Grid Start in F1 Mobile

Why does my car fail to move off the line in EVERY grid start even when PERFECT starts are achieved? Seems to be a problem several players are having and is getting to the point that I simply exit the game and don’t bother with the grid starts because my car ends up at least .8 of second off the pace at the end of a short straight. In one race, on a long straight start, I achieved a perfect start and my opponent finished the straight in 1st and I ended up in 11th without a single incident. Still managed to set a lap record in that race too and still lose by 7 seconds.
Maybe you can give me a refund on the money I’ve spent on the game since you’re failing to provide a fair game!
Explain the problem and fix it.

Yep, my problem exactly. At the end of straights i am 10th to last with every single bot that can’t drive infront of me. And they love to spin and crash...

Hey there - we're seeing that some players are experiencing this at the beginning of Grid Start races. We've been investigating this and as soon as we identify a solution, we'll be bringing this to the game ASAP! 

It's not only the start.
On Gridstarts I don't have any chance on straights ...
It doesn't matter if AI or the person I'm driving against ... Everyone is way more faster on straights than I.

Driving a GP2 Engine on a Grid Start ...^^

The lack of competitiveness speed-wise is ridiculous. As is the way a Ferrari (usually) with nothing but clear space around it will, if you are approaching it, will suddenly spin sideways blocking the track.
  • Agree 1

After the major update a few days ago, I'm still having the same issue. It is impossible to win a grid start duel. The car feels so slow and incompatible that right after the race starts I quit the duel. Please fix this issue as soon as possible. 

I foolishly thought an "official" car might improve my chances. A new Mercedes and it's still the slowest car in any grid start. Why do I think giving Codemasters my money will help me win?

• Agree 2

Yep, it seems like overall lose of performance. Even if I get a much better and faster exit out of turns, I am sitting duck on straights. Everybody just fly by... But I feel like I am sliding in corners more than I do in other race types.

• Agree 1

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 12:15 PM, Zyklo said:

Yep, it seems like overall lose of performance. Even if I get a much better and faster exit out of turns, I am sitting duck on straights. Everybody just fly by... But I feel like I am sliding in corners more than I do in other race types.

Hey, thanks for your thoughts on this 🙂 in terms of lack of performance/straight-line speed, this is something we've been tracking closely over the last couple of days, as a couple of players have mentioned it. If it's definitely a game-side factor that's making races unfair for players, we'll look into ways to address this and make all players' cars balanced and competitive - all based on their car's performance level, of course. Cheers! 

3 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hey, thanks for your thoughts on this 🙂 in terms of lack of performance/straight-line speed, this is something we've been tracking closely over the last couple of days, as a couple of players have mentioned it. If it's definitely a game-side factor that's making races unfair for players, we'll look into ways to address this and make all players' cars balanced and competitive - all based on their car's performance level, of course. Cheers! 

Hi Chris

Honestly, I really do appreciate the fact that someone from Codemasters has actually taken the time to reply, so thank you.  However....

You said all this stuff on other threads about the grid start issue, that's still a complete mess, my car is still braking right before the GO in qualifying and sprint races, the other drivers isnt.  The AI's are still mental who are there to intentionally take you out of the race most of the time.

So, please explain to us, why we should believe you when you say 'we'll look into ways to address this...'?

1 hour ago, TH61 said:

Hi Chris

Honestly, I really do appreciate the fact that someone from Codemasters has actually taken the time to reply, so thank you.  However....

You said all this stuff on other threads about the grid start issue, that's still a complete mess, my car is still braking right before the GO in qualifying and sprint races, the other drivers isnt.  The AI's are still mental who are there to intentionally take you out of the race most of the time.

So, please explain to us, why we should believe you when you say 'we'll look into ways to address this...'?

Hello again. Some issues can be immediately fixed; some are near-impossible to fix; some can appear fixed then pop up again - whilst we investigate and try to rectify everything raised by players, it's not quite that simple. The process is often a complex one, but we do all we can to help players and communicate that to them. 

The issues you're mentioning suck and serve no benefit to anyone, so we have every reason to address them and no reason to ignore them. We want players to have a fair and enjoyable experience every time they play F1 Mobile Racing, and are working around the clock to ensure this is the case. 🙂 

3 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hello again. Some issues can be immediately fixed; some are near-impossible to fix; some can appear fixed then pop up again - whilst we investigate and try to rectify everything raised by players, it's not quite that simple. The process is often a complex one, but we do all we can to help players and communicate that to them. 

