Sign in to follow this  

RaceNet Challenge - Starting 09/12/14

Hey all,

Just looking for some feedback for the next set of RaceNet challenges, thoughts on a postcard please :)

Currently it's set as:

Touring Car
Red Bull Ring North Circuit Reversed
Time Attack
Classic Mini

Endurance
Algarve National Circuit [Night]
Race
Endurance GT2

Open Wheel
Red Bull Ring South Circuit Reversed
Time Attack
Lightweight

Tuner
Yas Marina Paddock Circuit
Race
JDM

Street
Washington Hill Circuit
Race
Delta

Party
Sepang North Circuit [Night]
Race
JDM

Re Touring Car... like the choice of track but not keen on the car if I'm honest.  I'd rather have the John Cooper mini :)  But if that's not possible it will be good to drive the miglia on a track that doesn't feature in the playlist.

Change the tuner, we had JDM yas marina this week having it again next week but race version is not ideal, mix it up a bit. :)

Apart from that, I'm happy with your choices.

@Loore  Why can't collisions be turned off or the AI removed in these challenges?  
Technical reasons I'm told.

Well I for one have lost interest in the challenges,  

The number of times ive been on a good lap, only to catch up some slow ass AI, even though Ive waited untill im almost lapped to set off.  

When you do catch the slow AI, the fool slows down, making sure he parks himself on the front of the car.  

Its not fun,  and it annoy lots more people than just me.  

It would be nice to just have collisions off.  I dont see how there could be technical reason for not doing it. 

Racenet challenges are quite tough this week but it gets made tougher by the idiots on the open wheel challenge going completely off the course at full speed on the first corner then coming back on and gaining nearly half a second I managed to get current record legit but it still ain't fair on all us legit drivers who actually can set record times without having to cheat seriously people that do that should have their times removed from the leaderboard.

I think we all want to see on street course the McLaren f1 it's rarely used on challenges. It's always gt super cars or Alfa Romeo evo. I don't know how people feel about that but that's me. I also think there should be more random challenges. 

Racenet challenges are quite tough this week but it gets made tougher by the idiots on the open wheel challenge going completely off the course at full speed on the first corner then coming back on and gaining nearly half a second I managed to get current record legit but it still ain't fair on all us legit drivers who actually can set record times without having to cheat seriously people that do that should have their times removed from the leaderboard.
Not going to happen, loore directly said himself during the intell and eibah challenges that anything goes except for hacking or modifying the game. Wall riding, corner cutting and crashing is all part of legit racing according to them. :(

I don't see the point of having leaderboards or challenges if they not going to get moderated. 

Exp leaderboards are useless as people abuse the loophole to gain exp.
Challenges are useless because its not challenge is you have to resort to abusing loopholes to win.
Time trail leaderboards are useless too because of loophole abuse to get fast times.

Moderate it or don't have it is my opinion on this.

The only issue I've noticed with time trial, is the wall ride on Mt Panorama.  Are there any others? 

Otherwise Time Trial is the best place for a challenge,  NO Ai, No limit on number of laps. 

I got bored with racenet challenges,  it sucks that there is Ai in there.  

@Loore said a while back, that people like to race with Ai...............Im just wondering who likes to race with the Ai, and why cant they just be happy to do that in career mode? 

Do the Ai, just slow down when you get to them in career mode?   Why an Ai, whos going at full speed, needs to slow to 10 mph when I pick up its draft on a straight Im not sure..................perhaps you can answer that @loore?   Why not just set them to VERY HARD if you cant turn them off?

After trying to grind out the challenges about 2 months ago I decided to do what I do best.  Sit back and just enjoy the game for itself.  I've always enjoyed the sim part of games, ie. damage and living with the consequences of those actions.  So I have been just driving and trying the challenges with no more than 1-3 tries per challenge and not trying to fit my car into a space between two cars the size of a breadbox (unless that said car was the size of a loaf of bread).  Some times I gold, silver etc.  Once in a blue moon I even grab a platinum.  On the party ones I have missed all 4 occasionally.

Sitting back and enjoying the racing experiences without the endless upon endless restarts has made the game enjoyable again.

I love a restart, the competitiveness of trying to get up the leaderboards or beat a few club mates is what keeps me going. I love to compete online against real people in playlist or challenges. Single player for me gets boring sometimes. Sure at times it gets frustrating but it would be boring if it was easy eh

I love a restart, the competitiveness of trying to get up the leaderboards or beat a few club mates is what keeps me going. I love to compete online against real people in playlist or challenges. Single player for me gets boring sometimes. Sure at times it gets frustrating but it would be boring if it was easy eh

You are a better person than me.  Restarts ruin the flow of a game for me.