Jump to content Jump to content

DiRT Rally 2.0 - Share your Videos!

• Social Media & Community Team
54 minutes ago, richie said:

I'd like to know what people think about lines like in Henrik's video at the 3:29 mark, certainly worth a second or two. There's a similar line to take at Hämelahti. I can't take these lines but I'm most likely just limiting myself in refusing to do the same. 

We had this discussion when it came to the World Series.

Basically, it depends on the rules of the organisation. In some leagues like AOR or JRC or WERC there's limits on how far off-track players are allowed to go and they need to provide evidence of fair play.

In other competitions like the World Series we go by the notion that if the game allows you to do it, do it. Same applies to Time Trial since the game is the one setting the rules. I also hold that opinion; if the game doesn't penalise you for taking an unusual line, then that's the line you must take if you want to optimise your chances of success.

Dev team already knows some locations had big cuttable areas but it's too late to change it now. Will be considered more for future titles though, there are about 1o different ways you could go about tackling it.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, PJTierney said:

We had this discussion when it came to the World Series.

Basically, it depends on the rules of the organisation. In some leagues like AOR or JRC or WERC there's limits on how far off-track players are allowed to go and they need to provide evidence of fair play.

In other competitions like the World Series we go by the notion that if the game allows you to do it, do it. Same applies to Time Trial since the game is the one setting the rules. I also hold that opinion; if the game doesn't penalise you for taking an unusual line, then that's the line you must take if you want to optimise your chances of success.

Dev team already knows some locations had big cuttable areas but it's too late to change it now. Will be considered more for future titles though, there are about 1o different ways you could go about tackling it.

Yeah, the reason why potato lines aren't allowed in championships is the same reason why I refuse to do major cuts. Time trial is anarchy, many people don't care so you have to do the same if you want to have a chance for a top 10, I get it. The problem is that people like the guy in the video with a lot of followers are basically teaching them the wrong things. 

Edited by richie

Poor Mike, I also did this to his time (finally after slacking off for a month) 

I'm sure he will give it another go someday though. (the time definitely hasn't peaked)

Edited by bn880
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

As a huuuuge fan of the old Grand Prix 3, I've always loved the intro video to that game. Then I had some spare time now, and decided, how would a intro video to a rally championship look in Grand Rally 2.3 or... something!

• Like 3

@Myrvold Nicely done 🙂 

I do like me a good cinematic; in fact I should have one of my own up soon as I finished editing it last night.

Get faster on Dirt 2.0 with my Simracing Coach.
Follow the 3 simple steps below to participate - It's Free!

1 - Subscribe in the channel - https://cutt.ly/CbpIXs0
2 - Upload your video of Dirt 2.0 on Youtube
3 - Insert the link of your video in the comment of the video below.
I gonna analyse and comment in your video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M2yYBNpmWQ

Edited by leoakino
change link
On 4/27/2021 at 9:24 AM, PJTierney said:

I do like me a good cinematic; in fact I should have one of my own up soon as I finished editing it last night.

It's live 🙂 

• Like 1