The issues you're mentioning suck and serve no benefit to anyone, so we have every reason to address them and no reason to ignore them. We want players to have a fair and enjoyable experience every time they play F1 Mobile Racing, and are working around the clock to ensure this is the case. 🙂 

@ChrisGrovesMCM while I appreciate your point of view, that players (customers) have the right to have a fair and enjoyable experience, I'm rather disappointed by some of the things you say.
Let me say that your QA process is far from acceptable. Resurfacing bugs mean that the developers team doesn't know the code they are working on, or they write patches without testing the collateral effects of the modifications. I'm a software engineer and even if I know that perfect software is not easy to achieve, I also know that some bugs are unacceptable. The grid bug with monster bots resurfaced yesterday is disappointing, because it is clear that it affects a lot of players and it could have been detected with better internal tests before the release. Why you don't get a slice of players and use them as beta tester to avoid to release patches like the latest one?

I don't think it is good for Codemaster to be associated to such low quality software.

Sorry for the maybe unpolite words but this are my 2 cents to the discussion

• Agree 1

or... this could means that they have to launch a diferent game, with a diferent code e call it F1 2019 mobile racing...

Grid starts still  unwinnable this morning.   I held back on several to observe the AI behavoir.  Some seem seem to have a bizzare  F1 version of roller derby blocker mode. Clearly designed behavior, not a bug.

Edited by StKnowhere
  • Agree 1

Giving up playing duels. Lost 1k points in 3 days. Just going to play events till they fix the bloody game... IF they ever fix it

• Agree 2

On 2/15/2019 at 5:05 PM, elimmel said:

Giving up playing duels. Lost 1k points in 3 days. Just going to play events till they fix the bloody game... IF they ever fix it

I agree with elimmel , in 3 days i also lost nearly 1200 points

On 1/9/2019 at 6:10 PM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hey there - we're seeing that some players are experiencing this at the beginning of Grid Start races. We've been investigating this and as soon as we identify a solution, we'll be bringing this to the game ASAP! 

Actually you say this sentence so many times, so i think you are also the Bot! Everything is ****** up in this game so you need to make a huge complex solution ASAP! 

• Like 1

It would help to restore players trophy points to what they were before the latest problems were released.

I am facing the same issue too after the latest updated. Could you please believe that I am 100% lost at grid start and always at the last place. How could this happened. Also, it’s not fair with us with fair play and even paid for the game. How would you compensate with us?

7E217003-E6F1-4651-B125-46B709BC61D5.png

On 2/15/2019 at 4:11 AM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

I'd be interested to hear which issues can be fixed immediately and if so, why are they not being fixed immediately. Secondly, it would ease the frustrations of all players to know which issues are near-impossible to fix. We could then make informed decisions about whether we choose to spend more money on a game that you admit has an inbuilt fatal flaw. Just saying the process is complex suggests that you are all scrambling to find answers and that like Brexit, you are frankly out of ideas, despite working around the clock.

Hi I have exact same issue with grid starts always at the backfoot despite perfect starts. Lost 1k in duels in week. What is going on???

Hi there - whilst tracking this topic of Grid Starts, we've seen that the slow starts that players are experiencing is also related to the recent tweak in AI balancing. The AI speed since this tweak has become too fast for some players, meaning their launch from a Grid Start is negatively affected. Apologies for this - after reporting it, an addition to the game that will better balance the AI speed with players' speed is coming to the game imminently, possibly as early as today. 🙂 

3 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hi there - whilst tracking this topic of Grid Starts, we've seen that the slow starts that players are experiencing is also related to the recent tweak in AI balancing. The AI speed since this tweak has become too fast for some players, meaning their launch from a Grid Start is negatively affected. Apologies for this - after reporting it, an addition to the game that will better balance the AI speed with players' speed is coming to the game imminently, possibly as early as today. 🙂 

I don’t have a problem with starts anymore, just the performance is not there and i am a sitting duck. The worst thing is that I started today with grid start in Abu Dhabi, Baku and then...another grid start.

5 minutes ago, StKnowhere said:

The overly aggressive AI was my biggest frustration so hope to see that addressed soon.

I hate grid races A.I, its really insane, its just futile to race with them, its seems they just want to take you down, if this happen in real life racing, the driver would be died by accident or crash between car

LOL