The Stuff Thread

V is for victory of which I shall have.
P is for possibilities of which there are plenty.
N is for nice people of which you are not.

AMS97KRR said:
Hughesy said:
I think I'm the only person in the world who isn't bothered about that film :joy: 
Just get out. Now.
Paa, all it is is two men fighting each other with an LED dildo :joy: 

I got tickets for the Saturday showing. Going with my dad, brother and nephew, can't wait.

Hughesy said:
I can't help but think @Hughesy must be a Trekkie ;)
I have no idea what that is, so obviously not.... ;)
It really does surprise me, knowing the kind of games and stuff you're into, that you don't find this the least bit interesting :p 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGbxmsDFVnE

It raises the hair on my arms and gives me chills down my spine watching that trailer! After growing up with Star Wars being some of my favourite movies as a kid (and still now), the excitement I have for this movie goes beyond any other movie. I've never preordered tickets to a movie before, but I already know I will be again for every upcoming Star Wars film :)

The films and everything are great, but the music is what gives me the chills. Such an amazing soundtrack.

I'm going with the family. I don't think I've ever been this excited for a movie.

Hughesy said:
I have no idea what that is, so obviously not.... ;)
It really does surprise me, knowing the kind of games and stuff you're into, that you don't find this the least bit interesting :p 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGbxmsDFVnE

It raises the hair on my arms and gives me chills down my spine watching that trailer! After growing up with Star Wars being some of my favourite movies as a kid (and still now), the excitement I have for this movie goes beyond any other movie. I've never preordered tickets to a movie before, but I already know I will be again for every upcoming Star Wars film :)
It's not that I hate it or anything, but it's never been a series that excites me ;)

I know I am but then I prefer a good story over people that go Pew pew all the time. I do like Star wars but it can be a little action heavy. I'll likely wait till it's out on DVD or Sky show it and watch it then if I feel the need to see it. Right now though I don't. Although I read recently though that Star Trek could be getting a new series soon. Apparently they're currently working on ideas now.

I know I am but then I prefer a good story over people that go Pew pew all the time. I do like Star wars but it can be a little action heavy. I'll likely wait till it's out on DVD or Sky show it and watch it then if I feel the need to see it. Right now though I don't. Although I read recently though that Star Trek could be getting a new series soon. Apparently they're currently working on ideas now.
Dude... Really? So a movie series which has a story that's been compared to Homer's Iliad, and the Bible just to name a couple of things, is 'action heavy'? Wow lol. Star Wars is one story set over what will be 9 movies and a 50-60 year period of time, each Star Trek film or episode is a seperate story condensed into 1-2 hrs. 

Btw, if you think it's just pew pew, when is the last time you watched any Star Wars film? 

When you're talking to someone and they won't shut up
https://twitter.com/cctv_idiots/status/673609027876728832

Platy said:
The films and everything are great, but the music is what gives me the chills. Such an amazing soundtrack.
Film soundtracks don't get enough credit, they can completely transform a film.

It sounds stupid but in that particular trailer, the bit that gives me the chills isn't any of the music in the actual trailer, it's the bit at 2.02 where it just says 'Star Wars'.

Firstly it's an E major chord (probably my favourite note), and the horn melody is just so good. The whole balance of the chord is spot on, amazing bass and then subtle strings at the top.

Oh god yes.

Dude... Really? So a movie series which has a story that's been compared to Homer's Iliad, and the Bible just to name a couple of things, is 'action heavy'? Wow lol. Star Wars is one story set over what will be 9 movies and a 50-60 year period of time, each Star Trek film or episode is a seperate story condensed into 1-2 hrs. 

Btw, if you think it's just pew pew, when is the last time you watched any Star Wars film? 

It's been a while but I've seen all 6 and got them all on DVD but as I said I can wait I'm not really that excited for it.

While it is mostly true for the original series and TNG to an extent both Deep Space 9 and Star Trek Voyager were designed as long running saga's as was Enterprise as it tells the story of how Starfleet and the United  Federation of planets was formed and got started

MBKF1 said:
Platy said:

It sounds stupid but in that particular trailer, the bit that gives me the chills isn't any of the music in the actual trailer, it's the bit at 2.02 where it just says 'Star Wars'.

Firstly it's an E major chord (probably my favourite note), and the horn melody is just so good. The whole balance of the chord is spot on, amazing bass and then subtle strings at the top.

Oh god yes.
I didn't think you liked Star Wars?

This guy is a real dick, posting photoshopped pictures making a joke of the situation, and linking mental health to terrorism.....
https://twitter.com/dapperlaughs/status/673858925943513088

fIsince08 said:
MBKF1 said:
Platy said:

Oh god yes.
I didn't think you liked Star Wars?
I don't mind it, I've just never been able to get into it, the music is epic though.

Hughesy said:
This guy is a real dick, posting photoshopped pictures making a joke of the situation, and linking mental health to terrorism.....
https://twitter.com/dapperlaughs/status/673858925943513088
DapperLaughs is funny though, he does occasionally overstep the mark but he's a comedian...

Disagree, don't think he's ever funny, just says things to get those precious retweets....

Doubt half of these people could give you the actual definition of terrorism or even point out Syria on a map. People jump on the bandwagon without knowing what they're talking about but that's just social media commentary for you.