do. Maybe some small parts will be changed between events, but certain stages will always be the exact same. The local drivers will know the stage better than the foreign ones. That is the nature of racing. 

CatBadders said:

It just isn't possible to create that many stages each season.

I think there’s a miss understanding I cause it and sorry about it sometimes I use the translator to understand your comments guys and sometimes i become out of words so I will appreciate if you guys be patience with me .. so 

I never asked for create many stages each season.

Creating stages every season is not the point and had no meaning , like creating stages for season 1 and after it’s finish throwing it in the wastebasket and creating other stages for season 2 just to make drivers ''don’t know the stages '' that is completely pointless and meaningless hysterically, so the point is creating bunch of stages just at the beginning I can’t specific it how much because it’s depends on the possibilities but i will hit an example from dirt rally 2 locations ( all numbers for example) , so first of all Create stages to begin:

1)- Argentina : stage1 , stage2 , stage3 

2)- Poland : stage1 , stage2 , stage3     

3)- New zealand : stage1 , stage2 , stage3

4)- Spain : stage1 , stage2 , stage3

season 1:
1)- Argentina :     stage1 , reverse 
                             stage2 , reverse 

2)- Poland :          stage1 , reverse 
                             stage2 , reverse

3)- New zealand : stage1 , reverse
                              stage2 , reverse

4)- Spain :             stage1 , reverse
                              stage2 , reverse

2)- Poland :           stage2 , reverse 
                              stage3 , reverse

3)- New zealand : stage2 , reverse 
                              stage3 , reverse

4)- Spain :             stage2 , reverse 
                              stage3 , reverse

2)- Poland :          stage1 , reverse 
                             stage3 , reverse

3)- New zealand : stage1 , reverse 
                              stage3 , reverse

4)- Spain :             stage1 , reverse 
                              stage3 , reverse

And season ( 4 ) like season ( 1 ) and 5 like 2 and 6 like 3 and so on , and here we go 6 seasons or more using the same stages , so the drivers after 3 seasons had run the stages twice 6 seasons had run it 4 times that what is called an experience not allow to run it any time , it doesn’t even happen in real life . The racers cannot run the stages anytime cause it’s actual road no one can experience it out of the competition that’s what I aiming to , getting the experience from the competitions itselfs.