The Stuff Thread

We have the 7.3 L Ford Excursion and the Up-Pipes to the turbo went out. So while we were fixing it we borrowed our friends Chevy Avalanche. It had the 8.1 V8 engine (the biggest that Chevy makes for their trucks) and it was 4WD. The truck is ugly but it hauled Fricken A$$!

I just had a smart electric meter fitted in my house, now I’m obsessing about the amount of energy I’m using. It’s a good job I don’t have AMD components in my PC, otherwise I’d be using as much as a nuclear reactor  :joy:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5403557/Earthquake-hits-South-Wales-4-9-Richter-scale.html

Felt this whilst I was sat at my desk earlier. It kinda felt like my chair shook and moved slightly, a little like when you go over a small wave in a boat, and then I noticed some of the stuff on my desk was rocking back and forth.

I had no idea what to think of it until I just saw there'd been an earthquake in Wales lol.

So I'm snowed in. Where I live the road isn't gritted. I've already watched a few of my neighbours try and fail to get up a hill to get to main roads. As I walk with crutches, maybe I could put some ski's on and use my crutches as poles :joy:
Even with traction control its impossible, this is the first ever red weather warning Somerset has  had. Its meant to get even worse at 3pm. At least I'm not stuck on a motorway for 15 hours like some currently are.

It's not that bad here, it's freezing but hardly any snow tbh.. I just want a day off :disappointed:

It's been quite bad here, uni has been closed yesterday and today but even if it was open I don't think I'd get there.

There's a gritter stuck on the A19 too...

Hughesy said:
So I'm snowed in. Where I live the road isn't gritted. I've already watched a few of my neighbours try and fail to get up a hill to get to main roads. As I walk with crutches, maybe I could put some ski's on and use my crutches as poles :joy:
Even with traction control its impossible, this is the first ever red weather warning Somerset has  had. Its meant to get even worse at 3pm. At least I'm not stuck on a motorway for 15 hours like some currently are.
Not snowed in yet for me, but I did leave work at 1pm today to try and avoid the worst of it. Luckily my commute only has 1 uphill part and it's gradual so no problem :p Probably no work tomorrow either with how bad it's set to be overnight. I'll have only worked a day and a half this week after having Monday and Tuesday on leave!

Lol its so deep that when I let my dog out his legs and half his body disappeared. It was quite fun watching cars trying to get up here though. There is actually a yellow tub that is full of grit here, it was put here because when there's ice it stays there for ages as the sun never reaches it. If I was healthy I'd go shovel the snow away and put the grit down myself.

Right about now I wish I had 4WD.... Was meant to go food shopping tomorrow, but now its not likely, its even heavier now than when I took the photo, I'll just have to eat whatever crap I already have.

I just stuck a tape measure into the snow at my back door, and it's 4 and a half inches deep :) So awesome lol, we never get snow like this down south!

You’ve got off lightly, it’s nearly 10 inches in my garden. My poor dogs disappear under the snow, one of which is seeing snow for the first time and doesn’t like it, even though  Shiuzu are from northern China and are bred for snow with massive paws :joy:

It's getting deeper :p 7 inches at the back door now and it's still coming down heavily here, how about there? Gonna be interesting to see how deep it is in the morning.

My cats won't even go out in it dude, I've had to set up their old cat litter tray (the poo smell is so bad). I chucked one out the back door earlier and he came running back in and did this on the tile kitchen floor :)

Yep still coming down hard, I'm just amazed I haven't had a power cut or anything yet.

Haha cat poo is possibly the worst smelling thing in the world. When I had a cat he wouldn't go out in the snow either.

It almost doesn't matter how much it snows here. People will still drive. I had to drive though a storm one time, I could barley see the guy I was following.

It would be impossible to drive in this amount of snow though, unless you have snow chains or maybe snow tyres. When the snow is many many inches deep you won’t get any traction, that’s why people have been stuck on roads for over 15 hours. Not being able to see isn’t the problem.

Hughesy said:
Lol its so deep that when I let my dog out his legs and half his body disappeared. It was quite fun watching cars trying to get up here though. There is actually a yellow tub that is full of grit here, it was put here because when there's ice it stays there for ages as the sun never reaches it. If I was healthy I'd go shovel the snow away and put the grit down myself.
Your local council can always employ this guy lol

Lol pretty much :joy: It’s even worse now, as the snow has frozen so it’s like an ice ring. Also on your post, on a main road a gritting lorry is blocking a road, so yea... lol
The biggest issue is we don’t have loads of  snowplows , where’s this guy when you need him.

I'm uni down south, and yeah, this is amazing snow! Went out for a late night walk around the uni campus last night at about 11pm, it was brilliant. Quite eerie. Uni is closed today too so I'm gonna splodge in front of the TV In reckon!

Yep, I’m not even attempting to go out. My only issue is I have F all food, some frozen food and tins of stuff, so I’m hoping by Sunday I can go food shopping. It’s my own fault, I knew the weather was coming, but I was like it’s the news over  exaggerating, but for once they weren’t. Also I said I wish I had 4WD, well someone who does just tried and failed to get up the hill, I guess Land Rovers can’t  conquer everything...

I just walked down to Waitrose to get some essentials, and got there in just a nick of time. They said they were closing in the next 5 minutes, so I dashed in and got some pasta, a sauce, milk, some crisps and then went back, they ran out of bread!