Sign in to follow this  

Support for FANATEC Clubsport Steering Wheel F1 2018

Fanatec has recently released and started shipping their new ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2018. Codemasters also had in November a “raffle” of sorts for that wheel so you are clearly aware of it and working with Fanatec. 

Are you (Codemasters) planning on updating the supported wheels to maximise all the functionality on this wheel? If yes, any idea when?
Any / all feedback appreciated!

I hope so! I'm supposed to be getting mine on Monday and would really like to use it... especially because is supposed to be officially licensed for F1 2018

jrod22145 said:
I hope so! I'm supposed to be getting mine on Monday and would really like to use it... especially because is supposed to be officially licensed for F1 2018
I have mine since Dec 26. Nice piece of equipment but having to map all buttons... and that is a pain as it does not recognise all, specially the thumb / wheel dials. It also seems that you cannot simply use the same setting as the prior F1 rim. Eg my F1 rim is set to 320, new rim needs to be set at 350-370 degrees. 

Anyway...enjoy your wheel on Monday!

JC666 said:
jrod22145 said:
I have mine since Dec 26. Nice piece of equipment but having to map all buttons... and that is a pain as it does not recognise all, specially the thumb / wheel dials. It also seems that you cannot simply use the same setting as the prior F1 rim. Eg my F1 rim is set to 320, new rim needs to be set at 350-370 degrees. 

Kind of frustrating. I asume you are on pc. If even on pc not all buttons are recognised I fear for XB1 and PS4. Thomas (Fanatec) mentioned they are pushing Microsoft to get support on all the extra buttons sorted out but I’m not very hopeful. I do hope however the devs at CM can work out a way to get full support on all the available buttons on the new F1 rims.

JC666 said:
jrod22145 said:

Damn the rotary thumb dials were the feature I was most looking forward to!  Being able to adjust brake bias and diff settings per corner/sector...I guess I'll figure it out though...maybe after the new year Codies will work on adding support for the wheel

The rotary thumb dials are working (on PC) as four buttons.
I've set them to fuel and ECS management - really easy to use.
Actually all can be mapped, except the three rotaries in the middle,
but i have no use for them anyway. One of them can't be used in
games, becaus it selects one of four modes of the analog paddles.

Just spent the better part of the last 6 hours setting up the csl elite ps4 base, clubsport f1 2018 rim, and clubsport v3 pedals to find out the functionality of the rim on ps4 is horrendous and my gas pedal doesn’t register and I think the brake is only reading 50%...story of my life...gonna go at it again in the am...maybe I should have got a pc before I upgraded my wheel

jrod22145 said:
Just spent the better part of the last 6 hours setting up the csl elite ps4 base, clubsport f1 2018 rim, and clubsport v3 pedals to find out the functionality of the rim on ps4 is horrendous and my gas pedal doesn’t register and I think the brake is only reading 50%...story of my life...gonna go at it again in the am...maybe I should have got a pc before I upgraded my wheel
Mine works fine, did you make the firmware update? Do you have the "normal" or the special edition F1 Clubsport Rim? You have to set new max and lows on PC first.

I have the special edition...I got it working the next day by unselecting the manual calibration setting and just using the auto...the problem is that there’s no profile on the game so a lot of the main features of the wheel can’t be used...absolutely love the wheel and pedals though...still working on the brake pedal a little

Edit: All the firmware is updated and all the buttons and switches and stuff work in the Fanatec software on the computer it’s in the actual game and on the PS4 that they aren’t recognized or mappable 

jrod22145 said:
I have the special edition...I got it working the next day by unselecting the manual calibration setting and just using the auto...the problem is that there’s no profile on the game so a lot of the main features of the wheel can’t be used...absolutely love the wheel and pedals though...still working on the brake pedal a little

Edit: All the firmware is updated and all the buttons and switches and stuff work in the Fanatec software on the computer it’s in the actual game and on the PS4 that they aren’t recognized or mappable 
Which buttons aren't mappable? It's a know issue that you can't map the 12-way multi-position switches and the thump encoders.

I'm really hoping that Codemasters will make the rotary dials and thumb encoders mappable. Taking into consideration that FANATEC are the primary Sponsor for their eSport division. Also the Limited Edition F1 wheel in question is the "F1 2018" licensed wheel.  
What more do Codemasters need to be motivated to act on this ASAP?

Lippi1886 said:
jrod22145 said:

Which buttons aren't mappable? It's a know issue that you can't map the 12-way multi-position switches and the thump encoders.
Also the two switches and the left funky stick aka joystick 

jrod22145 said:
Lippi1886 said:
jrod22145 said:

Also the two switches and the left funky stick aka joystick 
Yes, you're right! I think we have to wait for F1 2019 for full support of this wheel...

I’m still holding out hope that since it wasn’t to be released until the 15th that around then they will release a patch for the wheel to make it usable in the game...it’s hard to say though b.c. Codies PR department doesn’t keep up informed at all

I'm postponing my buy till I'm certain there will be support on this wheel in 2019 on the Xbox. Fanatec is being mysterious about support from Microsoft telling they are working on it/or it's being looked into. My guess is we have to depend on support from the devs.

Unfortunately us PS4 users didn’t have much of a choice but to order the limited edition on Black Friday or be forced to buy the podium dd package that comes with the same wheel in blue but you can’t buy it by itself 

It would be good to just hear from Codemasters.... a simple "yes" we are looking to incorporate all buttons and dials in a future patch or "yes" it will have fully functionality in the new game F1 2019.
OR
"No" we have no plans on integrating an "OFFICIALLY LICENSED PRODUCT FOR OUR GAME"
That last option would suck but atleast we would know.
I guess it's just wishful thinking 

ZenRazo said:
It would be good to just hear from Codemasters.... a simple "yes" we are looking to incorporate all buttons and dials in a future patch or "yes" it will have fully functionality in the new game F1 2019.
OR
"No" we have no plans on integrating an "OFFICIALLY LICENSED PRODUCT FOR OUR GAME"
That’s the MOST frustrating part of dealing with Codemasters and buying/playing their games...they are literally more secretive than the real F1 teams...if that’s one of their strategies to make the game more immersive and realistic then Kudos to them because they hit that aspect out of the park...10/10 in my book...but seriously the last thing we’ve heard out of Codies was when patch 1.15 was released back on December 6th

jrod22145 said:
ZenRazo said:
OR
That’s the MOST frustrating part of dealing with Codemasters and buying/playing their games...they are literally more secretive than the real F1 teams...if that’s one of their strategies to make the game more immersive and realistic then Kudos to them because they hit that aspect out of the park...10/10 in my book...but seriously the last thing we’ve heard out of Codies was when patch 1.15 was released back on December 6th
You're not dealing with Codemasters. You are shouting into the void and hoping they'll see this. You would have an answer if you were actually "dealing" with them.

Codemasters is CIA

Here's what Fanatec just told me:

"Yes, this has to be done by CM. We output a new SDK which supports all these features. This goes to all devs but it is up to them implementing such features. It might be not that easy on PS4 to update the wheel SDK for a game which is already released. But only CM could give more details about that.
The MPS is a very special input which needs real support. It needs much more implementation than simple support. You need a single value within the game which can take 12 different states. That has not been in the game at all...as far as I know. But as always -> Hardware needs to be there first! Or you'll never get such new features."

I guess a full compatibility is more likely for F1 2019.

Awesome thanks for the update...at least now we know where we stand with things...even if everything worked but the MPS this year would be amazing...but we’re only probably six months out from F1 2019s release 

My rotary thumb buttons are working just fine; I use them for scrolling through ERS on one side, and Fuel mix on the other.