Sign in to follow this  

50 Days... Anyone else on the fence and have questions?

2 minutes ago, SirPhilMcKraken said:

The XBox One controller even has the vibration feedback triggers which is awesome at letting you feel the road better but its still not enough. Imagine trying to drive a real car with a controller....I kind of want to try that!

No matter how much I try I just can't get to grips with the triggers when playing realistic driving games: I have to reassign the accelerator and brakes to the buttons!

Just need to convince PSRXVW to fit a Polo with a PS4 controller and that World title is mine...

• Haha 1

Just jumping in on this convo as I get back into using the new forums :classic_happy:

I completed DiRT Rally entirely on controller with no assists, managed to get some good leaderboard times too so it's certainly possible to do well without a wheel :classic_smile:

When you've played a bunch of racing games without assists for a while it gets easier; just need to drive within your limits and start slow. For DiRT Rally I started in the FWD Mini for the first few days before building up the confidence for faster cars.

I would advise people to tweak their controller settings however and not necessarily run them stock. I typically try to remap the buttons to get close to what i use in Forza titles but the Advanced settings are where the real benefits lie; max out those deadzone settings to give your triggers as much travel room as possible. That'll help you when driving without ABS or in feathering the throttle.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, function9 said:

I just noticed, Deep Silver tweeting about DR2. Please tell me the same nonsense that happened with Metro Exodus isn't going to happen with DR2? #nosteamnobuy

https://twitter.com/deepsilver/status/1091321776162906114

They confirmed it will be on Steam many times.

By the way, Ann i the only one that remembers when Steam was ‘the big evil’?

• Like 2

Ok cool, just checking. From what I've read it seems like it was Deep Silver's doing striking the deal with Epic. And up until a few weeks ago it was supposed to be on steam.

No, you're not the only one. I still see it as a necessary evil as it's by far the most used on the PC. Aside from what I've read about other launchers/clients, I'm really particular about not installing a bunch of different programs to do the same thing. I'm not too much into conspiracy theories except for when it comes to software. 🕵️‍♂️ I just don't trust most other companies, not that I really trust Valve either, but I've been on Steam since HL2 was released.

PS. No tinfoil hat emoji? Pff.

11 minutes ago, Malyngo said:

I preordered, but I wouldn't do it again. The thing with all those random streamers that currently are popping up everywhere that got the game even one week before everyone else kinda ****** me off.

It's called marketing, this happens with literally every game ever. Send the code out to some well known streamers/YouTubers and they will play it. Some others though are retailers sending them out early, one streamer even said his friend who worked at a game store gave it to him.

Edited by SirPhilMcKraken