Sign in to follow this  

The Unofficial Inaugural Grid Autosport Celebrity ProAm Race Series - CANCELLED

Grid Autosport Celebrity ProAm Race Series

Unfortunately my work and RL schedule has drastically changed in the last few days. I will not be able to continue to run any of the series. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

SASBlink said:
Do you need recording capabilities for this? 

I would only need the recording if your race were suspect.  I know you and wouldn't question your times.  Unfortunately GAS doesn't allow the saving of runs like FM4 or for that matter GT4/TT that I used to run.  That's why I chose the tracks in TT.  Times show up and as a community we can probably spot the cheaters.

aah t, this reminds me of our Tourist Trophy days

i'll have a go

You're one of the reasons I still like to do this.  For all, RacerPaul65, DJ Baker, Viperin etc., taught me a lot with our old Tourist Trophy game on the PS2.  His videos are still on YouTube and one of my favorite runs of his is here. 

http://youtu.be/FMzHPuD36HQ?list=UUC3xPacqm3qC4Ln39bDI8pA

His thread the needle @ :29 is a thing of beauty.

@OldModelT - I don't know if you've seen/checked your private-message inbox here on the forum, but I sent you my lap time a couple nights ago.

Event 1: Time Trial - Street - McLaren F1 GT - Dubai Al Sufouh Strip

GamerTag: Operator1
System: Xbox 360
Lap Time: 01:45.797

Thanks for putting this little comp together. I used to really enjoy participating in friendly hot-lap competitions on the old Forza Motorsport 4 forums, so I was really glad to see you start this event.

I'm admittedly nowhere near as fast as the top competitive racers, but I try my best to drive clean & have fun.

I sure hope Grid AutoSport will actually continue to function properly enough to allow this comp to run its course. 
:D 

If it's allowed, I may try to improve my lap time before the deadline... keyword being "try," as I'm not sure I can squeeze any more out of it. 

Good luck to all participants. I hope to see more fair & amicable community-run activities like this. 

Operator1 said:

@OldModelT - I don't know if you've seen/checked your private-message inbox here on the forum, but I sent you my lap time a couple nights ago.

Event 1: Time Trial - Street - McLaren F1 GT - Dubai Al Sufouh Strip

GamerTag: Operator1
System: Xbox 360
Lap Time: 01:45.797

Thanks for putting this little comp together. I used to really enjoy participating in friendly hot-lap competitions on the old Forza Motorsport 4 forums, so I was really glad to see you start this event.

I'm admittedly nowhere near as fast as the top competitive racers, but I try my best to drive clean & have fun.

I sure hope Grid AutoSport will actually continue to function properly enough to allow this comp to run its course. 

If it's allowed, I may try to improve my lap time before the deadline... keyword being "try," as I'm not sure I can squeeze any more out of it. 

Good luck to all participants. I hope to see more fair & amicable community-run activities like this. 

Be sure to shoot your info over to my message area.  Just click on my avatar pic and leave it there.  That way I don't have to comb through all the posts looking for times.  It could get very cumbersome  and time consuming after a while.

oldmodelt said:
Be sure to shoot your info over to my message area.  Just click on my avatar pic and leave it there.  That way I don't have to comb through all the posts looking for times.  It could get very cumbersome  and time consuming after a while.

I already did, a couple nights ago. Is it not in your inbox already? Does the private-messaging feature on this forum work?

Operator1 said:

oldmodelt said:

I already did, a couple nights ago. Is it not in your inbox already? Does the private-messaging feature on this forum work?

Got it.  I was looking in the wrong place.  My GT is pretty accurate.  lol.

Question to all who are smarter than me.  In the Custom Cup (from the main menu), you are able to upgrade your car.  Does this make much of a difference from the Time Trial section?  I've run some test races and haven't seen much if any difference.  Is it just me?

And will probably go with the (hard) AI difficult in the races.  On medium during a 5 lapper even slow me was able to win most of the time. 

Opinions.  Please

Upgrades don't work. I've heard that running a custom lobby with upgrades on & tuning off makes them work, but I didn't see any difference then either. It shouldn't be a problem.

What's the top time so far , wanna see if I need to improve my lap or not

Nevermind I just read the rules again, you not opening the times until the deadline. ok :)

SASBlink said:

Nevermind I just read the rules again, you not opening the times until the deadline. ok :)

You are the top on the 360 so far.  I'm a ways away.  Any tuning help so I can get within 5 secs. lol

oldmodelt said:
SASBlink said:

You are the top on the 360 so far.  I'm a ways away.  Any tuning help so I can get within 5 secs. lol
Sure, When i get on tomorrow or later on tonght I will check the setup and post it here for you or anyone else who wants it. :)

@oldmodelt  

try this setup, its the one i used to get my time. :) I don't mind sharing setups, this is a bit of fun of course. :)

All assists off and racing bonnet cam, can see the corner apex better.
Brake bias, -80
Differential, --70
gear ratios, your choice. i left mine on 0
Height, -80
Suspension front, +60
Suspension back, +90

oldmodelt said:
aah t, this reminds me of our Tourist Trophy days

i'll have a go

You're one of the reasons I still like to do this.  For all, RacerPaul65, DJ Baker, Viperin etc., taught me a lot with our old Tourist Trophy game on the PS2.  His videos are still on YouTube and one of my favorite runs of his is here. 

http://youtu.be/FMzHPuD36HQ?list=UUC3xPacqm3qC4Ln39bDI8pA

His thread the needle @ :29 is a thing of beauty.

wow, 9 years ago that lap :)

I'm gonna give it a go tonight. Msg u my time, I'm on ps3 so shame I won't show up on same board as most u guys seem to be on 360. At least on street u can't really cheat with any cutting so it's agood first event, thanks for setting this up. I'm not aiming too high though but we'll see

I'm gonna give it a go tonight. Msg u my time, I'm on ps3 so shame I won't show up on same board as most u guys seem to be on 360. At least on street u can't really cheat with any cutting so it's agood first event, thanks for setting this up. I'm not aiming too high though but we'll see

Just have fun,  I gave up a long time ago trying to be the best.  I'm at a disadvantage age and skill wise.  I just enjoy racing games.  I hate getting tea bagged by 13yr olds in the FPS games.

Come on ps3 guys I'm top on the board for this. 1,45,298.
I've seen faster during a race. I messaged op my time. I know it can be done much faster.
 What are Xbox guy getting now? I need a new benchmark