Missed opportunity

I think this game is amazing, but I also think this game is such a missed opportunity 

Until this game was free on Ps+, I didn't know it existed. At all. Now that might not be a massive issue for many but I frequent a lot of gaming news websites and subscribe to a monthly gaming magazine. For it to not even be on my radar is just a massive missed opportunity. 

I have so much fun on this game. Its great stress relief and for a driving based game ia actually quite relaxing (I get quite into other driving sims so find them less relaxing). I honestly think, even though it is a bit rough around the edges with network issues and sometimes odd collision detection, this is a bloody fantastic game. Unfortunately, because nobody knows about it, the main part of it which is the online part will only have a very short lifespan and I doubt we will ever see a similat game again. 

Let me just say again how much I like this game. I even find graphically, with dynamic wrather, day/night and the sheer number of effects/vehicles going on at once, I have never had any slowdown. So technically it seems like a very solid game too. 

Another point is that due to the lack of knowledge of the game for many people .there doesn't seem to be any sort of community which would be crucial for this game. 

Tldr: amazing game, shame nobody knows about it. 

I agree. I have a big 55' TV mounted on the wall in the living room and have been standing up to play after a long days work sitting in a chair. None of my gamer friends have heard about this game. I honestly think they missed the boat already, but who knows.

If they added some more personality to the game (like overwatch animations) and a strong marketing campaign this game could make some noise. They really need to sponsor some big twitch streamers to play the game for a weekend when they open ranked back up.

Add a new Vehicle line, Skins and Characters more frequently updated. I'd love to see load out customizations in this game like being able to swap in different abilities or adding enhancers like you would to a gun/attachments in FPS.

Edited by Iowjack

Posted (edited)

It was pretty widely publicised by and anticipated in the racing community, given it was the first game to be produced for Codemasters by the Evolution Studios team. Then the developer livestreams happened, and everyone who'd just wanted Driveclub 2 or a new Motorstorm game lost interest.

So it bombed in retail, and they laid off most of the team again. I doubt you'll see many more updates of any kind now.

Edited by scottishwildcat

I know; because, Both Motorstorm and Driveclub are good arcade-racing game that is missing in today console are more about realize and freerom. The Evolution Studies team are missing most of their full team to do another arcade-racing and Codemasters can do better if they have the full team and maybe bring back the missing franchise or making a new game on that franchise like Motorstorm. 

I just don't know if they want to do that because of money or stressing the team a bit to hard on a new game like what happen with SQUARE ENIX two years ago with the Final Fantasy 15 with so many update to one game and STILL feel like it was unfinished. I just hope Codemaster don't do the same to the Evolution Studies team.

P.S: I'm just new to the Codemaster Account ok