Grid Start in F1 Mobile

4 hours ago, Stepen said:

I hate grid races A.I, its really insane, its just futile to race with them, its seems they just want to take you down, if this happen in real life racing, the driver would be died by accident or crash between car

LOL

With no chamce to win, it's fun seeing how many AI you can punt off track - get them before they get me :classic_ninja: 

It can be done without having a "collision."

7 minutes ago, StKnowhere said:

With no chamce to win, it's fun seeing how many AI you can punt off track - get them before they get me :classic_ninja: 

It can be done without having a "collision."

Its crush gear race not grid start race...

Remember when overtaking them, do not push brake while turning LOL, do not slowdown your speed or they will hit you from behind

9 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hi there - whilst tracking this topic of Grid Starts, we've seen that the slow starts that players are experiencing is also related to the recent tweak in AI balancing. The AI speed since this tweak has become too fast for some players, meaning their launch from a Grid Start is negatively affected. Apologies for this - after reporting it, an addition to the game that will better balance the AI speed with players' speed is coming to the game imminently, possibly as early as today. 🙂 

So Chris tells us AI speed "has become too fast for some players"... Is he suggesting, again! that some of us don't have this problem, that it's a problem only affecting a few. Additionally, he has made no referral to the deranged behaviour of the AI cars. So are we to expect an update that has us competitive with AI, but will see us in the midst of their chaotic and aggressive driving? 

3 minutes ago, Stepen said:

Its crush gear race not grid start race...

Remember when overtaking them, do not push brake while turning LOL, do not slowdown your speed or they will hit you from behind

There was an incident in turn 3 at the end of the Daytona 500 yesterday due to LI (lack of intelligence) that reminded me a lot of racing the bots... :classic_wacko:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StKnowhere said:

There was an incident in turn 3 at the end of the Daytona 500 yesterday due to LI (lack of intelligence) that reminded me a lot of racing the bots... :classic_wacko:

They are bots...

Maybe the next fix is about 3 days when close to abu dhabi event, thats lame, i play this game everyday, now have to wait about 3 days

• Haha 1

This AI is still unfixed. Tried a qualifying in Bahrain and I was 7:07 seconds behind.

Do those of you who were playing when it was version 1 remember that the biggest worry of getting a perfect start from the grid was that you risked crashing into the car in front?

42 minutes ago, slayton said:

Do those of you who were playing when it was version 1 remember that the biggest worry of getting a perfect start from the grid was that you risked crashing into the car in front?

Yep, I would have been happy if they went back to the version before starting the GP.

I don't know what they were thinking making the game harder to win without fixing the "frustrating user experience" items.

I think they got caught in a coding black hole when they introduced the safety rating system. It must now be an interwoven element of game play that has had unintended consequences. I suspect they could remove safety ratings and we'd have the kind of racing that made version 1 enjoyable to play. Although their motives in making AI cars so insanely aggressive is baffling and has no correlation to real F1 racing. And this is supposed to be the "Official" F1 game. 

8 hours ago, MannSG said:

This AI is still unfixed. Tried a qualifying in Bahrain and I was 7:07 seconds behind.

Testing is currently being carried out for this change 🙂 once it's live for all players, I'll update everyone 

3 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Testing is currently being carried out for this change 🙂 once it's live for all players, I'll update everyone 

The tweak is now rolling out across all devices - it may take time to reach your device, but once you notice any kind of change with AI difficulty, please feel free to let us know your thoughts on the balance. It'll help massively with ensuring we get this right for all players. Thank you 🙂

Thanks Chris, is there a version number or time stamp viewable to know what version/configuration we have?

Is this it?

4A933B1F-B5EC-422A-ABA9-E37ECF4555B2.jpeg

Edited by StKnowhere

The AI difficulty topic is, of course, only part of the concern you guys are having with Grid Starts. We know that players are also reporting that their launch from the grid is regularly delayed, even if they nail a Perfect Start. 

It's something that's been around for a while and we apologise. The team have been doing all they can to find a solution but it's proved to be a really tricky one. It sucks.

There's a patch being finalised right now that'll either go live at the end of this week or the start of next week. It aims to address a number of player-reported concerns - including Grid Start. We think we've made good progress on this one, so keep an eye out for Grid Start improvements when the new patch arrives.

