Speedhacker in F1 2018 Open Lobbies - Please dont ignore this codies

Speedhacker in open lobby. You'd better ban this guy codies. 

Footage on record:

[Removed]

Nickname: [Removed]

[Edit by Faya - removed name and link]

he has also set the fastest times in time trial using this hack, its embarrassing the game has so little anti cheat software in it. 

Yep.. Hopefully they'll ban him though because its ruining the Online. (If it wasnt ruined enough already)

As far as I know there is no way to ban a single person from the game. This can also be considered naming & shaming.

They can probably wipe him from the time trial leadeeboards, but there's nothing to stop him just doing it again. Can totally see why the f1 game community is becoming to loose patience with codemasters.. 

@Faya Is there no way to ban anyone from the game? so that means people can just win easily and get free rating aswell? makes matchmaking online also very good..

Hi there, 

I’ve removed the names and link from the original post as naming and shaming is against the forum rules. I know that some of you may find this rule frustrating, but reporting in the forums is not the way to get individuals investigated. It’s also to protect anyone that’s innocent (accidentally wrongly accusing or possible attempts to troll/bully as well, things like that). In future, please report the player via the relevant platforms reporting system for anyone that you think is cheating.

Many thanks,

How does one go about reporting someone within F1 2018?  I just ran a race with someone that had the most power MGU and trasmission in the world. Hitting almost 400 KPH at silverstone right off of a corner.

1 hour ago, jamcomp said:

How does one go about reporting someone within F1 2018?  I just ran a race with someone that had the most power MGU and trasmission in the world. Hitting almost 400 KPH at silverstone right off of a corner.

custservice@codemasters.com and I think blocking makes it that you can't join a game he is in or something.

Edited by UP100

11 hours ago, jamcomp said:

Depends what platform you're on. Steam, Sony and Microsoft all have different ways to report.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1010-TOKN-8461

https://www.playstation.com/en-ie/get-help/help-library/my-account/parental-controls/how-to-report-in-game-behaviour-or-user-created-content/

https://enforcement.xbox.com/en-ie/home/howto#sub-topic2-0

IMO naming and shaming should not apply for those who breach the softwares terms of service.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

35 minutes ago, MrGhostO1O said:

IMO naming and shaming should not apply for those who breach the softwares terms of service.

What do we do then when the community sends death threats to a completely innocent guy who just happened to have the same name as one and happened to own F1 2018? Well what do we do when they start sending death threats to literally anyone? Or what if someone has some weird bug or a bad connection? Faya already gave ways to report players, why is that not enough?

9 minutes ago, UP100 said:

What do we do then when the community sends death threats to a completely innocent guy who just happened to have the same name as one and happened to own F1 2018? Well what do we do when they start sending death threats to literally anyone? Or what if someone has some weird bug or a bad connection? Faya already gave ways to report players, why is that not enough?

Mate, you are blowing it way out of proportion with this comment. We are talking about naming and shaming someone for cheating not death threats. Death threats are a completely different thing and should be handled appropriately. Only special kinds of garbage people send death threats. There is a big difference between "You are a di** for cheating" and "I am going to ******* kill ya for this sh**".

Also, players cannot have the same "name". There are always different properties and ID's to specifically identify a user who is cheating. If it were the case of a bug or desync, we would know because there are thousends of such cases with video evidence online.

Report them if you see them but defending them from being called out is not the right way to prevent them from doing it again at some point. That is all I meant.

15 minutes ago, MrGhostO1O said:

Mate, you are blowing it way out of proportion with this comment. We are talking about naming and shaming someone for cheating not death threats. Death threats are a completely different thing and should be handled appropriately. Only special kinds of garbage people send death threats. There is a big difference between "You are a di** for cheating" and "I am going to ******* kill ya for this sh**".

Also, players cannot have the same "name". There are always different properties and ID's to specifically identify a user who is cheating. If it were the case of a bug or desync, we would know because there are thousends of such cases with video evidence online.

Report them if you see them but defending them from being called out is not the right way to prevent them from doing it again at some point. That is all I meant.

You know, hit someone by an accident in a league race you may get insults and so on, so I'm definitely not blowing it out of proportion. Not to mention public lobbies. That's the F1 community for you.

People who name & shame cheaters either show a video (Do not show anything else than a name) or just paste the name of the cheater with no platform or anything. Did you know that bugs or desync can cause issues never ever seen before?

There is no reason to name & shame publicly though. It doesn't help anything, does it?