Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Update 11:00AM UK Time | Expected to last no longer than 2 hours ×

GintoGaming comes to Codemasters

CodiesBlogBot

• Codemasters Staff

I’ve been in games recruitment for over a decade and I am very aware of the lack of gender balance in the industry, particularly in games development. At Codemasters we have the ‘double-whammy’ that there are very few women in motorsport too, but we wish to tackle these challenges proactively.

One of my goals is to improve the gender balance in our studios, and it’s a topic I am very passionate about. Codemasters have joined forces with Liz Prince for many years, founder of GintoGaming, an industry campaign to accelerate gender diversity in games. As a proactive step, we’re hosting a cross-studio event at HQ in Southam to generate new ideas of how to employ more women in the games industry.

We’re delighted to announce that Liz Prince and Marie Claire Isamaan, CEO of Women in Games have confirmed attendance on the panel alongside Tamsin O’Luanaigh, winner of the GintoGaming Award. Tamsin will be sharing her tips on how she won this accolade, and we can’t wait to hear her ideas. We also have Diversity and Inclusion experts Right Track Learning on board to give insight on how we can begin to address the industry’s collective needs. Last but not least, games industry media expert Charlotte Nangle of GI.Biz will be a panel guest.

This is an exciting first step for Codemasters and one I hope will be the beginning of a contribution to a change we all agree is long-overdue.

View the full article

Archived