Of course, we'll let you know when the patch is live and, once it is, give us your thoughts on how Grid Start is feeling. 

Thanks all 🙂

No Chris it has not worked. Please read my post in "Straight Line Speed"

Just a potential improvement thought on grid starts - base the starting position on Trophy status or the players best time for that track, similar to the GP basing it on qualification times.

Edited by StKnowhere

3 minutes ago, StKnowhere said:

@Chrisgrovesmcm 

Just a potential improvement thought on grid starts - base the starting position on Trophy status or the players best time for that track, similar to the GP basing it on qualification times.

Nice idea, but if they can't stop their bots from acting like sharks in a feeding frenzy, something as sophisticated as this is still years away. And still, even if I was on pole, every other car gets a slingshot, rocket propelled start while I struggle to accelerate. So, still in 12th within 15 seconds. 

3 minutes ago, slayton said:

Nice idea, but if they can't stop their bots from acting like sharks in a feeding frenzy, something as sophisticated as this is still years away. And still, even if I was on pole, every other car gets a slingshot, rocket propelled start while I struggle to accelerate. So, still in 12th within 15 seconds. 

Agreed, It would need to be part of complete solution.

It was much better in the GP starting close to the front. 

2 minutes ago, StKnowhere said:

Agreed, It would need to be part of complete solution.

It was much better in the GP starting close to the front. 

And to be honest, they're not even close to a solution to any of the issues that are plaguing gameplay at present. So a complete solution seems unthinkable. If they could fix just one thing, I'd be happy just to be fast off the line in Grid Starts. 

AI still needs to be more "I" and less "A" because they are not intelligent. Take the first chicane at Monza. They are like frightened sheep trying to all get through a paddock gate at once. It's just a roadblock. Is it not possible to code something that says "if car A is in front of car B, car B shall fall in behind car A" Hell, I learnt that when I first drove a car. The instructor didn't say "just ram the ******* if he's in your way"

I am ready to concede defeat. F1 Mobile is not fun. I am however convinced that I am missing out on a world of challenging enjoyment and through being exposed to ads for Gardenscapes 30 times a day, this is going to be my new favourite game. Either that or the one with the creepy bald guy in red underpants who goes about clubbing people on the head. After all, I'm used to being clubbed on the head by Codemasters.

Yea, the NASCAR starts have no place in a F1 game.

Since they seem to seed the grid based on SR, shouldn't be that hard to move players closer to the front.

The graphics and tracks are amazing for a mobile game, I feel it is so close to being really good so I want to see them succeed. 

They seem closer today to what it was a few weeks ago, especially if you use the aids to mitigate the steering issue. I gained 500 trophy points today vs. loosing 2,000 the past two weeks, so some progress from my perspective.

The ad with the guy on the roof shooting people in the head is the most creepy for me, wish there was a "don't show me that anymore" button.

Edited by StKnowhere

13 hours ago, StKnowhere said:

Yea, the NASCAR starts have no place in a F1 game.

Since they seem to seed the grid based on SR, shouldn't be that hard to move players closer to the front.

The graphics and tracks are amazing for a mobile game, I feel it is so close to being really good so I want to see them succeed. 

They seem closer today to what it was a few weeks ago, especially if you use the aids to mitigate the steering issue. I gained 500 trophy points today vs. loosing 2,000 the past two weeks, so some progress from my perspective.

The ad with the guy on the roof shooting people in the head is the most creepy for me, wish there was a "don't show me that anymore" button.

At least someone is actively responding in these threads and giving us insight into just what's going on. It sounds like they're not even sure how to fix the AI. You're right in that they created a game that looks really good and does have some potential, however, they're really stuck in the mud at the moment. They have made a little progress recently. They seemed to have at least put the duels back to the way they were. The events are fun, but are being exploited by corner cutters.

• Agree 1

Hey all - the new patch for F1 Mobile Racing is now rolling out across all devices. Once you've installed it, keep an eye out for any changes to the Grid Start feel/procedure, as it's an area that our team have aimed to address.

Any feedback on the Grid Start, once you've got the patch installed, would be hugely appreciated. Thank you 🙂 

• Thanks 1