If you were to add one DR1 venue as DR2 DLC...

If you were to add one DR1 venue as DR2 DLC...  

41 members have voted

1. 1. If you were to add one DR1 venue as DR2 DLC...

Please no discussion on whether DR1's locations should or should not be ported over, I'm just looking to see which one would win. Assume they're all upgraded to DR2 standards, but no other special criteria apply (e.g. no variable ice levels at Monte, no additional Mosel stages for Germany).

Now I guess there will be two or four venues in the works and, although we don't know if they'd all be upgraded DR1 venues, if they were I'm just curious as to which ones people would prioritise.

I genuinely struggle to choose between them, as each of them has something that the DR2 set doesn't or are really iconic. My answer to the question would probably change from day to day, but whilst I'm typing this, it's:

1. Finland - I never enjoyed this in DR1 because of the floaty physics so would love to give it a proper go in DR2. It's probably adds least in terms of complementary style to DR2, but hey, it's my answer and I thought it looked incredible (autumn or summer) and would like to enjoy it as it should be enjoyed.
  2. Sweden - This one was enjoyable in DR1 but would love to see it updated and, of course, introducing proper snow stages to DR2.
  3. Germany - Less of an iconic event maybe, but I don't think Spain represents tarmac rallying as well as Germany does. Panzerplatte may not be my ideal choice, but the junctions and less polished surface are much closer and there's not enough tarmac focus in DR2 for my liking.
  4. Monte Carlo - I've just spent three days at the Monte and its obviously completely iconic. I thought the graphics and the ice effects were superb in DR1, but with no upgrades it lacks a bit of the unpredictability that makes the real event so special.
  5. Greece - People are equating the new Argentina stages to Greece from DR1, but personally they don't grab me in the same way. The forests and mountains were a completely different setting and I'd really enjoy getting these ones in too. Heck, DR2 stages are called different names, so call the stages 'Argentina' and change the Greek flags to Argentinian ones for all I care 👅
  6. Wales - It was superb in DR1. But it was the one event I played to death and could live without. I wouldn't complain though, being bottom of this list doesn't mean I don't love the stages!

Anyway, there are no wrong answers, but I'm just curious to know what people think. Do you go with your favourite from DR1 or for ones you think would complement DR2 best?

Edited by RodgerDavies

Was a tough decision for me as I was torn between three (Wales, Finland and Germany).

Might change my mind once I have played all the new locations in DR2.0! 

Without a blink of an eye, Monte Carlo. I like tarmac and the beautiful location. Germany a close second.

torn between greece and wales...sure, the smarter decision would be something with
tarmac (germany, monte)

Tough between Monte and Wales. But I'd rather have Monte back when they get proper dynamic weather, with variable ice etc.

1 Monte Carlo because it's unique.
2 Germany, but with extra vineyard stage.
3 Greece, we need some dry gravel with hairpins.
4 Sweden, but can also be Norway or any snow rally.
5 Finland, fast like Poland but more bumpy.
6 Wales, it's cool but we had it in Dirt 4 too. And gameplay-wise Australia kinda looks similar.

Sweden for proper snow stages, even though it's not my favorite rally. Second choice would be Greece for sure.

Monte Carlo is the obvious answer, because a championship start doesn't feel good without the first round being in Monte Carlo.
I'd rather have them all though :D

Monte Carlo, Wales and Germany would be my choices. However, considering snow was hinted at coming in the DLC, I think Sweden is a given, in which case, leave just Wales and Germany.

What about the lack of snow??? Monte has a little snow yes, but not the banky-fast-stuff of a proper snow rally

SkyRex said:
What about the lack of snow??? Monte has a little snow yes, but not the banky-fast-stuff of a proper snow rally
I voted Finland but expected Sweden to feature highly so glad to see it getting a vote - come on @ShodanCat , vote Sweden :tongue:

I didn't expect Monte Carlo to feature so heavily but interesting voting so far. Thanks all.

Germany
The fact that is asphalt but not exactly regular roads makes it quite unique.
2nd choice Monte Carlo
3rd Finland
4th Pikes peak  :p 

Quiace said:
Germany
2nd choice Monte Carlo
3rd Finland
Ha, I did say when DR1 was out, I wish they could turn Pike's Peak into rally stages (plus reverse versions). Wouldn't say no to an unlicenced "Rally Colorado" version run in both directions by rally cars.

Greece is very well done in DR1, fantastic topography, hairpins all different etc, but I would like the challenge of Finland with heavy physics.
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

monte carlo because you have  snow and ice part in asphalt in mountain  second germany because you have big straight line for max speed and third finland with big jump , bump ( for finland just need improve french and maybe other languages  pace note ) 
 snow country come in DLC  so norway or sweden , or russia or other   is no different for me  just need snow country and i m happy

greece is similar to argentina and wales  why not  , is not priority  for me  but  driving in big dark  forest   in morning with  fog      , there only in wales where you can do that

Quiace said:
Germany
2nd choice Monte Carlo
3rd Finland
Ha, I did say when DR1 was out, I wish they could turn Pike's Peak into rally stages (plus reverse versions). Wouldn't say no to an unlicenced "Rally Colorado" version run in both directions by rally cars.
Uphill Pike’s Peak is bad enough, can you imagine how scary it would be going down? ?

I realize with this poll I need to make some time again and do some DiRT3, DiRT Rally and DiRT4, just I’m to busy lately with work and training. Maybe should take a day free when DR2.0 arrives ?

Tough choice, really. Personally (and Codies, know that as soon as my hardcopy comes, I'm purchasing the "season pass" if it available day of launch - regardless) I wouldn't mind if they re-created every one of them. They were / are all really good. In fact, I've been playing DR for a couple of weeks now in an effort to get my head out of track racing and back into rallying. I chose Finland because I just loved how flat out it is and your choice is simple...slow down and finish down the leaderboard...or flat out...but if you crash, your rally's over. Too bad I couldn't choose two (Wales...outflippinstanding)
  • Like 1

@Habsolute amen to that - great points and agree with you about each one being a masterpiece.

Finland is having a resurgence in the voting, up to joint second...

Wondering how much this poll is influenced by being posted during the most exciting Monte Carlo Rally in recemr memory...

Monte Carlo has been leading before the rally began though. Besides being an iconic rally, it was simply very well done in DiRT Rally.

One day I'd like to race the Irish rally with the grass growing in the centre of the road on a game you see it down the back roads (Only Irish people will know) Until then I'II go with Finland for now because of the jumps. With Wales a very close second

Highlights from 2009

https://youtu.be/HaHLhdtMcwo?t=5m48s

Monte Carlo for definite. With the new handling model, the snowy/icy sections could be real tricky. 

Always fun drifting those hairpins in a Mk2. 

I enjoyed Monte Carlo the most, followed by Germany.

I presume the main reason neither are in DiRT Rally 2.0 is due to licensing restrictions; those are usually tricky things in sports games especially when another brand has the exclusive license to teams, cars or locations (in this case WRC).

Col de Turini (Monte-Carlo) is one of the most iconic stages in the rally world (together with ouninpohja i would say). Would be great to see a comback of turini in DR 2.0. If codies could only make this particular stage longer down the valley on both sides... Would be a dream. But i guess that won't happen due to technical limitations.
  • Agree 1