The Stuff Thread

Haha, he also often sleeps with an eye open and snores 
https://twitter.com/TheRealHughesy/status/1040345864391327744?s=19

No he's just a shih tzu, but he has a wonky jaw. He was my mum's dogs pup and was tiny compared to the rest so always had to be given food on his own as the others pushed him out of the way, which is why I fell in love with the little dude.
She's in the middle, her pups on the right and my late dog on the left 

Just fitted those leds to my car, actually looks good. I'll post a video of it tomorrow when it's dark. They also react to music, so I have myself a mobile nightclub.

On a separate subject, I asked my brother to draw my late doggy as I want a tattoo of him. This is what he came up with, I love it, wish I could draw like him

Hughesy said:
Just fitted those leds to my car, actually looks good. I'll post a video of it tomorrow when it's dark. They also react to music, so I have myself a mobile nightclub.
They do sound cool, i'm tempted to get some for mine now haha

@Hughesy

That drawing is amazing and is so cute.

Yes, please post a video of the LED lights in your car. Would love to see that.

McStanley

Does anyone here ever wake up in the morning and just be in a bad mood for no apparent reason? That's what happened to me today and I don't know why.
It's at times like this that I wish my legs still worked, as going out for a run always calmed me down.

Hughesy said:
Does anyone here ever wake up in the morning and just be in a bad mood for no apparent reason? That's what happened to me today and I don't know why.
It's at times like this that I wish my legs still worked, as going out for a run always calmed me down.
Sometimes if i'm in a bad mood during the day i'll go for a drive for an hour to calm down.

Hughesy said:
I had the same thing this morning, post crash stress I reckon. I chose to drink a lot of coffee and throw myself into work plus off for 4 weeks field work tomorrow so very happy hehe. ::smile:

Hughesy said:
Sometimes if i'm in a bad mood during the day i'll go for a drive for an hour to calm down.
I would go for a drive, but all around my area there are road works. It's would be easier to drive around London at the moment. I think I kinda know why I'm in a bad mood, it's over a stupid thing that I shouldn't even be angry about.
A 5 minute drive yesterday took 45 minutes, so I think that would create more rage

Hughesy said:

Yes, this happens to me a lot, quite often.

McStanley 

I find driving is therapeutic, but you still need to be careful doing this, as bringing a mood onto the roads is not a gold. Could cause road rage, etc.

McStanley

Hughesy said:
Sometimes yeah. I just tend to play a game that helps me vent a bit when I am. I find games like Doom or something helps a lot with that.

Doom is definitely a stress reliever. Glad I'm not the only one though.

So I think my anger is to do with the girl I'm talking to. I haven't really told her about how my medical condition affects me and with good reason. 5 years ago I was talking with a girl and we'd been talking for about 3 months and were going to meet up.

I thought I need to tell her about it all before we meet. As soon as I said I can't walk far without using crutches, I never heard from her again. That broke me and I went to a dark place because of it and lost all interest in trying to find love. That's what worries me about this person, as I don't think I could deal with that again.

There are people out there who like you for who you are, but there's also people who have a real problem with those that aren't 100% healthy. I'll stop rambling now lol.

Edit: I told her and it's going well I think, she hasn't run off at least lol.

Hughesy said:
Doom is definitely a stress reliever. Glad I'm not the only one though.

So I think my anger is to do with the girl I'm talking to. I haven't really told her about how my medical condition affects me and with good reason. 5 years ago I was talking with a girl and we'd been talking for about 3 months and were going to meet up.

I thought I need to tell her about it all before we meet. As soon as I said I can't walk far without using crutches, I never heard from her again. That broke me and I went to a dark place because of it and lost all interest in trying to find love. That's what worries me about this person, as I don't think I could deal with that again.

There are people out there who like you for who you are, but there's also people who have a real problem with those that aren't 100% healthy. I'll stop rambling now lol.

Edit: I told her and it's going well I think, she hasn't run off at least lol.
Yeah that's one of the reasons why I don't think I'd ever partner up because as soon as we get into problems associated with my disability I don't think they'd want to know. Plus I prefer my own company generally anyway. The only way I think I'm going to get to have a kind of relationship will be on RPG's like Dragon Age and Mass Effect which allow for such romances. :p

Thankfully not everyone is judgemental and she seemed cool with it. Always thought I was happy on my own, I do like being on my own, but since I started talking to her I'm not sure.

I still don't think it'll come to anything, it's not likely I'm going to move to New York, simply because the medical treatment I have would cost a fortune in the US. So we will probably just stay gaming buddies, but you never know.

Always have hope for the future mate, as the old adage goes there's always someone out there for everyone.

While I don't have a physical disability I did grow up wondering if I was too different. (I am high functioning autistic) I literally dropped into meeting my special person. I was helping my mum clean the upstairs windows when I was 14, I fell off the ladder and went splat, cracked my skull broke several bones yay! Anyways she was in hospital too with a sports injury, our beds were next too each other and we started talking, she didn't mind the way I used to speak strangely, the way I used to stare blankly at people, how I would fold undo and refold the bedsheets, how I would take single sips from a glass then wipe the rim and then sip from the opposite side and repeat every time I had a drink and many other mannerisms I developed. (I have learned to mostly suppress those urges and issues, lots and lots of work to adjust myself) She was openly gay, I knew I was gay too,  but too afraid to tell anyone. She was from a poor family and rough as, I'm the opposite but we both say now that on that day we were meant to be :) She held my hand when I told my parents that she wasn't just my best friend, she drove me to my first day of school when I was 16 (had been home schooled all my life till then) (Shes 3 years older). She used to ring me every day when I lived in the UK to tell me she loved me and that she was proud of me (can you imagine what its like for someone like me to leave home to go to a foreign country and go to school?, yikes can't believe I made it through)

Like I said love can conquer any barrier except those we place in front of ourselves. The right person won't see the physical issues like my partner didn't see my mental ones.

P.S Funnily enough the only place I ever felt at ease as a teen till I met her was in my Kart tearing around a racetrack, I always loved going too fast. I think I've lost that now...I had to pull over and cry several times as I drove to my field work on Monday. I still have the shakes too eek Anyway its late and I must sleep now :) 

Well, I've had a great day today! It was my 21st earlier this month and I asked for a driving experience around Croft, which I've had today. First off I got to do 3 laps in a Porsche Cayman, then 4 laps in a McLaren 570S and finally 4 laps in a Ginetta G20.

As a warm up, I actually found the Porsche faster than it really was but I think that's because it's so low. I was scared driving it but by the end got used to it.

The McLaren was insane! The noise is what you notice first, but the way it accelerates is unlike anything I've ever been in, it's just mental! The speed you can take through the corners is staggering as well. I did over 120 MPH by the braking zone for Tower, which is just over a half mile straight.

The Ginetta, well that's the most difficult to drive. Obviously, it's not as fast, but there are no driver aids at all, no power steering and no brake servo either. The clutch was really heavy and the brakes were too. It was such a challenge to drive (especially with big feet, I had to bend my foot awkwardly as my shoe caught the top of the foot well) but as you grew in confidence it felt so rewarding. You could feel it squirming under braking which was a bit scary sometimes.

For a bit extra you get in car footage with minor telemetry of your supercar lap, so I've attached the video of me driving the McLaren!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I got an extra lap in the Ginetta. The throttle cable snapped on my first one 1 1/2 laps in, so I had to coast back in 1st gear on clutch drive only. I was supposed to get 3 laps in a different one, but the instructor was kind and gave me another :D

https://youtu.be/zb7vP9-I-EY