DiRT Rally 2.0 - the car list at launch

The DS 21 should be called Citroen DS21 and have the Citroen logo. The DS Automobiles brand was founded in 2009, and got its name from the old Citroen DS, but the original car was still a Citroen not a DS

• Agree 2

53 minutes ago, shadow118 said:

The DS 21 should be called Citroen DS21 and have the Citroen logo. The DS Automobiles brand was founded in 2009, and got its name from the old Citroen DS, but the original car was still a Citroen not a DS

I think licensing may be at play here: the DS3 appeared in DiRT 4 without any mention of Citroen. 

1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

I think licensing may be at play here: the DS3 appeared in DiRT 4 without any mention of Citroen. 

But the Citroen C3 R5 has Citroen branding in the game and there's gonna be a Citroen C4 as well, which also has nothing to do with DS. The DS Automobiles brand is just 10 years old and shouldn't be put on a 53 year old car

Citroen are weird about their brand.

The DS was always a model, ~10 years ago they tried to make it a brand in its own right, their luxury brand.

As a result they don't want DS confusing customers - if it's Citroen it's Citroen, if it's DS it's DS. 

Can you see where they wouldn't like the Citroen DS21 yet? 

• Agree 1

Yeah, if I recall correctly the R5 program is an official Citroën Sport project, but the rallycross DS3 included in DR and D4 were private, not works, cars. 

As we know the Subaru Impreza 2001 is all but confirmed, we can assume the Ford Focus 2001 will be joining it, how good would it be to see the Peugeot 206 Rally but introduced into the game?

On 3/9/2019 at 1:22 AM, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Odds are good for the 206 based on a comment by one of their licensors.

What was that?

On 3/8/2019 at 3:56 PM, LukeNJ7 said:

As we know the Subaru Impreza 2001 is all but confirmed, we can assume the Ford Focus 2001 will be joining it, how good would it be to see the Peugeot 206 Rally but introduced into the game?

Yes it would be great to see a car that wasn't in the first game, that’s what i expected in this game...that is the norm afterall, to get new things in a new game, how naive of me.

But instead they took out all the 2000’s cars (one of the most popular classes, which codies clearly realise)  from dr1 and are putting them back in a few weeks later, and charging for it. It’s unbelievable frankly.

Edited by Pieman99

14 minutes ago, KingOfCoins said:

Wait about a month. You'll get some grpB RWD then

Honestly I won't be bothering with any of it anyway after finding out today that along with this, which I suspect may be so that they can charge for premium DLC for it, there's the always online connection required for single player career, and no snow/ice rally in a hardcore rally game, I'm not bothering buying it.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 3

There is single player career and online career.  You don't need a connection for the regular.

There is Sweden and Monte Carlo coming end of this month and another month or two out.

They removed some older cars to get some different cars in the base game, they're allowing people to expand the game with those older cars if they want to.  Would you have preferred they made you buy DLC to get anything new instead of optional DLC for something old? 

Remember each time a car appears in the game, it has to be paid for to the license holders, so that it was in a previous game doesn't matter.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

There is single player career and online career.  You don't need a connection for the regular.

There is Sweden and Monte Carlo coming end of this month and another month or two out.

They removed some older cars to get some different cars in the base game, they're allowing people to expand the game with those older cars if they want to.  Would you have preferred they made you buy DLC to get anything new instead of optional DLC for something old? 

Remember each time a car appears in the game, it has to be paid for to the license holders, so that it was in a previous game doesn't matter.

You need to be connected to Racenet to be able to play the career, whether it’s the single player championships or the daily/weekly events, even managing your staff requires a connection. Are you referring to to the Freeplay mode or something?  

They removed all 4 2000’s cars that were present in the previous game meaning unless you buy the dlc then that class is gone, it’s not really expanding it is it.

And then they drop these same cars back in within a few weeks of release as paid content. If a couple of new 2000’s cars were in the base game (e.g. Fabia / 206) and they then charged for the 2000’s cars from the previous game then that would have been better, as that is giving us a genuine choice because we could still use the 2000’s class regardless. 

If they wanted to truly expand the car list like you said they are, then perhaps they should have left a couple of 2000’s cars in the game AND added the r5 class, not replace one with the other.

Granted, the location dlc is easier to defend.

Edited by Pieman99
  • Agree 1

User you didn't read all of, or understand my post.

Did they expanded the car list without DLC, the base game would have to cost more.  Licensing.

You're fixated on the 2000s class, which is fine, but as I said, would you rather they just included all the same old cars and only make new cars as DLC? People would be really mad then.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

No Toyota either 😔

Edited by SteV

I don't suppose you can use the Rallycross cars on Rally courses does anybody know?

40 minutes ago, SteV said:

I don't suppose you can use the Rallycross cars on Rally courses does anybody know?

You can't without a bit of modding an invalidating leaderboard times. Not sure if anyone's done this for DR2 yet.

PLEASE 😎 Inclued the FWD Kit Cars 😁

Peugeot 306 Maxi
Renault Megane Maxi ?
Seat Ibiza Kit Car
Citroen Saxo Kit Car ?
Renault Clio Maxi ? 

😁😁 the best rally cars ever!

only on the vehicle selection screen is the DS logo on the vehicle itself but the Citroen logo
Edited by gleylancer571

On 3/13/2019 at 11:40 AM, SteV said:

You could use any car on any track in Dirt 2. I used rallycars on Raid tracks so surely CM could let you do it in freeplay for fun?

On 3/23/2019 at 9:17 AM, cafe5150 said:

You could use any car on any track in Dirt 2. I used rallycars on Raid tracks so surely CM could let you do it in freeplay for fun?

it was possible in Dirt 3 as well, with some mods. worked online even. but those games came out a long time ago.

On 3/20/2019 at 11:25 AM, LuisFilipe92 said:

PLEASE 😎 Inclued the FWD Kit Cars 😁

Peugeot 306 Maxi
Renault Megane Maxi ?
Seat Ibiza Kit Car
Citroen Saxo Kit Car ?
Renault Clio Maxi ? 

😁😁 the best rally cars ever!

A couple of these might be on our wish list. 😉

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

No prizes for guessing which two cars will be added then 😂 306/ibiza