Grid Start in F1 Mobile

6 races after the new update. 6 straight grid races. 6 straight loses of which 3 DNF.

Have to be right at perfect to not have wheel spin. But any improvements for the start quickly negated by straight line speed of bots and still crazy bots. 

24 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hey all - the new patch for F1 Mobile Racing is now rolling out across all devices. Once you've installed it, keep an eye out for any changes to the Grid Start feel/procedure, as it's an area that our team have aimed to address.

Any feedback on the Grid Start, once you've got the patch installed, would be hugely appreciated. Thank you 🙂 

No improvement at all. AI is still crazy fast. Still dropping to 12th place by turn 1. Lost the last 4 grid starts by over 4 seconds. This is especially the case if your opponent is a bot. They'll shoot up to second place while the AI just rockets past you. Still seeing the same slingshot effect with the AI if you manage to block one of them. They'll drop back only to get a surge of speed. This patch doesn't seem to have fixed anything at all. I'm going to go back to abandoning the duels until the next patch comes. 

Using a Pixel 2 XL with no assists turned on.

yMuch better for me so far, won 2 out of 4 grid starts, all I think against real players (?).  

• One loss to better driver/car, the other due to bot incident.
  • One win against a player trying to take me out (he didn't ;-0 
  • Playability in qualifying & sprints still good.
  • Monaco seemed to have improved drivability (1 race)?

iPad pro, assists at medium. 1393 PI

Edited by StKnowhere

Is there a way to definitively know when the competitor is real or AI?

Had a couple of grid starts where they were 2 sec a sector faster and suspect it was an AI.

Would probably help to display the quality of the connection to the server again.

Also had a grid start at Germany where I jumped ahead to 3rd at the first turn which has never happened before.

Edited by StKnowhere
  • Confused 1

This is after the update. It's a total joke. You don't stand a chance on Bahrain. The AI doesn't seem to be as erratic, however, they're still 2-3 times faster than you. Also the collision system is now broken. It's way too sensitive.

Screenshot_20190221-143518.png

50 minutes ago, xdakota80x said:

This is after the update. It's a total joke. You don't stand a chance on Bahrain. The AI doesn't seem to be as erratic, however, they're still 2-3 times faster than you. Also the collision system is now broken. It's way too sensitive.

Screenshot_20190221-143518.png

Maybe their top speed reached above 400km/h

The A.I isnt spinning or blocking your way anymore, more calm but too fast

But when you try to overtake them, on the next straight line before cornering they will hit you from the behind cause their speed is too fast

Got 3 rows of grid races, immediately press setting button and quit.

Edited by Stepen

6 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Any feedback on the Grid Start, once you've got the patch installed, would be hugely appreciated. Thank you 🙂 

A few grid starts after the patch...

Zero progress, it's the same as pre-patch.
The collision system got worse indeed, way too sensitive. You get a punishment when the AI rams you from behind or from aside.

There's so much potential in this game, but it gets worse patch after patch. It's close to unplayable in it's current form. 😞

12th place again and again. How can you compete when basic F1 rules don't apply to other cars? I'm in front of a bot, a hard left corner approaches, of course I must choose the correct racing line and hit the apex to negotiate the bend. What happens every time would result in a driver being disqualified in a real race. The bot doesn't brake, it just forces itself in between me and the corner. To add insult, I am given a collision warning. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, slayton said:

12th place again and again. How can you compete when basic F1 rules don't apply to other cars? I'm in front of a bot, a hard left corner approaches, of course I must choose the correct racing line and hit the apex to negotiate the bend. What happens every time would result in a driver being disqualified in a real race. The bot doesn't brake, it just forces itself in between me and the corner. To add insult, I am given a collision warning. 

Agreed. They're coming up so fast behind you on the inside line that they'll run into you every time. And judging by the penalty system it's always your fault. Now with engine slowdowns!! @ChrisGrovesMCM these patches and updates keep setting the game back. The recent tweak seemed to fix the AI speed issue but this recent patch undid all of that. Are you guys not testing these before you push them out to the public?

39 minutes ago, xdakota80x said:

Agreed. They're coming up so fast behind you on the inside line that they'll run into you every time. And judging by the penalty system it's always your fault. Now with engine slowdowns!! @ChrisGrovesMCM these patches and updates keep setting the game back. The recent tweak seemed to fix the AI speed issue but this recent patch undid all of that. Are you guys not testing these before you push them out to the public?

This completely baffles me to the point of total frustration. They keep asking us if there is any improvement. Isn't there one single staff member who can log on and play and say "nah, it's still a load of rubbish".... I mean in all honesty, how can they work on this to the point of saying "I think this is good enough now to release it to our paying customers and I am sure they will be happy with the work we've done" I have zero confidence that they have a strategy for creating a playable competitive game. I'm starting to miss Real Racing 3 which I hated, but I hate this more.

