The Stuff Thread

Hughesy said:
I'm going to be in a bad mood come tomorrow. Two days in a row my postman hasn't turned up and I'm waiting for E-liquid. I don't know what's going on as the whole street hasn't had any post delivered. To improve my mood one of next doors kids puked up right next to my drivers side door and then just left it, so I knocked the door and the parent refused to clean it up. Next time I'm sick I'll make sure to puke up just outside her front door.....

Oh and here's a picture of it taken from far away as I don't want to go near it, I pray for rain tonight. On a positive note, this is fully zoomed in on my S9 Plus and it looks great in terms of not losing much detail, except for the finger prints on my window lol.

Well I've just spent the better part of the last week without internet but I think it's been fixed now though as it looks like it' s working properly.

That must have been painful! I can't imagine life without the Internet now lol

Lukedfrt said:
That must have been painful! I can't imagine life without the Internet now lol
Yeah it was especially as I do kind of depend on it for my games and everything. Especially as most of my games either require downloading or require an active internet connection to access certain features such as MEA which you need the internet to access the strike team part of SP or for DAI  where you need the internet to download a new world state into the game. Thankfully lately I've mostly been playing Fifa so it didn't really matter too much unless you play Ultimate team or something it doesn't really matter which I don't as I mostly play either career the journey or with the womens teams. I had been wanting to continue the MEA playthrough I had on the go but held off due to not being able to access the strike teams.

Wow so my home broadband has just had a DOS attack. First there was a call from someone claiming to be BT, but it became apparent it wasn't. Then I checked my router logs and could see DOS attacks. I think I've fixed it now though.

Now who did it, well I think it was a Sea Of Thieves player. As last night this guy just appeared on my boat which shouldn't happen, never attacked me or anything, I shot him and he fell off the boat. Then about 20mins later I was at a far away island getting treasure, there were no boats anyway. Whilst digging I suddenly heard the bell from my boat, he was there again and had moved my treasure but not took it, now that isn't normal in this game at all. 

Hughesy said:
Wow so my home broadband has just had a DOS attack. First there was a call from someone claiming to be BT, but it became apparent it wasn't. Then I checked my router logs and could see DOS attacks. I think I've fixed it now though.

Now who did it, well I think it was a Sea Of Thieves player. As last night this guy just appeared on my boat which shouldn't happen, never attacked me or anything, I shot him and he fell off the boat. Then about 20mins later I was at a far away island getting treasure, there were no boats anyway. Whilst digging I suddenly heard the bell from my boat, he was there again and had moved my treasure but not took it, now that isn't normal in this game at all. 
Google "Sea of Hackers" bud ;)

So I had to take my dog to the vets today as he had a bad tummy and wouldn't eat. So he had to have another blood test as she thought it was his liver that had got worse. It has and now his kidneys are also failing. She gave him some steroids and he's now eating, and I've got some to give him over the weekend so I can spend some time with him. Next week I will be having my best friend put to sleep, I'm heartbroken  :'(

Hughesy said:
So I had to take my dog to the vets today as he had a bad tummy and wouldn't eat. So he had to have another blood test as she thought it was his liver that had got worse. It has and now his kidneys are also failing. She gave him some steroids and he's now eating, and I've got some to give him over the weekend so I can spend some time with him. Next week I will be having my best friend put to sleep, I'm heartbroken  :'(
I know how you feel one of our dogs died recently as well Piper. They don't live with me and mum any more as they moved out when mum and her partner split but he was a lovely dog both of them were. In Piper's case it was because he had fluid in his lungs or something but in the end he wasn't  eating or drinking and was barely even moving so I've been told so we had no choice but to have him put down. Sad way to go but then I don't think there ever is a good way.

Cheers. Thankfully with steroids he is now eating, but I can tell he's in pain, so I'll be spending as much time over the weekend with him and then make the decision I don't want to make.

Some back story. I got him when he was 3, he'd been abused by previous owners and was in pretty bad shape. He looked older then than he does now because of the stress, so I saved him.

But something I have never told people on here, he also saved my life, because not long before I got him I was diagnosed with MS and just wanted to end it and vividly pictured how I'd do it. Then a few days later my aunt called and said a dog needed a home, she knew the people that owned him and asked them if they would let him go, without flinching they said yes.  

So suddenly I had a dog that needed me and I needed him, so the bond was so strong. It was his 13th birthday on Monday, which for any shih tzu is old, but for one that was so badly treated up until 3, it's amazing that he's reached 13, which is about 74 in dog years.

I plan on getting a small tattoo of his face soon, so I can always see him, it'll be my one and only tattoo. 
My little dog will also miss him a lot, as from the day he was born he could see River and wanted to follow him, but couldn't until he'd had inoculations. But as soon as he could they were inseparable

Lukedfrt said:
Sorry to hear mate :pensive: .. Pets really are a part of the family 
That they are me and my brother were fond of our cats too when we were growing up. 

Lukedfrt said:
Sorry to hear mate :pensive: .. Pets really are a part of the family 
Thanks mate. They are pretty much my kids, as I never want to have actual kids because they are ungrateful buggers lol.
He's responded well to steroids and is now eating properly, so I should get At least another week.
I've already dug a grave for him, because the day it happens I wouldn't want to do it then. Also buying a little fence to go around it as I don't want my other dog walking all over it.

For the first time ever I've left an angry note under someone's car wiper. There's a fate going on in the park opposite my house. Went out for 5 mins and just knew some idiot would pinch my safe, and sure enough someone did. I've now blocked them in as there's nowhere for me to go, and put a note under the wiper saying residents only, I expect some rage later from this driver. It's made me angry though, as there's plenty of places next to the field on the road, but the chose to pinch a residents car park.

Update: She didn't even look at it and drove off with it still attached, I'd already moved my car once a space was free as I'm a nice person. Shouldn't have put nails under the wheels, might  have noticed then :joy:

So if you don't agree to the new terms and conditions your account will be deleted in 30 days hahaha

Hughesy said:
What, for this forum? I haven't had any emails about it.
Was a automated message on the forum, I was signed out and as soon as i signed in it came up with the new terms and conditions.

Ah I see, I just signed out and back in and it came out. I presume it's just 30 days from when you see it, because if you're always singed in you won't see it. Think it's to do with the new UK law.

It's the Formula Student competition at Silverstone next week. The opening ceremony was supposed to start at 7:15 on Wednesday, but they've just announced they're moving it and showing the football instead  B)

It was the design competition today, our chief judge was Wilhelm Toet, an ex F1 chief aerodynamiscist!

Jesus Christ the motorsport section has been taken over by spam bots, so much so that my phone thought it was a Chinese site :joy:

Edit: Wait, the J word is banned, I learn something new every day.

You should drive in France mate if you want to witness really ignorant drivers. At traffic  lights red doesn't mean stop, it means we will try stopping in a bit

So frustrated. I applied for Amazon platinum credit card which was approved. One of the reasons to get it is it gives you £500 instant spend before the card arrives. First though you have to answer two identity check questions. Just as I was doing it my browser crashed, once I got back on the page the questions just said empty so I couldn't answer them, so I cancelled.

Then went through the process again and it just skips that section and says I can't get the instant spend, yet I could until the browser crashed. I only wanted it so I could buy a Oculus Rift headset and needed to be able to buy it today, that was my last option, I just don't get it.

Somehow without dropping or crushing the curved part of my Samsung S9 plus screen cracked, it's so strange. It's now packaged up to be fixed by Tesco. So I'm now using my Sony Z5 which feels so weird.