Sign in to follow this  

Rank

So, what is the secret formula for deciding if you rank up, down or have your rank held after a match? 

I ask because it is annoyingly unclear at the moment. I had a stint a few days ago where I was winning and then losing matches in turn for around 10 matches, each time I lost I would lose a rank, but each win the rank would be held. Why? The game gives no indication. 

Also, it seriously frustrates me to lose a rank when you lose if you are the mvp for your team. It should count as an exception imo as you can't have done any better generally but still get punished. 

2 wins rank up 2loses rank down rinse repeat only prob is they still count matches u joined tht alrdy were in progress against ur progress 

Unfortunately that can't be true as i've gained two ranks before from back-to-back wins and the same the other way around. 

I think it's dependant on your placing within your team. If you lose but are pretty high up on your team's result (say top three?) you get a held. If not, you drop.

However, that's what I guess, not what I can prove.

pH

Again, that unfortunately can't be correct as I have lost multiple ranks even when I have been the mvp for my team (and multiple times in a row). 

Would love some clarity from Codemasters on it. 

This is pretty much the same question I have. It actually went pretty smooth up until platinum ace. Up till then it was usually 1win == up, 2loss == down. But in plat ace it seemed to have changed (or with an update? last week?). Now I need 2, 3 or more wins to go up, and with 1 loss (even after 2 wins) it goes down. I'm at plat ace div 4 currently.

The connection losses after the results could be of influence, but that is just speculation.

I played ranked for a while now usually ranking up with little difficulty, was expecting to be able to pull off plat ace with the remaining time left in season... until that game I played in Plat Q3. What's really frustrating is that I did win the game but because of a connection error at the very end in the results lobby I got penalised for "leaving a ranked game".

Since then I'm unable to rank up. Every win I get shows "rank held" and I de-rank with each lose 

EDIT: ok I can climb up now