What to do later in the game

Hi all, 
my status: 9500 cup points still increasing, 1300 PI, >15000 research points and some f1 credits...
I was collecting f1 credits until 400 and then buying 32 parts R&D pack. It's too slowly to get some Epic cards. So I started to use f1 credits to make research slots empty to collect the cards from winning races. It's about to be lucky but it is much faster to get Epic cards. Now I have new epic card every other day with investing 50 f1 credits in average.
It's still very slow to upgrade epic cards but I have not found a faster way. 
I'm not willing to pay (even I did once at the beginning and then for Christmas designed car) because of two reasons: game is unfair as mentioned everywhere here and if I calculate the real money to invest it's a very bad business case.
25 euro for 1000 f1 credits means 2,5 R&D large packs. I need roughly 60 cards to improve all my current levels, so if I'm really lucky to get exactly what I need, I still have to invest around 600€ to improve my car a little... Common Codemasters, this is the price I paid for real race in Formula Czech.

I'm in a similar position. Spent real cash early on thinking a faster car would mean more wins. Wrong! I'm getting close to maximum trophies and upgrading parts is slow and tedious and a bit pointless, no pun intended. But it begs the question - what is the aim of the game? Assuming you eventually have a fully equipped car and 9,999 trophies, do you continue performing qualifying one lap races? For no reward? The next step would logically be to step up to a career mode, with longer races and championship points. But that is inconceivable at this stage since so many aspects of the game are ill conceived and unstable.

I'm getting bored also.  Driving the tracks in the reverse direction in Single player mode is kind of fun  :D

From the comments here, glad I haven’t paid a single cent!

Dear,
I updated up to a maximum of 8 levels of R&D parts (Rear Wing, Cockpit, Brake Disks, Engine block, Steering wheel), and then found new parts for these R&D parts,why? What is the purpose? What's the point of this, if I upgrade to the maximum and then I get new unnecessary parts? It would be better and smarter to receive parts for other R&D parts that are not upgraded to the maximum, so the game has some sense and purpose.

Thanks & Best regards

That's why I don't think this game was fully thought out. I really don't think they expected players to "top out" so quickly. The events are only going to hold people over for so long because they're only once a week and pretty short. Without some sort of career mode that lasts multiple seasons with longer races the user base is going to start to erode away rapidly. That's not to mention the steady stream of bugs that they keep introducing that breaks core game modes, like the issues with the duels going on right now. The should have just enhanced the 2016 version of the game and added the duels and events to that. A microtransaction-type racing game may work for other types of racing, but it just doesn't work for F1, which is based around a season and teams. What would really set Codemasters apart from other mobile games is developing the most realistic version of F1 that they can, rather than just simply copying the hundreds of other mobile games that already exist. They already have really good graphics for this game, so I don't get why they're spending time on cosmetic helmets that have no bearing on the game itself, and are not visible outside of the load screen. Nobody cares about pretty colors. They want real, quality racing. 

There is a very realistic F1 game for ios called Monoposto. Practice sessions, qualifying, then 50 lap races with pit stops, choices of tyres, change set-ups for downforce or speed and wet and dry races. The tracks are wide allowing room to overtake and the bots drive like actual cars. The full version is only $3 or something and would be a good model for F1 Mobile to follow. The major drawbacks to it are the tracks are not official and it doesn't take long to finish a Championship, then you delete it.