DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRT Rally 2.0 - Share your Videos!

Haven't posted any videos over here lately, because I've been working on a special one about Dirt Rally 2, Rally racing, and life. Give it a watch if you would and let me know what you think.

Big shout out to @PJTierney for his constant assistance and encouragement to new DR 2/Rally sim drivers.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 12/8/2020 at 3:16 PM, PJTierney said:

Not mine (it's HenrikM) but get about 1 minute in 😉 

ive been watching some of these people recently and its actually inspiring me to actually utterly destroy them . its kinda sad that subpar racers are being promoted so well yet many better people dont succeed. all these big guys are doing is a clean run not even in the view you watching the video in then replaying it in chase cam because its the most popular view on youtube. every **** video like henriks is getting me closer to the wheel. was going to give up but seeing these average people popping out mediocre is really wetting my taste buds. i dont care about the views... dirt rally 2.0 being downloaded.

Edited by dgeesi0

7 hours ago, dgeesi0 said:

its kinda sad that subpar racers are being promoted so well yet many better people dont succeed.

We've been through this dozens of times elsewhere, performance and entertainment are not always mutually linked. One glance at the game's subreddit will show you that.

all these big guys are doing is a clean run not even in the view you watching the video in then replaying it in chase cam because its the most popular view on youtube.

Henrik is playing on Xbox where replays are capped at 30fps, plus his instrument cluster is on display. It looks like he uses chase cam for the driving (at least when capturing content).

i dont care about the views... dirt rally 2.0 being downloaded.

🙂 

Posted (edited)

Yambulla Mountain Ascent - 3:38.154 [World Record] - Renault 5 Turbo

This car is a rocket.. i think the most dificult i have played

Edited by leoakino
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

This is my own recording. During the last summer I found interesting how good one random time was on leader board and tried to challenge it myself few times. Well my first sessions with Audi didn't even remotely cut it but the later obtained Lancia was good and in my opinion faster than the highly praised Peugeot. Well anyway maybe this is interesting for someone. Lap starts at 51 seconds.

Kailajärvi Groub B Lancia Delta S4 2:48.576 Kailajärvi

Edited by jaakkom

A guide for anyone who wants to take their screenshots in DR2 to next level and this demonstrates what a proper photomode in DR 3.0 could be like. I hope Dirt Rally 3.0 will get a proper photo-mode!

• Like 1

@PJTierney I have friends who can use the camera with controller, but for me it has not worked for some reason. I believe my issue is that the software does not recognize the controller I use or tries to use another device I have plugged in (even though I tried unplugging everything else but the controller).

• Like 1