Sign in to follow this  

amazing game

wot... just wot?
just played a grid start, and my opponent somehow dnfed on the first corner
throughout the whole race im just getting greener and greener on the gap, so i decided to take a leisurely stroll around the lap to boost safety rating
i cross the line, i LOST THE DUEL??????
can someone please

just how
does this
even 
happen

how
is 
this
even

thing
?
?
?
?
?
?

Loving this game. Just started but the game is tough but fair. Codies have done it again.

Rabone said:
Loving this game. Just started but the game is tough but fair. Codies have done it again.
You work for Codemasters correct?

Rabone said:
To write a review-a little look at the screenshots, you must first download the game and play))

The AI in this game ruins what could otherwise be a great experience. They careen off curves, come back sideways, crash into you and run you off the track constantly no matter how much you have the race line. Also, they swerve back and forth over the whole track. Completely useless because of it.... 

Yeah I’ve given up on having a safety rating of over 2.0 because it’s almost every race I get hit and loose points

Yeah I’ve given up on having a safety rating of over 2.0 because it’s almost every race I get hit and loose points
The way I see it is, what does it matter what your SR is?  We see the other drivers SR just before racing and there is nothing we can do about it.  Do I get an option to say no I don't want to drive against this person? Do I get preference because I have a SR above 4?  Do I get a choice of who I want to drive against?  No, I don't so, introducing the SR hasn't actually changed anything as far as I can see.

For me the major game problems at the moment are the grid start issues (should i say disaster) and the absolute craziness of the bot drivers.  Just had a race and 7 of the bots tried to take me out, some 'subtlety' but the others were intentionally aiming for me.  Its getting silly now

I totally fuck on safety rating, because of the bug at the start, I lose 2 seconds and I need to restore them at any cost, stupid bots kill you at every turn, in the ass safety rating

The AI is the biggest joke of this game. The amount of times I got DNF because of bots just swerving around and just blocking the racing line in front of you in 90 degrees is just ridiculous. Why the hell did they decide that AI that makes such mistakes is good I can not even fandom. This is not a game where you have precise steering input, which makes missing stupid AI most of the times impossible.
I hate duels when it is not Qualifying, because 8/10 times - I know AI will just destroy either my race, or the opponents. 
On the other hand - the latency (since the topic is about that) is also incredibly bad. For some reason half of the Qualifying races do not start on equal terms, because both cars accelerate and slow down multiple times before starting, which leads to one car always having a better start, while another car gets the "GO" when it was slowed down by the game, meaning at the end of the first straight it is already behind by around a second.
Game has potential, but god damn Codemasters do not test their games for quality assurance.

Edit: The safety rating is worthless. It has no input to the duel system and since AI acts very unpredictably - there is no point of trying to drive around the AI, since they will always destroy you or park their car on the apex while joining back the track in a 90 degree angle. I managed to get my safety rating from "1,x" to "4,x" just to see it drop again below "2" only because of driving into AI that are acting unpredictably without the chance to avoid it.

These assholess take advantage of the fact that we love Formula 1 and use it, they don’t make shit, they create bugs and laugh at us. If someone had created the same game for F1, they would have lost all players a long time ago.

Dimon111 said:
These assholess take advantage of the fact that we love Formula 1 and use it, they don’t make ****, they create bugs and laugh at us. If someone had created the same game for F1, they would have lost all players a long time ago.
Well I'm glad to tell you that Codies are not the only developers with the F1 license... We'll see eventually when those other games come out.

Dear Codemasters,

In some (most) races does a signal go between all the AI bots to tell them to switch to 'BAS**RD mode'?  Because they are coming at me with obvious intention.  Sometimes it seems they have decided that one way or another I will not win a particular race.  This can't be by accident.

Yours

A PI**ED off customer

PS: You owe me A LOT of points