Sign in to follow this  

F1 2018 - Historical cars same spec faster AI

Question

Hello Guys,

I'm a bit confused in some way AI races in historical quick race modes. My issue is if I choose one of the '02-'04-'06-'08 cars the AI is always faster, i mean has better acceleration and better top speed even on 70% difficulty level. Cause it's a quick race or called grand prix mode I don't think AI uses spec settings for each tracks. Is it any way to figure it out why they are better? If I choose oldskool cars like 74 Mclaren or Ferrari I'm in party with them on higher difficulty level but with the old gen (2001-2008) cars I' cant be faster only in corners. Has anybody experienced the same?
Thanks for the help!

3 answers to this question

Hello,

I have partly the same problem but only on a few race tracks. Are you driving with traction control? I have problems with the traction control and was forced to switch off TC. Also the AI has always endless traction out of corners

• Thanks 1

On 2/11/2019 at 10:50 PM, Hobbyplayer said:

Hello,

I have partly the same problem but only on a few race tracks. Are you driving with traction control? I have problems with the traction control and was forced to switch off TC. Also the AI has always endless traction out of corners

I'm using TC, yes. And you're right, only on few tracks this issue happens. You say if i turn off TC it will stabilize this?

Yes. But you can also use medium traction control.

I think Codemasters made traction control 'weak', in past you could hear the TC in the 02-07 cars (switched on) and you didn't had this problem.