The Stuff Thread

Hughesy said:
So my next door neighbour that I hate has something else to annoy me in his garden. It's a battery powered frog, literally just make frog noises and is proper annoying. If I was mobile I'd hope over the fence and smash the thing, the block is such a ****. 

He must have put it there to drive you hopping mad :p

fIsince08 said:
Hughesy said:
Kinda, you're like the secret love child though  :p
Mine looks cooler though  B)
Yours is red so it is cool.

Yea if you haven't guessed my favourite colour is red. I regret not waiting the extra month it would have taken to get a red Golf rather than black, although black was my second choice,

Hughesy said:
fIsince08 said:
Hughesy said:
Kinda, you're like the secret love child though  :p
Mine looks cooler though  B)
Yours is red so it is cool.

Yea if you haven't guessed my favourite colour is red. I regret not waiting the extra month it would have taken to get a red Golf rather than black, although black was my second choice,
I actually wanted to look at a grey one that was higher spec but older, but it was sold the day before I went so I got this one instead. I must admit that I won't really miss the extra tech, but cruise control may have been useful for when I drive to Silverstone in July.

My car has cruise control, I've used it for about 5 minutes and that's it. Even on the trips to Silverstone I didn't use it, so you able bodied people have no excuse  :p I honestly just prefer being in control lol. 

I got my car back from its service and updated gearbox, I haven't had a chance to test it yet as it was delivered back to me.

Hughesy said:
My car has cruise control, I've used it for about 5 minutes and that's it. Even on the trips to Silverstone I didn't use it, so you able bodied people have no excuse  :p I honestly just prefer being in control lol. 
Silverstone is a lot closer to your house than mine though :P 

Yes but I have issues with legs which is why I use crutches, yet I had no issues. I have been on much longer trips than that when driving in Germany  ;)  It really makes no difference, it's not like the accelerator pedal is heavy :p

Finally my Sony Z5 has the Nougat update. Loving the changes so far, it feels faster. I'm also looking forward to if it's improved battery life, but I won't really know that until tomorrow   :D The new split screen mode is great, unlike Apple both are actually running so you can actually keep an eye on both things real-time. 

So then, new new Top Gear, what's everybody's thoughts?

I mostly liked it, much better without Chris Evans that's for sure, there's a bit of banter again. The FXXK film was good, the reliable cars film was great, but why they've extended one of the parts of the show that most people didn't enjoy so much I do not know. The celebrity section before was only like 10 mins, now it's about half the show, but at least with James McAvoy they picked someone who's funny and entertaining. I'm glad they've got the original track back too now, and it's interesting that they've picked a car that's harder to drive fast than the older ones.

I still think Matt LeBlanc is kind of the odd one out of the 3, and that really it should be Chris Harris leading the show with Rory Reid and a 3rd member picked from either another public audition or YouTube, but at least Matt isn't awful or anything.

So then, new new Top Gear, what's everybody's thoughts?

I mostly liked it, much better without Chris Evans that's for sure, there's a bit of banter again. The FXXK film was good, the reliable cars film was great, but why they've extended one of the parts of the show that most people didn't enjoy so much I do not know. The celebrity section before was only like 10 mins, now it's about half the show, but at least with James McAvoy they picked someone who's funny and entertaining. I'm glad they've got the original track back too now, and it's interesting that they've picked a car that's harder to drive fast than the older ones.

I still think Matt LeBlanc is kind of the odd one out of the 3, and that really it should be Chris Harris leading the show with Rory Reid and a 3rd member picked from either another public audition or YouTube, but at least Matt isn't awful or anything.
I quite liked it. It needs work and the chemistry between the presenters in the studio is a little frosty, but there is definite potential there. SIARFC is an interesting concept and I like seeing Chris teach the celebs, but I agree it lasts a bit too long - the Clarkson era version was better.

This new style definitely works better though and the new studio brings it into the 21st century too.

Really enjoyed Top Gear, only just managed to catch up with it! To be perfectly honest, I enjoyed it more than most of the Grand Tour episodes, it felt more natural.

FXXK film was brilliant, reliable car film, very good again. As Prawn said, not a huge fan of the extended celeb bit, hopefully they'll keep it shorter in the future.

But a great start, really looking forward to the rest of the series.

So I still haven't watched the first episode, but I just turned on Top Gear and watched a guy ruin a new Alfa, already like it :D These two guys are good, but as soon as Joey comes on it'll all be ruined. 

I'd call that another good episode! The fall challenge, going down the hill in neutral, was probably the highlight for me, mostly because doing that without any control of the throttle would shit me up lol.

Sorry to change the subject, but watch this until the end, it's Fucking hilarious. The guy getting himself some is like no ***** given :joy:

https://twitter.com/Sporf/status/840923667668307974

That guy she kissed is absolutely loving it, just sippin away on that drink. 

This is why old people shouldn't be driving. At the bottom of Yeovil there's a one way street. I go around a corner and some old guy is coming at me going the wrong way. It's the hardest I have ever braked. Told him to turn around before he kills someone, better yet stop driving! 

My dad isn't allowed to drive due to Alzheimer's, even he knows what a one way sign looks like. As @RevolvingPrawn knows I don't normally react to bad drivers, but that almost sent me over the edge :joy:

Yea it is or was for a while today. 

Random post, McDonald's caramel latte are lush.