Motorsport Games, Codemasters and FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy partner to create the World RX Esports Invitational Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is anyone faster with Cockpit camera than TV Pod or Offset?

I find racing to be easiest with a TV Pod camera, but not the most fun.  I'm curious, is anyone faster in cockpit mode?  Do any league racers race in cockpit mode?  I prefer a real experience and believe TV Pod should be for the viewers only, not the racers.  Situational awareness is much more difficult in cockpit mode, especially with proximity arrows off.  Overall, I believe this game should strive for realism as much as possible.  Thoughts?

Definitely agree cockpit cam is a must...as far as being faster I made the switch about 2.5 months ago and was playing career mode at 107 ai and had to turn it down to 103...I had made it up to 105 again until I swapped out my g29 for a Fanatec system so now I’m at 103 again working on building up to 110 hopefully as that’s where I was when I quit playing F1 2017

I only drive in cockpit view and just from experience can now turn into corners without seeing the apex. I feel the traction and grip a lot more in cockpit cam - I know that sounds weird but I will lose the rear of the car in pod view but can control it in cockpit. I've been using cockpit for about a year. T300 with Ferrari F1 rim. 

Cockpit only - agree with the grip comment not traction though however that isn’t a comparison to other views as I haven’t played F1 with other views for so long.  I higher the camera and angle it down a little

Moved to Cockpit view and I'm around 2 seconds faster than TV Pod. I still have to set the AI to 79 otherwise they're too fast for me, I'm using the Xbox One Elite controller on PC at the moment. Waiting for my new Logitech G920 wheel to arrive to replace my Logitech G27.