Sign in to follow this  

Rain and safety car

Just some general complaints:

If there is rain on the track and the rain is only going to get heavier, why do the ai still pit on their scheduled lap for drys? It's utterly stupid and something Codemasters should have fixed.

The same thing happens under the safety car: why would they pit as the safety car is coming in, if they could have on the lap it came out, saving lots of time?

The game isn't perfect. I'm not sure how hard it would be to develop something like that. It would take some intelligence on the AI's part to make calls like that on whether or not to pit. They seem to calculate their scheduled stops pre-race based on their expected wear and then try to stick with it unless they have to change to wets or repair their car, without really being affected by safety cars or overcut/undercut strategies. They also like to schedule their stops so two teammates don't stop on the same lap, and stick with that as well, even if the teammates aren't close to each other.

One thing I have noticed about the rain, and I guess the die hards would have sussed it, is that the % chance of rain isn't % chance of rain at all, its the % of the session that will be wet. For example, if there 50% chance of rain in practice, it will rain around half hour in, if the same chance for a 60 lap race, you'll spend around 30 laps racing in the wet. It's bullshit.