Jump to content Jump to content

Oakley Motorsport has a presence in almost every tier of every style of racing in GRID Autosport. They have a minor presence in the lower tiers of most styles of racing, and are often prepared to give rookie racers their break in the hope of finding the next big racing talent.

Oakley invest more heavily in the prestigious upper tiers of all the racing disciplines in GRID Autosport, with especially strong presences in the upper tiers of Touring Cars and Tuner Competitions, and solid representation in Endurance and Street Racing. In the top tier of Touring Cars, they can often even give the legendary Ravenwest a run for their money.

Their drivers are talent drawn frequently from the lower tiers, who have worked for a long time with Oakley. As such, it can often be a shrewd move to stick with Oakley Motorsport as you work your way up through the ranks of a discipline in the career mode for GRID Autosport.

After looking at the GRID(08) team lists in a couple of profiles (seasons 2 and 9; nothing further along on this computer) I don't see Oakley Motorsport.  Is this a new team just for GRID A?  Will there be any career GRID A teams other than Ravenwest that are from GRID(08)? 

And in the career will we be able to create and recruit our own team, or will we only be choosing a pre-existing team to sign up with?

Not a big deal, just curious.  I'm getting antsy though.

Frank
PC/keyboard, offline single player.
Ravenwest are the only ones making a return from GRID(08).

In single player you choose pre-existing teams, some will have different benefits than others, different cars, sponsors etc. You'll get a teammate and you'll have interaction with him on the track, he'll actually yield a place if you're coming up fast behind him and using the shoulder buttons on the controller you can tell him to defend his position or go full out attack. 

Online you create your own club and invite your friends or join someone else's (or none at all if you prefer) :)
In GRID there are only two drivers per team, but over 250 teams.  This looks like fewer teams, but a lot more drivers per team; quite a bit more complex career and a more directed career, but still with plenty of flexibility as to paths.  Going to be very interesting.

My "Purchase" key is blinking at me, but not yet.

Frank
So that's what team Claire Fox is on! I swear every time I go near her she tries to take me out! 

@Loore, she was the one that knocked off track and into that massive crash when we were playing last night - I was in 3rd :(
She's a right nutter is Claire Fox, not as bad as Sophie Muller though (another team)!

@RubyRuby

We'll get there in the end I'm sure :)
Loore said:
So that's what team Claire Fox is on! I swear every time I go near her she tries to take me out! 

@Loore, she was the one that knocked off track and into that massive crash when we were playing last night - I was in 3rd :(
She's a right nutter is Claire Fox, not as bad as Sophie Muller though (another team)!

@RubyRuby

now you're getting us curious :p
Loore said:

In single player you choose pre-existing teams, some will have different benefits than others, different cars, sponsors etc. You'll get a teammate and you'll have interaction with him on the track, he'll actually yield a place if you're coming up fast behind him and using the shoulder buttons on the controller you can tell him to defend his position or go full out attack.

Online you create your own club and invite your friends or join someone else's (or none at all if you prefer) :)
Does that mean you can't create your own team like in GRID ?
Gigast0r said:
Loore said:

Does that mean you can't create your own team like in GRID ?
I think it means you can in multiplayer but not in singleplayer
Well, that would be a step in the wrong direction, even more than GRID2.

I mean, managing your own team was a fun part of GRID. In GRID2 it clearly felt less engaging and personal, you were that "lone wolf" dude, racing against some random "crews", but you still had the custom paint job and sponsors on your car... It seemed half-assed, for me.

Racing for other teams was a small part of GRID, it became almost useless after a while. I think it should stay that way in Autosport.
Gigast0r said:
Well, that would be a step in the wrong direction, even more than GRID2.

I mean, managing your own team was a fun part of GRID. In GRID2 it clearly felt less engaging and personal, you were that "lone wolf" dude, racing against some random "crews", but you still had the custom paint job and sponsors on your car... It seemed half-assed, for me.

Racing for other teams was a small part of GRID, it became almost useless after a while. I think it should stay that way in Autosport.
IO could be wrong though but that's how I'm reading it at the moment only @Loore and the rest of  CM  will know for sure
Yes, that's the way it is.

By no means is this a "pick a team and race" type thing, there's a lot more to it than that. Each team varies from the cars they drive, sponsors, money they pay out, objectives, type of racing they are in, various team mates, types of upgrade available and so on.

Think of the Career in Autosport as you being a professional race driver, in real life you don't have your own team (for the most part) but are recruited for teams.

I'm confident there's enough depth in the single player to keep you happy and the Clubs feature online is simply going to be awesome (if I say so myself). Ability to recruit drivres, race in your club livery and level up your club in each discipline. I can't wait to see a grid full of player ran club liveries.
Loore said:

@RubyRuby

Is she Yvan's wife?! If she raced touring cars they could be a husband and wife racing team :P
Loore said:
Yes, that's the way it is.

By no means is this a "pick a team and race" type thing, there's a lot more to it than that. Each team varies from the cars they drive, sponsors, money they pay out, objectives, type of racing they are in, various team mates, types of upgrade available and so on.

Think of the Career in Autosport as you being a professional race driver, in real life you don't have your own team (for the most part) but are recruited for teams.

I'm confident there's enough depth in the single player to keep you happy and the Clubs feature online is simply going to be awesome (if I say so myself). Ability to recruit drivres, race in your club livery and level up your club in each discipline. I can't wait to see a grid full of player ran club liveries.
Thanks for the clarification