Sign in to follow this  

Strange error in qualifying detected

Have a look at this screenshot I took in GP mode of F1 2014.

It shows Q3 session best time as Lewis Hamilton, however the qualifying standings on the right show Rosberg on the pole.

Is it possible to get a 1 place grid penalty from qualifying penalties in this game? I thought the only grid penalties from qualifying were 10 places in this game.

http://i62.tinypic.com/2n7fjab.jpg

It shows Q3 session best time as Lewis Hamilton, however the qualifying standings on the right show Rosberg on the pole.

Is it possible to get a 1 place grid penalty from qualifying penalties in this game? I thought the only grid penalties from qualifying were 10 places in this game.

you are aware that qualifying is split into 3 parts that's why it says Q1` Q2 Q3  going by this it means Hamilton was only fastest in Part 1 not in Part 3

you are aware that qualifying is split into 3 parts that's why it says Q1` Q2 Q3  going by this it means Hamilton was only fastest in Part 1 not in Part 3

Yes, of course I know that.

Rosberg was fastest in Q1 and Q2, but that screenshot was when I clicked on Q3, it shown SB (session best) was Hamilton, yet Rosberg was on pole.

That is the Q3 result, as Bianchi and myself (Chilton) were not in Q3, that's why we had no times listed there.

Stevomock said:
The only thing I can think of is that they maybe tied.
Yes, or it's just another bug!! Like the split times in qualifying aren't accurate either.... if you add up the 3 sector times of the AI in the timing screen you will see the 3 sectors never equal their lap time.... It's always been like that...... The lap times are invented, not actually created! :smiley: 

Stevomock said:
Yes, or it's just another bug!! Like the split times in qualifying aren't accurate either.... if you add up the 3 sector times of the AI in the timing screen you will see the 3 sectors never equal their lap time.... It's always been like that...... The lap times are invented, not actually created! :smiley: 

Ah, the timing screen doesn't show the sector times of your best lap though. They show the most recent sector time, which will be a different colour if it happens to be your best. :)

You can find the sector times for each lap in the Race Director. Those ones should add up to the overall lap time.

Britpoint said:
Stevomock said:

Ah, the timing screen doesn't show the sector times of your best lap though. They show the most recent sector time, which will be a different colour if it happens to be your best. :)

You can find the sector times for each lap in the Race Director. Those ones should add up to the overall lap time.
Maybe, but whatever they don't add up on the TV style timing screen as my point said!! lol!! :smiley: 

Stevomock said:

Yeah, you could have a good point.

I think I'll just chalk it down to this or a 1 place grid penalty.

However my suspicions are still with it being an error/bug.