Sign in to follow this  

F1 2018 PC jeff doesnt answers me

Question

when i give jeff a comand he didnt answer and when he answer he answers not my command why is this so i have this problem since F1 2016 and its anoying

i Play usual on german because im from Germany now i changed the language on english and it works but why

10 answers to this question

Junkrat12 said:
when i give jeff a comand he didnt answer and when he answer he answers not my command why is this so i have this problem since F1 2016 and its anoying

i Play usual on german because im from Germany now i changed the language on english and it works but why

Make like Seb and talk in the engineer's language. Jeff is a plum, so; realism = 100%  o:)

yes i could but i dont get it why it dosent work in german everthing is installed but it wont work

Voice recognition probably only works in english...I’m assuming it would take a lot more time and money for Codies to program all the voice commands in all the different languages than they are willing to invest in it...I could be wrong of course as I only speak English and haven’t tried using voice commands in a different language.

well my friend is playing this game in german too and the german recognition works Pretty good he said to me

Junkrat12 said:
well my friend is playing this game in german too and the german recognition works Pretty good he said to me
Backup the game, uninstall and restore. The Kinect runtimes are probably corrupt, there's one for each supported language.

i already did but sadly it doesnt worked

So my recommendations would be:
Check if your microphone is actually working (you know, basic check if it actually catches sound)
Use actual phrases shown for recognition (usually it detects from keywords, but saying actual phrase also helps a bit)
Try to speak clearly and pretty loud (voice recognition can be a little bit "broken" sometimes, as in it will not properly "read" phrases sometimes)
In the Main Menu when you laucnh the game it should mention "Voice Control" at the bottom left corner, it should say something like "working" or "not supported" if it's installed and working.
If it doesn't say like that, you will need to reinstall the recognition files - navigate to the folder where your game is installed, you should find a folder named "installers" - open it, and install EVERYTHING you find there (should be x64SpeechRuntimePlatform and then languages). The amount of setups to install will differ from language to language.

It's strange that if you play the game in English it works, but if you play in German it doesn't... Is your Windows main language German, by any means? If it's not, try using that - might help, who knows.

i will try it out btw when i have the game set to english there is like you say "your voice Control will be decreased" but the speak recognition works without any issues but when ist set to german then there is Nothing like" voce Control is working or not working" and the recognition dont work

Interesting... Do let us know if trying to reinstall the recogniton files helped.
Again, is your Windows 7 (or 8.1 or 10, doesn't matter) language is English or German?
- If it's English, try re-installing those files mentioned and running the game;
- If it doesn't work you should try changing the default Windows language to German (as in, install the language pack for German if needed) and THEN trying the game.
If it doesn't work still, I have no clue what could be happening, sorry.

hello guys i tried to reinstall the recognition but it doesnt workt and my windows 10 is set to german