2019 season starting soon too 😆 

feel we’re being patronised 

There's no more lag in a perfect start, but that's meaningless when you are still in last place within 20 seconds with no chance of catching up. And on the odd occasion when you do catch up (usually because of a multi car pileup) you can't touch another car or you get an engine penalty. And I'm increasingly being forced off track or into a wall by a bot resulting in a DNF. One problem solved, five more created. My trophies are taking another heavy hit.  I think it's time Formula 1 took this game away from Codemasters and gave it to Electronic Arts. Or to my nephew. He's only 8, but I think he could do a better job.

Edited by slayton

There's no more lag in a perfect start, but that's meaningless when you are still in last place within 20 seconds with no chance of catching up. And on the odd occasion when you do catch (usually because of a multi car pileup) up you can't touch another car or you get an engine penalty. One problem solved, five more created. I think it's time Formula 1 took this game away from Codemasters and gave it to Electronic Arts. Or to my nephew. He's only 8, but I think he could do a better job.

PS. Example: Sprint race at Spa. I'm in 5th on the last straight. The bot in front is holding me up and my opponent is closing in 6th. I have the speed to overtake, but as I get beside him he turns to the left and wipes me out. DNF, should have been a win.

Why have they inserted this behaviour into the game? It's cruel and unfair and unsportsmanlike and if it isn't resolved the game is going to fail and all those clever programmers are going to be looking for jobs and when they say "I was part of the F1 Mobile development team" I hope you are shown the door.

Qualifying in Mexico. Racing 11 cars, none transparent, spaced apart so it looks like you're racing a 22 wheeled car. No track visibility at all. Can't see a corner, can't see anything but a 50 metre long car.

Edited by slayton
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, slayton said:

I think it's time Formula 1 took this game away from Codemasters and gave it to Electronic Arts. Or to my nephew. He's only 8, but I think he could do a better job.

CodeMasters have nothing to do with this game's development. Didn't you see the logos when you start the game? "Developed by Eden Games, published by CodeMasters".
I think CM is only involved because they own F1 rights atm.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Xoloth said:

CodeMasters have nothing to do with this game's development. Didn't you see the logos when you start the game? "Developed by Eden Games, published by CodeMasters".
I think CM is only involved because they own F1 rights atm.

Oh well, then I'm sorry I seem to have offended you. I take it back. Codemasters are doing a great job as is Eden Games. Thank you for the bold type, that helped me to understand your point. Although being a bit stupid, it might have helped if you'd typed it in all caps too. 

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, slayton said:

Oh well, then I'm sorry I seem to have offended you. I take it back. Codemasters are doing a great job as is Eden Games. Thank you for the bold type, that helped me to understand your point. Although being a bit stupid, it might have helped if you'd typed it in all caps too. 

I'm glad I could help you.
Nobody told any of them doing a great job. You just bashed them for something that they are not responsible. You can criticize them over the PC games all day, you would be right.

6 minutes ago, Xoloth said:

I'm glad I could help you.
Nobody told any of them doing a great job. You just bashed them for something that they are not responsible. You can criticize them over the PC games all day, you would be right.

I'm quite comfortable bashing Codemasters. I've been doing it over the course of my near 50 posts as part of this group. Don't try and teach me who I should and shouldn't admonish when you just got here. Tell your Codemasters buddies they stink.

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, slayton said:

I'm quite comfortable bashing Codemasters. I've been doing it over the course of my near 50 posts as part of this group. Don't try and teach me who I should and shouldn't admonish when you just got here. Tell your Codemasters buddies they stink.

Yeah, you're right. I'm sorry that I corrected your mistake. I shouldn't done that because you have almost 50 post in this forum and I don't. Won't happen again. Please forgive me. /s

9 minutes ago, Xoloth said:

Yeah, you're right. I'm sorry that I corrected your mistake. I shouldn't done that because you have almost 50 post in this forum and I don't. Won't happen again. Please forgive me. /s

We're all here to vent our frustrations on a game we all want to love playing. Whether the responsibility lies with Eden Games or Codies, it's Codemasters name at the top of the forum. We all want to be heard and for this to be a great game. I'm invested in it being developed to the be the best it can be. Both emotionally and financially. Please understand my frustration is not aimed at you. I shouldn't unload on you just for pointing out a few facts, which I appreciate. I Googled Eden Games and now have a much better understanding of why we have such a serious problem. They're French!!! Mon Dieu!

Can I invest some amount of money to buy a car, how much it will help to improve the performance. 

Anyone help here to known about difference between standard car and customized car performance benefits

1 hour ago, Satheesh said:

Can I invest some amount of money to buy a car, how much it will help to improve the performance. 

Anyone help here to known about difference between standard car and customized car performance benefits

no!!! no diferences at all!!! don't spent you money!!!

1 hour ago, IIIDanteIII said:

no!!! no diferences at all!!! don't spent you money!!!

Yeah I wouldn't spend any real money on this game. Especially with it in the state that it's in. You'd be paying for a broken product.

3 minutes ago, xdakota80x said:

Yeah I wouldn't spend any real money on this game. Especially with it in the state that it's in. You'd be paying for a broken product.

Thanks, but in past two events I have finished with silver level, I saw some players are 3 or 4 sec ahead in qualifying as well in race. So how I improve my car performance.

When trying finish grid start race i always praying that those A.I will take down my opponent...