Field of View sliders for console players

... please. The too-wide field-of-view (for me) in the latest videos are a bit alarming.

YES!! FOV settings are ESSENTIAL for a sim. You have them on the PC version, so please include them in console versions of Dirt Rally 2.0. Many players, whether on PC or console, use a wheel when playing, and like to set a 1:1 fov to feel like they are actually inside the car. I was very disappointed this was not in the original Dirt Rally. 

If the reason there is no FOV slider on consoles is due to performance limitations, then there is also a solution for that:

As others have mentioned, the majority of us want to LOWER the default FOV to get it closer to a 1:1 on our rigs. This will in fact increase the performance, as less of the surroundings are being rendered on screen. Therefore the solution to this problem is, on consoles, to include a slider where the highest point is what it is defaulted at now (i believe its around 50 degrees vertical), and allow us to slide it down from there. 

• Agree 2

On February 23, 2019 at 5:54 AM, A-M-A-R-85 said:

If the reason there is no FOV slider on consoles is due to performance limitations, then there is also a solution for that:

As others have mentioned, the majority of us want to LOWER the default FOV to get it closer to a 1:1 on our rigs. This will in fact increase the performance, as less of the surroundings are being rendered on screen. Therefore the solution to this problem is, on consoles, to include a slider where the highest point is what it is defaulted at now (i believe its around 50 degrees vertical), and allow us to slide it down from there. 

This is a really good point. Nobody has ever changed FOV to make it wider anyway. 

• Like 1