Sign in to follow this  

Are you serious codemasters?

So yesterday i was having a league race in hungary. Everything was going fine, good qualifying , nice start and a really good first stint. Then i pitted at the end of lap 27. When i got out of the pits another driver attacked me in turn 2 , and after that this happened. I think that this is unacceptable in 2019, every other game fixes its issues game after game, but for f1 it seems like the bugs will never be fixed.  i have never touched him and still he lost the car and we both lost the possibility to fight for the podium. This is really disgusting but it seems like we will never have a game without this kind of problems. oh and also we had 3 dnfs in this race in very dangerous parts of the track but of course the safety car doesn't exist in this game so no chance to recover to the top spots.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl0sKIqPp7U

I think that’s a human error from the other guy rather than an issue with the game. Unfortunately you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time 

cpayne32 said:
I think that’s a human error from the other guy rather than an issue with the game. Unfortunately you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time 
You think he touched the grass or something? Looks like he activates some handbrake. 

cpayne32 said:
i can guarantee you that it's not a human error. He's not a noob and knows how to drive, and if you pay more attention you can see that he loses the backend in a strange way, we talked after the race and he thought i touched him so no, no human error

cpayne32 said:
Hey man I'm danix, the Red bull driver, i haven't the video of this crash, but I can say that from my onboard I felt like he crashed into me brutally, but in this video you can see he didn't touch me at all, pure problem of this game when 2 cars are close this shit happens

cpayne32 said:
Definitely not human error. It's desync, this is a classic incident in this game. Something that happened in someone's screen didn't happen in yours (or anyone elses) and causes this. Online is plagued with this. I play GT Sport online a lot and I never see this happen. Even against people with not so good connections.

Yah GT Sports in-line is much superior to F1 2018s so much so I wouldn’t even play online if you paid me to haha

Yah definitely, if they’d had mechanical failures for the player or make doing that seriously damage the gearbox it would solve a lot of that

No this is a genuine desync. I was on the receiving end of this in October when a driver tucked in behind me and my car spun into the wall.

The netcode in F1 2018 needs a serious overhaul.

Unnamed25 said:
No this is a genuine desync. I was on the receiving end of this in October when a driver tucked in behind me and my car spun into the wall.

Agreed. At least until such time as that happens, we are getting a new forum. Yay. Priorities.

FRACTURED said:
Unnamed25 said:

Agreed. At least until such time as that happens, we are getting a new forum. Yay. Priorities.
This is like that comment in 2017 where someone complained that Codies pushed out a livery update instead of fixing bugs and Lee replying with something like "Artists don't code".

UP100 said:
FRACTURED said:
Unnamed25 said:

This is like that comment in 2017 where someone complained that Codies pushed out a livery update instead of fixing bugs and Lee replying with something like "Artists don't code".
Then i guess they should change their name to artist masters, because they sure as hell can't code ??

This has been a thing since the beta,I guess it’s all our fault we’ve  all got bad internet,don’t forget that wired connection folks makes all the difference!